ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has his nose always been like that or when did it change?
His nose appeared straight in the yearbook photo taken when he was still a bit overweight, however, he did take up boxing after that so a broken nose at some point would not be uncommon. He also, alledgedly, picked fights while in high school. I was hoping one of the four victims clocked him and really rang his bell but it appears the broken nose was prior to the murders.

According to this article, he's only been a suspect for the last few days, and he was connected to the crime through genetic genealogy. I guess the car was just further evidence??
I'm not sure if that's what they actually meant to say. I'm basing that on the fact that one sentence earlier in the article says that they used DNA to track him AND his vehicle. It would also seem to fly in the face with them being aware of his drive across the country with Dad, and obtaining his DNA to match with what they obtained at the crime scene.

FWIW, he didn't say he was bullied; a HS classmate said she saw him being bullied and having things thrown at him. Not an excuse to murder four people, but he hasn't spoken yet.
IMOO, I think the ‘bullied’ thing is the wrong word, a lame excuse and possibly a version of blaming the victim. Look, there are mean girls out there. We all have met one. BUT, if a girl is getting seriously creepy vibes from a guy, and is trying to repel him to leave her alone/ lose interest in her… what was she supposed to do? Then it turns out later that there are multiple reports that he treated women (and friends and classmates of both genders) very badly. THEN he is looking very suspicious as a mass murderer… Then was the girls‘ telling him to (probably) “leave me alone, you weirdo!” actually bullying at all- or appropriate self protection?
edited to Add that this is not directed as an argument of what the poster i quoted said; it was just referencing the article posted that discusses the bullying.

Last edited:
I agree. For example, if police falsely said they were looking for a 2011-2013 car, hoping to give him a false sense of security, defense could eventually claim "our client does not have the type of car you said you were looking for, why have you brought him in?" If they then say well we were mistaken, we just thought it was 2011-13, the defense could call into question the quality of the police work. Just as an example, no idea if that happened here.

Now if there's other evidence, that may not matter, but why would the police deliberately set up easy defense objections? It just seems fanciful that police would play the proverbial 3D chess with a suspect. MOO

It is likely PD were juggling a handful of POI for some time
As they gained info to eliminate all of the others he was coming forward as more serious
And then he ran- left Pullman and drove across country- a bit sus? Not in and of itself, but if his leaving followed a particular release of info to the public- Yes.
Why did he wait to leave WA for PA on the 19 or 20 if exams ended Fri 12/16/22 ??
If he planned to drive- why not leave on the 16th?

JMO

Maybe. Maybe he just thinks he'll get away with it.
Perhaps. It seems to me to be a very calculated "public relations" response, almost as though he was accussed of stealing an apple from a garden, and the whole thing was a terrible mistake that could be ironed out in the wash. It sounds to me like an attempt to minimise his (alleged) offending and to control the public narrative. I believe his extradiction lawyer is currently his only outlet / mouthpiece and that another person in a similar predicament, including if the case against him/her was in fact a mistake, perhaps wouldn't pass any public comment whatsoever.

It's going to be a reach for the jury to accept that any DNA found in the immediate area of one of the victims is consensual. Four people ended up stabbed to death.

Unknown DNA found on a kitchen countertop? Sure. But DNA near the victims? I would be shocked if a jury concedes that is consensual.
I know .. and I agree, but you have to think of every possibility. Only the killer knows (or thinks he knows) where his DNA is.

I’ve taught for over 30 years, background checked many times, never once have I been fingerprinted

JMO
It's definitely a requirement in PA. I'm not sure when it began, but I had to supply fingerprints (among other things) to work in an educational setting and even a special needs adults setting.

I'm going to predict, as others here have, that he lost control (by his definition of it) during the fourth murder, resulting in an injury and blood loss, and that's why there are four victims and not six.

He was bleeding and he knew it.

