ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing my post over from the other thread. I suggest some killers are not overly concerned with being apprehended/arrested:

I have thought about this multiple times and I would like to suggest that "getting caught" is not necessarily even a consideration for many of these killers, this guy included. If he is what I suspect he is...he was all about the act and was willing to take the repercussions if he even considered them at all.

Going back to his "survey"...I note that there was zero reference to concerns about arrest; instead the questions were specific to the mechanics and emotion of committing the crime. The act was his obsession, imo.

Kemper called the police on himself when he finally committed the ultimate act. Bundy thoroughly enjoyed being arrested and being the center of attention... and a self appointed "expert" on serial killers. This is the feel I get from this guy. I wouldn't be surprised if he confesses to other things.

This is pure speculation on my part. I could be wrong. Again.

If it is proven he took all those precautions, it would certainly remove a “crime of passion“ as his defense. That would pretty much lockdown premeditation. According to “Locard’s Principle”, an offender always leaves something at a crime scene, and takes something away. Of course, according to his classmates, he likely thought he was smart enough to avoid that, but Locard says It is always the case.
Oh, I just understood this for the first time - as - LE may find the victim’s dna on HIS clothing, car or in his home or belongings; as well as LE might find his dna on the VICTIM’S home, clothing, bodies etc.
Is this a correct understanding of this principle?

How does this guy compartmentalize what he did and the fear of being caught and focus on his academics? College is hard enough as it is, PhD level even harder, but focusing on completing the semester when you got LE confident that they are going to get you as the killer. It's mindboggling to me how he was able to focus on the task at hand.

How does this guy compartmentalize what he did and the fear of being caught and focus on his academics? College is hard enough as it is, PhD level even harder, but focusing on completing the semester when you got LE confident that they are going to get you as the killer. It's mindboggling to me how he was able to focus at the task at hand.
I'm not entirely sure he did. There are interviews with people in his department and in his classes who said he seemed noticeably distracted by the end of the semester and was in conflict with the professor he was TAing for due to his indifference and poor performance.

It seems like a lot of people were writing it off to typical end-of-the-semester stress, but I don't think he was super chill after the murders or functioning as if nothing had happened. MOO

Yes maybe he had a kind loving family.
Maybe this is just about him.
But now because of him his family’s dynamics are suspect.
If it is proven he did this, HE did this.
Dad flying out and driving back with BK says VOLUMES about dynamics of family. NO WAY my dad would do that if I was capable of driving on my own as a 28 yr old man. 2500 MILES?? Makes ZERO sense. BK must have had a great BS pitch!

Dad flying out and driving back with BK says VOLUMES about dynamics of family. NO WAY my dad would do that if I was capable of driving on my own as a 28 yr old man. 2500 MILES?? Makes ZERO sense. BK must have had a great BS pitch!
His whole response to this thing shows that he's used to manipulating people. I highly doubt he was bullied. I think that was a sob story he told to justify his behavior in school

Regarding his DNA profile obtained from a blood sample at the crime scene; there is no way on God's green earth he can explain its existence in the residence or a co-mingling on the victim's bodies. Trace evidence DNA obtained from hair or skin for example can be explained, he can say he once visited the residence. Blood DNA found at the crime scene is basically irrefutable. IMO

How does this guy compartmentalize what he did and the fear of being caught and focus on his academics? College is hard enough as it is, PhD level even harder, but focusing on completing the semester when you got LE confident that they are going to get you as the killer. It's mindboggling to me how he was able to focus on the task at hand.
Classmates did notice some change. Perhaps he had difficulty sleeping:

One student in WSU's criminal justice graduate program, Ben Roberts, recalled that Kohberger began to regularly arrive late to class after the murders. Other than that, though, Roberts didn't notice much of a change in his fellow classmate.

"He was starting to show up really tired," he told The Seattle Times. "He'd always have a cup of coffee in his hand, and he kind of looked like he was riding the knife edge between worn out and completely exhausted."

True, I offer him no sympathy regarding his background. He apparently was able to function well enough to obtain a Masters Degree and then be accepted to a doctorate program for his PhD!! He has done quite well for himself. Perhaps, IMO, he is just one of those human beings born without conscience, empathy or the ability to love.

Perhaps his own internal deficiencies made him unable to get what he wanted most and that in turn exacerbated his already feelings of emptiness.

At any rate, to this day, it appears he only fed his own fantasies and desires so now may he get his just desserts.
PhD programs have minimum GPA numbers, sometimes 3.2, sometimes 3.7. Depends. Students who start rough and then demonstrate progressive improvement, like the suspect, are good students. Taking a couple of years to work and consider career goals, I don't see that as unusual.

He has been successful in his career regarding mentors and opportunity.

I think his fantasy was to truly feel what it is to be a brutal killer - not a man in the bushes killer - but a sneak into your home with a long knife while you are asleep killer. His fantasy didn't include getting caught, but I think he does have a plan because he thinks he knows more than everyone else.

I wonder if dad slept with one eye open, gun next to his bed and doors locked after picking him up.

Regarding his DNA profile obtained from a blood sample at the crime scene; there is no way on God's green earth he can explain its existence in the residence or a co-mingling on the victim's bodies. Trace evidence DNA obtained from hair or skin for example can be explained, he can say he once visited the residence. Blood DNA found at the crime scene is basically irrefutable. IMO
We don't if his DNA came from a blood sample.

Everyone looking at the mugshot had different opinions of what they saw on his face. To me, I saw a cat-that-ate-the-canary look. As though he's trying not to smile. I feel there may be some plot twist coming!

When I look at his mugshot with that shadow of a smirk, I see him projecting "Game on." MOO.

I have two thoughts when I see his mugshot.

One, he looks like he's thinking "if I only had my knife with me right now, I'd slash these cops, first chance I get."

Two, the fact that THIS GLARING FACE, however much WORSE the look during the very act of murder, was the last thing these four young people ever saw.

IMO

His whole response to this thing shows that he's used to manipulating people. I highly doubt he was bullied. I think that was a sob story he told to justify his behavior in school
The being bullied part didn't come from him, but from his classmate, so I believe it. It was before he drastically changed and became a bully himself.

Why didn’t the dad just save the cost of his flight and fly BK to PA? Makes more sense, unless of course the car was the concern. What exactly did he tell his dad to get this particular scenario carried out?

Bringing my post over from the other thread. I suggest some killers are not overly concerned with being apprehended/arrested:

I have thought about this multiple times and I would like to suggest that "getting caught" is not necessarily even a consideration for many of these killers, this guy included.

RSBM

An additional example that comes to my mind is the murderer of Alesha MacPhail in Scotland. (The case is here on Websleuths). He didn't hide her body at all. He sent a selfie to friends entitled something like 'here's the guy who did it" which his friends thought was just a sick joke. And according to himself he was laughing up his sleeve about the time it took the police to arrest him, which was just a few days I believe. I'm not checking because I don't want to go back and read those threads.

He then displayed his immaturity by wondering to his mother why his life was falling apart so I suppose he wasn't completely unconcerned and/or he hadn't really realised until that moment what getting caught would actually mean for the next couple of decades.

MOO JMO

The being bullied part didn't come from him, but from his classmate, so I believe it. It was before he drastically changed and became a bully himself.
I disagree. I think he's a manipulative person. I think he did things to the girls, things under the wire or when he was alone with them. When they'd retaliate, he claimed he was being bullied. I think he's smart enough to know how to play the victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeNe79