ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT CHRIS MCDONOUGH AND THE INTERVIEW ROOM

Nothing that Chris M says is allowed on this forum unless it is backed up by law enforcement.

Chris has personally lied to me. He accused an innocent man of being Brian Laundry. He lied about being removed from the Crow lawsuit. He was removed but then put back in the lawsuit and lost. Chris told me he was removed from the lawsuit and was not sued. He never told me he was added back into the lawsuit and lost. Chris was sued for getting a false confession in the murder of Stephanie Crow.
I could go on but suffice it to say anything he says is not allowed. Even if it is in mainstream media.

Again only if what he said is backed up by an actual law enforcement source.

Here is the documentation on the Crow lawsuit
The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Ruling from 2010 which overrules Dougie's decision from 2004.

Retired judge slams Crowe case

"A federal trial judge in San Diego dismissed the bulk of the civil rights suit in 2004. But six years later, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals revived the lawsuit, finding that Escondido police violated the civil rights of Crowe and his friends during “hours of grueling, psychologically abusive interrogations.”

The above links come from a great YouTube creator called Scientific Skeptic. If you go to this video there are more links describing the interrogation tools used by Chris and others in the Crow case,

Because Chris mistakenly named the wrong man on my YouTube channel and never told me to take down the false information I made this apology video when I discovered what happened,
Here is the apology video I had to make because of what Chris said on my Livestream.

The glove that Chris found was not there on the day of the Moscow Idaho murders

The MOB Crew has a great video showing the ground the day of the killing where the glove was found later in the month. On that day the glove was not there. Go to @2:35 of this video

I am not suggesting Chris did not legitimately find the glove. Just showing you it has nothing to do with the case. I will be shocked if Chris updates the story about the glove.

For those of you who know me this is an extremely unusual step for me to take. This is how strongly I feel. I was lied to but more importantly, because of Chris' actions, people's lives were threatened in the Summer Wells case.

Please do not discuss this post on this thread. If you have any questions please email me at websleuthsvideos@gmail.com

Tricia

The thread will reopen in about an hour to give members time to read the following and "Like" the post to indicate you have read and understood.

The following is not allowed:

Sleuthing or encouraging sleuthing individuals who are not officially named POIs and are not suspects at this time

Generalized bashing of or attempts to discredit LE or make insinuations/accusations about them when members have no knowledge of what LE has or has not done, what they know or do not know

Insinuations about a potential attempt at cover-up by the U of I is not based on any known fact, is wild speculation and is off limits

Members can not bring “comments” by the general public into this discussion. They are considered rumor and your post will be removed and member may face a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

NO LINK, NO POST !! Even screenshots require a link.

“Opinion articles” are not allowed. Members are encouraged to form their own opinions based on what we know via MSM or LE, scholarly or other approved sources, not based on opinions of thousands of others throughout the WWW.

Hyper-focusing or nit-picking and bickering about things that don’t matter .. i.e. if someone uses a word that you think should have been another word. Scroll and roll and roll your eyes in the privacy of your home .. no need for everything that goes through your head to end up on your keyboard.

New members MUST read The Rules of this site that they agreed to upon registering at Websleuths. Ignorance of our law is no excuse ;)

Once again, a reminder to "Like" this post to indicate you have read and understood the above.

Thanks everyone.

Sillybilly
WS Administrator

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

The Report feature is for members to alert us to violations of Websleuths Terms of Service, not to have us fact-checking all the minute details of every single case. WS has hundreds of alerts that our very few volunteer staff have to stick-handle every single day. We can not possibly know all the minute details of every case, and we do not have time to correct misinformation that may crop up in the various threads.

While rumors are a violation of TOS, simple misinformation or a misstatement of fact is not. If misinformation creeps into the thread, please just correct it on the thread through respectful discussion, supported by links to the correct details.

Also a reminder that, as part of victimology, discussion of KNOWN victim behavior as fact is fine as long as it isn’t accompanied with judgmental commentary or negative connotation or negative speculation that constitutes victim shaming or blaming (i.e. drugs or other illegal activity is not a KNOWN and is not allowed).

And please forego the virtue signalling. The discussion isn’t about us or our own perfect values.

Thanks !!

ADMIN NOTE:

Folks, it is only member speculation that these killings could be the work of a serial killer.

Please leave Bundy and the rest of that mottley crew out of this discussion until/unless LE indicates there could be a SK at work here.

Thank you.

ADMIN NOTE:

The "public's right to know" discussion has derailed this thread for pages now. That is a social justice issue (which will never be solved via discussion at Websleuths) ... when the actual topic of this discussion is the tragic killing of 4 young adults.

Move on to discuss the actual case.

Thank you.

ADMIN NOTE:

If you aren't sure if a source is approved, please seek approval before discussing any of the content. It makes thread cleanup so much more difficult and time-consuming when Mods have to go through pages and pages of posts to remove the OP and all the responses, and responses to those responses, etc.

Just as an example, yesterday out of many, many pages of Reports, just 2 pages alone were 40 Reports with 38 of them relating to this discussion alone. Mods are swamped with this discussion. Please don't make things more difficult for them.

Thank you.

ETA: Also, please move on from the discussion as to whether E was or was not drunk as there is nothing to substantiate either way. It is speculation that is not based on any known fact, and is not victim friendly. As per TOS:

"Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case."

The qualifying word in the above is "known".

ADMIN NOTE:

Welcome to all our new members who have joined the discussion. We were all new once and it takes a while to learn all the ins and outs, become familiar with our Terms of Service, and generally how Websleuths rolls. We are not your average run-of-the-mill type of site where anything goes.

We want our new members to feel welcome, so if you have an issue please don't hesitate to contact a Mod or Admin by Reporting an offensive or inflammatory post (Report button at the bottom of each post). Just Report and let our Moderators or Administrators review the issue and deal with it rather than responding on the thread.

Glad you are here to contribute. If you have questions about our rules, just ask by using use the Report feature to jump off any post, and we will do our best to answer them for you.

ADMIN NOTE:

Move on from the psychopathy discussion please. It is off topic speculation not based on any known fact. None of us even knows who this person is, let alone be in a position to diagnose them.

Thank you.

ADMIN NOTE:

We've been asked as to whether we will allow the leaked image of the girls talking with the individual at the Corner Club before they left for the Grub Truck. Half the true crime sleuthing world has probably seen the leaked image by now, so it is allowed for reasonable discussion.

Just because the girls are talking to one of many individuals in a popular public venue does not make that person a POI or suspect. This person could be totally innocent and, as they have not been officially named POI or suspect, we won't allow him to be publicly sleuthed or dragged through the mud with direct or indirect accusations. Members can sleuth away all they like behind the scenes, in private or in group conversation with other members, but NO public sleuthing of that person, attempts to publicly name or identify name him or post any personal or identifying information.

Post respectfully and responsibly. Any questions, jump off any post to Report and ask your question.

Thanks !!

MOD NOTE:

WHOA WHOA WHOA! Very exciting news, but hold up, y'all! Make sure your sources are correct before you start naming/doxxing people. MSM and LE sources only, as always!

Just because somebody got arrested in the right place at the wrong time doesn't mean they are THE ONE. PLEASE don't name names until we know we have the right person.

Thanks!

Knitty.

MOD NOTE:

From the social media rules (linked below):

ALLOWED SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as officially named by LE)
  • Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Paraphrasing is okay, but direct quotes, copying/pasting, screenshots from these pages is not allowed.
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by Friends on these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
The suspect's REDDIT account (and ONLY the suspect's Reddit account) is approved. Just don't screenshot, or copy and paste.

ETA: The account was suspended shortly after this was posted. We have no way of knowing why this happened, and no way to know whether it will be reinstated at some point. Because the source is no longer available, discussion of the contents is not allowed.

ADMIN NOTE:

STOP with the discussion of various mental health disorders.

The ONLY thing we are aware of at this time is that his family members made reference to OCD. Beyond that we know nothing about this man's mental health or any diagnosis, so it is all speculation not based on any known fact.

I think the profilers and internet speculators are missing the mark here on this guy. I think there’s something that separates him from your usual suspects that will make this a relatively quiet conclusion. Feel free to skip down to my TLDR for my quick summary take.

Like other killers BK likely put time into physical preparation and planning. Enhanced by all that he knew about the criminal justice system. Likely surveilling and watching. Noticing surroundings, lighting. Shaving body. Carefully selecting clothing. Having disposal means and location of clothing and weapon. Wrapped his feet etc. Knowing that the use of a knife would point to someone in the inner circle. Likely left red herrings behind.

But BK recognized something else that most other killers don’t recognize. The importance of mental preparation and conditioning. And I think it’s likely he thought this would give him an advantage.

He recognized that as soon as he walked through that sliding door he would lose control. And that no matter how much work he did to prepare…there was no way he could anticipate what would happen in that house. So he did his homework and prepared mentally. He recognized that killers make mistakes in the moment because of unanticipated feelings, thoughts, reactions to unanticipated victim behavior…and he tried to account for all of that with the survey. I’m not sure I’ve read about anything like this before with any other killers. This level of mental work. And I bet he thought this would be what would separate him from other killers who were caught.

By all indicators he had been preparing for that moment for years. Laid out what he thought was the perfect plan. A plan informed by his studies, studies that would surely propel him to the highest academic achievement you can receive in his chosen field.

This is a person who seemed to beat addiction by becoming ruthlessly disciplined. Focused all of his energy into his studies (and as a result this crime). There are not many indications that he was operating by instinct like other killers people here keep comparing him to.

All of that just for me to say that he flipped the 50/50 murder coin and failed. He acknowledged and accounted for the unanticipated moments where others didnt. He was a few years from being at the academic pinnacle in his field. and he FAILED.

If this was a Dunning Kruger suffering narcissist who operated most out of instinct and his likely above average (but overestimated on his part) intelligence I’d agree and say …”ya, this guy is going to make a big spectacle at trial on in some grandiose confession” but I don’t think this is that guy.

I think BK is ashamed, confused, embarrassed and likely doesn’t want to relive or face the reality of any of his failed plan. If he doesn’t plead guilty to avoid the death penalty and coming to terms with his failure (and his family and friends learning first hand of it). He’ll sit there in his chair during trial and not utter a word. We’ll likely never hear his side of the story.

______

TLDR; BK invested a lot of time and energy into planning. And they still caught him. He’ll go out ashamed and with a whimper.

@schooling
Hyundai killed all two communication support for that particular infotainment system in January of this year. Stolen vehicle tracking, roadside assistance, the SOS button, collision detections all gone. Essentially the Hyundai (and OnStar) services that received that GPS information are gone.

Which means all GPS information is only bounced (pinged) to the satellite from the navigation unit for position. That data is then immediately used in the car and stored in temporary memory. It's one way. So unless he left their address in his "Recent Addresses" list or used another device (like his phone) LE is not going to be able to recover any GPS information from the car. There is no longer a service or server. And GPS satellites themselves are not capable of storing any information.

Replying from the other thread.
My vehicle doesn't have any locations services.
However, I use my phone everywhere. I even listen to internet radio on my phone when traveling. Of course, I use the maps etc.
I know google uses GPS for location services and I know sometimes GPS from google can be difficult for LE to obtain. However, I'm sure general phone records were also obtained via a warrant.

Pulling over from last thread. And THANKS to the mods and ALL WEBSLEUTHERS for being the best place on the whole world wide web to discuss crime, with such a wide and varying group of people and opinions.

We don't know his motive as of yet though. I think psychopathy and sociopathy are very outdated terms. Fact is, the vast majority of killers or even serial killers are "normal". They behave in the same way as normal people do - have friends, have family, have girlfriends, etc. What is the abnormal part is that something in their life, whether upbringing or something else, has pushed them to the point where they do the unthinkable.

Very few serial killers actually have actual brain abnormalities. The majority of them are just normal and that's the scary part. I see people saying Bryan looks like a killer and such in the photos, but I think those people are connecting what he did to his appearance. The reality is that he looks bang average and there's nothing really that out of the ordinary with him. He just looks like any other guy you'd pass by on your way home. I'd certainly pay him no mind. And nothing so far in his history raises any major flags either, if we're being honest, apart from the drug issue he's had at a very early age. But other than that - he was apparently a decent student, had a normal family (from what we know so far), had friends, was bullied then he bullied. I mean these are all things almost every kids passes through at that age apart from the drug issue..
This is not a post discussing this particular suspect''s mental health. But because this topic keeps getting skirted/coming up tangentially, I believe it's important to try and be on the same page. This is just a general statement.

Neither S nor P are "brain abnormalities" per se. Neither is a "diagnosis."

People who study brains for abnormalities do not often use those terms. Some of us use those terms because they are *not* specific (and have been around in some form for a very long time, and they have equivalents in many other languages, enabling cross-cultural conversations). One can visit scholar.google.com and do a research to see some of this. It's interesting, even if one only reads the abstracts.

One of the more interesting academics working on this problem has a brief article about his stance:

He wants to introduce a new term to either add to existing diagnostic categories or for a new one (this debate has been going on for at least 20 years that I know of).

His term is "depravity."

The older terms were considered outdated when I was studying, but have made a resurgence as people are arguing about how to restructure actual diagnostic categories. We need new terminology for certain clusters of personality disorders. Most of us have probably heard of Cluster B or Dark Triad. I am not going to call people who use those terms "outdated," but they are struggling with certain anomalies in the current diagnostic field.

I don't think that having the appearance of normal or having a fairly normal life is unusual and can be consistent with psychiatric diagnosis. I'm guessing there are things in his childhood and adolescence that led him to start heroin - which is itself in DSM, of course. Heroin is a very interesting choice of drug for a high school student.

IMO.

OTOH, this perp is highly unusual, just like his crime.

I do think we can discuss this person's behavior (and possible mindset) without diagnosing him or using anything other than what's in MSM and without using DSM.

Last edited:
Tried to post this in the last thread but missed the window.

BBM. As a criminology student he was probably well aware of leaving DNA behind, if he did not come prepared. Yet he likely didn't expect to get caught.
I'm not sure about that last bit just yet... I feel like we have more twists and turns ahead as details of this case are made public. Too early to say what BK's end game was because LE hasn't shared so much of what they undoubtedly know about him, the killings themselves, and his activities after the killings. Probable that, at a minimum, he wanted a more drawn-out cat-and-mouse game with LE. However, he may have known that there was a very real risk of his being identified and captured and was still willing to commit these particular murders to reap whatever unique psychological reward he gained from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann