ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are so many obsessed with debating this guys intelligence? Most people following this case didn't even know he existed until 2 days ago. No one can say one way or the other. And honestly, it's not something that should even be contemplated without actually knowing the guy personally and frankly not important whatsoever. Either way he got himself caught and his intelligence is irrelevant now.
Ah, but his defense is yet to come?

It could be a mumbo jumbo humdinger if his fellow students are right about him using the most convoluted route possible to explain things, indicating a desire to be seen as smarter than others (most just looked right thru his wordiness, it seems).

MOO

@javi
....you will see the white refrigerator with door handle (this will give you the correct perspective) ....You will notice that the liquid substance is dripping down on the lower cabinet door, however the counter top above does not have the leading trails as if it were blood splatter.
javi wrote: That would be totally out of perspective with everything else in the picture. The table is setting on the floor. The wood cabinets on the right are tall cabinets--floor to almost the ceiling. I have included the photo with the police officer standing in the kitchen to show that. Zillow photos of the house also show them. They are against the wall of what is the other bedroom on the 2nd floor.

And the refrigerator would not be visible at all from the angle the photo is taken through the window. It would be to the left of what is visible.

Javi, with all due respect, you are mistaken. Below are two zoomed in screenshots from the image & Link you provided in your post to help you gain perspective to what is my opinion above. Original link from your post: Eerie photos reveal inside the Idaho quadruple murder house

ETA the cabinets along the right wall in your post are actually drawers in the lower cabinets. Have you ever seen drawers in upper cabinets to ceiling?

Capture.PNG

So now we know more about the survey that BK posted on social media. It was going to be his senior capstone project, but he ran out of time to get the survey results and have it completed, so no responses of the survey were used for his senior capstone project at DeSales University, instead his capstone project was adjusted to be completed without the survey results.

This professor interviewed says she helped him with the survey project, and that although it appears problematic to the public, it follows a model used in criminology.

Interesting.
It’s so odd to me that she agreed to an interview, wouldn’t she be well aware that she could be called as a witness—unless maybe this is her way of insuring she won’t be.

This is the same attorney that BK used. By taking BK's parents on as clients, he has made himself a witness.

Oops hit enter and didn't finish my thought.

What this means is that anything BK told LaBar is discoverable by the prosecution.
Please explain again. I don’t understand why taking the parents as clients too means that his attorney/ client confidentiality changes. ?

Sounds like he didn't finish his graduate thesis, and they gave him a pass so he could graduate on time. Seems like issues arose during data collection, perhaps due to a poorly written survey?

JMO, but the school taking the fallout from this won't be IU or even WSU, but the private university. They should learn the phrase 'no comment' and use it, often. MOO

'Her research and teaching interests broadly focus on quantitative analyses surrounding criminological perspectives and predicting behavioral outcomes.'

she was the ' principal investigator' for the survey

It was supposed to be a master's thesis, not a senior capstone, no? Either way, I'm not too impressed by a place where a student can obtain their master's degree by submitting their thesis "as a narrative" and without the data that the thesis was supposed to have been premised on. "Ran out of time" for a master's thesis is not the hallmark of a "professional" or "brilliant" student, and it's pretty shocking they passed him on it. And even the survey itself didn't seem to be very rigorous or focused, nevermind it was posted less than a month before the intended graduation date.

Her reviews as a professor are positive - rated "supper [sic] nice" and not a difficult course/prof. Both reviews I saw said she/her classes are set up for students to do well.
This!! It sure doesn't sound like a very rigorous program, more like one that's set up to take money instead of focusing on producing quality graduates. How on earth does one obtain a master's without completing research on their thesis? I've never heard of this happening before. No wonder she's 33 and been teaching there for eight years and thinks this guy is brilliant.

Two separate thoughts/questions:

1. I wonder if he was watching the grub truck live stream the night of the murders? Are there digital records of who was watching? Could that have any link back to BK? Saw them on the video and decided this was his opportunity? So creepy to consider.

2. Does anyone recall when LE stated that the number of FBI had increased to 60? I looked through the MPD press releases but the last time I see the number stated was 12/16 when it was 46+2. I imagine the # increased when they started tracking him in other states…hence adding additional local FBI? MOO.

Every background check I've ever had required fingerprinting. I wonder how a criminal background check can be complete without it?

Interesting,
National background checks may require fingerprinting, so crossing state lines is different?
All of the universities where I’ve been employed are in my home state.