JMO

Wondering about the evidence LE has and why they nabbed him when they did. Was there an eminent sense of urgency -potential flight risk? Or -Was it just time as the evidence of his presence at the scene of the crime so strong that they had to arrest him - ie off the street for public safety? Hope they have his DNA all over these victims, some sort of souvenir found possibly (mo speculation) , DNA in the car, in the drain(s) of his apartment and SO much video data that mapping shows his every move from stalking -to him committing this horrific murder and scurrying away. Cheering on LE and the FBI -Get the right criminal, isolate him from the very thing he Took away from 4 beautiful human beings , A LIFE.
If this was to be the perps grand experiment, , hope it will be an ultimate fail and he fades into nothingness.
No documentaries as the main character, no option to be the murder circus attraction on podcasts. Zero
Thinking of
Xana,Ethan,Maddie and Kaylee and their joy of life that shined so brightly = goodness.

Just thinking out loud and to play the devil's advocate: What if BK had a plan B in mind that if he would be charged he could beat the charges? Everyone appears to agree that to a great degree he enjoyed appearing superior to others around him...his weight loss, his escaping the heroin addiction, his working towards his academic degrees and his being a overly focused vegan. Ted Bundy and Edmund Kemper come to mind as well as the fellow involved in the double knife murders in L.A. Being caught and charged often only served to heighten their arrogance. I think the very fact that he immediately indicated he wished to waive extradition proceedings together with his public defender indicating that his client looks forward to being fully exonerated reveals a sense of confidence in his entering the judicial arena.Given that his chosen field of expertise was criminology what better way to showcase his superiority than in the court. It isn't a slam dunk given that the prosecution needs all 12 jurors in order to win but the defence needs only 1 juror to feel that there is some reasonable doubt.

I’ve taught for over 30 years, background checked many times, never once have I been fingerprinted

JMO

I have ALWAYS been fingerprinted every place I taught for K-12, but not at the college level when I taught there. Including in Texas, but some K-12 older teachers were grandfathered in and didn't have to be fingerprinted. I believe it is more common now for K-12 but I have not heard of it at the college/uni levels yet unless the research requires a secret clearance from the gov. I'd be surprised if it was required for the TAs. Just My Experience

It is likely PD were juggling a handful of POI for some time
As they gained info to eliminate all of the others he was coming forward as more serious
And then he ran- left Pullman and drove across country- a bit sus? Not in and of itself, but if his leaving followed a particular release of info to the public- Yes.
Why did he wait to leave WA for PA on the 19 or 20 if exams ended Fri 12/16/22 ??
If he planned to drive- why not leave on the 16th?

JMO

As a TA, he may have had some undergrad tests or papers still left to grade. JMO

Some interesting stuff here.

Says cell phone data shows he stalked the victims for quite a while prior to the murder.

Post murders wore gloves in grocery stores(to potentially not leave finger prints?) IMO, could also relate to the alleged OCD speculations as well, who knows. But interesting nonetheless.

JMO
If you are in Texas, the requirement seems to vary by the district. Our local district in DFW requires fingerprint for their background check.

I dont know if senior staff who were hired before the requirement are "grand fathered" regarding the need to provide fingerprints or not.

I wonder if dad slept with one eye open, gun next to his bed and doors locked after picking him up.
I just can’t imagine that his dad did not, at least a little, have a small voice in the back of his mind saying “My son was close to this murder geographically and drives a white Hyundai. I wonder if….?”
I’m halfway across the country and I know it entered my mind about every person here I knew with a white Hyundai that had no connection with Idaho.
And the dad knew him. I bet it at least entered the dads mind, even if he dismissed it.

Just thinking out loud and to play the devil's advocate: What if BK had a plan B in mind that if he would be charged he could beat the charges? Everyone appears to agree that to a great degree he enjoyed appearing superior to others around him...his weight loss, his escaping the heroin addiction, his working towards his academic degrees and his being a overly focused vegan. Ted Bundy and Edmund Kemper come to mind as well as the fellow involved in the double knife murders in L.A. Being caught and charged often only served to heighten their arrogance. I think the very fact that he immediately indicated he wished to waive extradition proceedings together with his public defender indicating that his client looks forward to being fully exonerated reveals a sense of confidence in his entering the judicial arena.Given that his chosen field of expertise was criminology what better way to showcase his superiority than in the court. It isn't a slam dunk given that the prosecution needs all 12 jurors in order to win but the defence needs only 1 juror to feel that there is some reasonable doubt.

Also, what do you think the "was anyone else arrested" remark was? Possibly a beginning strategy to sow doubt that there was an accomplice that "really" did the murders, so that BK can walk since then a juror might believe him? That was my thought...JMO, just wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member