JMO

Yah .. I'm thinking he thinks he's smarter than LE (Ted Bundy type) - AND you have to remember, his lawyer is gonna talk tough. This is a big payday for his lawyer.
His lawyer in PA is a public defender for extradition purposes only, so can you please expand on your “big payday” comment?

Apologies is this has already been asked & answered — I can’t keep up!

TIA

Oh boy, I have not seen that the coroner said that. Could you please provide a link? I was counting on them being able to determine the victim order by blood DNA transfer from victim to victim. The last one stabbed would have all the other three's DNA in or near the wounds. It doesn't seem wiping off the knife blade would totally clean off all the DNA. I'm reeling from this info. Please provide a link.
On November 18, 2022, the coroner said they didn't know the order in which the victims were stabbed. That was probably true at the time as it was only four days after the murders. The DNA has now been tested and I feel confident the sequence of events can NOW be determined. JMO

This is all MOO, but it seems to me that stabbings of that nature would probably be messy affairs and that the killer would naturally get some blood on him--from each victim--and probably deposit some of the previous victims' blood on the subsequent victims.

But, the coroner said they could not tell which students were killed in what order. Does that mean they didn't test the blood on the various victims' bodies? Or, does it mean the killer was able to stab them all without spreading any blood around?

I would think (but, I'm no forensic pathologist) that killing them one after the other like that would result in some blood being passed around.

Am I way off?

All MOO.

I’d want to know exactly what the coroner said, and when she said it. Until I hear that, I’m going to assume that LE could know, from the blood evidence, what order they were killed.

Most on and off campus residences in virtually all university settings are owned by landlords that avoid using cameras generally because of the possibility of being sued in instances where there are boisterous parties/celebrations taking place.
The absence of cameras there doesn't preclude possible red light cameras, toll booth cameras and businesses, especially banks, that have security cameras in the surrounding areas. Many vehicles today also have a variety of cameras that video tape and record all events during a person's drive. Furthermore The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration had mandated that all new cars since 2014 contain the EDR (Event Data Recorder..often referred to as the "black box") and information can be accessed per a court order (Warrant) legally to retrieve information therein. The 2015 Hyundai Elantra together with all trim levels had the Bluetooth capability. Incidentally if BK's car had the Bluetooth on it would be trying to pair with any another Bluetooth.Most technology today has built in connections for the user's convenience including NFC, and UWB.
During the coverage outside BK's apartment the other night, the female reporter stated that the University owned the apartments. She was speculating that LE didn't force the door open because they probably just obtained a master key. So, I'm sure there would be security cameras. Hopefully they were working and provided useful info. This live report was on the Banfield show just after LE left with collected evidence.

There’s so many people who don’t watch the news! When Casey Anthony was acquitted, I mentioned it to a friend. She had no idea who I was talking about. Can you imagine living a life not following news.I kind of respect that. No horrible headlines coming at you all day long.
I think of it like this - I have zero interest in football. At super bowl time, it is all over the news. But I wouldn't be able to even tell you what teams are participating because I don't care enough to pay any attention. Many people are like that with true crime or even news in general. I would never be surprised to hear that someone doesn't know details of a crime in the news. MOO

It’s so odd to me that she agreed to an interview, wouldn’t she be well aware that she could be called as a witness—unless maybe this is her way of insuring she won’t be.
She made such a point about how the data collected would not be able to be found anywhere. As in, “nope, never saw the survey answers. No record exists. Don’t ask me.”
I pored over my data with my advisor. Over and over again. MOO.

There is a legal process that involves warrants. The governors of the two states are the executives that handle extradition or rendition (returing the fugitive). In PA, there is no governor’s hearing required but the governor of Idaho will have to send the required warrants and other paperwork to the governor of PA. The warrants will be reviewed, a hearing will be held, and BK will be on his way to Idaho. Not following the law would mean a suspect may go free.

Here is the flowchart for the extradition/rendition process.
Thank you for this!

Maybe, but this was on the news across the country, and considering their son was at another college only 10 minutes away from where a quadruple murder happened & suspect in the loose, I’d be surprised if they didn’t pay at least a little attention to it.
They live in eastern Pennsyvlania. Their son was in school in the state of Washington. The murders were in Iowa. I don’t know about you, but until last week when BK was arrested, I I had no idea this guy’s university and apartment were so close to the crime scene. And as I’ve said several times, it’s not on local media in Pennsylvania and many people don’t follow true crime or watch cable news. And if they knew, why would they suspect their son, with his brand new master’s degree and an assistanceship in a Ph.D. program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl