ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are 100% correct...the 2011 Hyundai Elantra vs the 2015 Hyundai Elantra are virtually identical in measurements and design. Which makes me wonder why LE chose to specify that they are looking for a 2011 model purposely to give BK a false sense of comfort while they assembled more evidence. LE often has dozens of seasoned investigators inputting their knowledge and techniques together with unlimited resources.
You are not the first to wonder that and I don't mean to pick on your post, but imagine the liability damages if LE deliberately gave out a false ID of the vehicle and then the killer struck again before being apprehended!

The latter victims' survivors would only need one person to testify "Well, I would have called it in, but they said '2011 Elantra' and my neighbor's (i.e., the perp's) car was a 2015." The punitive damages would run in the millions of dollars!

The News Nation reporter mentions this timeline of his education
Bachelors. 2020
Masters degree May 2022

If BCK is 28, he graduated from high school on or about 2012, that is ten years ago.
What did he do at age 18-22 prior to beginning his bachelors??

JMO
Was it reported that he enrolled in a 2 yr. tech program but quit prior to completion.

In medical school, we weren't allowed to work. I think some graduate programs are the same. Do we know what BK's program's rules were? Maybe he wasn't allowed to hold a job and if that's the case, loans may not cover everything.
he worked full time according to that Daily Mail link about his tutor M Bolger. ( No details given on the job)

LE hasn’t even said how the white Hyundai Elantra was involved.

I can’t claim to know if he’s guilty or not, but let’s be honest, we likely only know about 1% of what’s really going on in this case. And the other 99% will be very important IMO.
Yes. We don’t. Yet it’s very rare for LE to make any arrest on such a high profile case…without having some teeth behind it. I believe they have a powerful case, with seemingly infinite details unknown to the public which possibly directly incriminate him. If you count the fact that the person caught on video driving the white Elantra car in the nearby vicinity around the same time that the murders occurred would also have very little alibi for WHY he was WHERE he was, the noose seems to tighten. If indeed it were proven to be him driving behind the wheel on that night in those video clips. Yet, Perhaps someone else borrowed his vehicle or even stole it from his apartment parking space and then returned it before he noticed(?). I hope there are security cameras near to his apartment, which possibly taped him actually coming and going. THAT would be incredibly powerful and interesting, not to mention supportive in this case for sure. They have SOMETHING — and they intend to try him for it. He is behaving exactly as predicted. <modsnip> JMOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Except for their statement that his DNA was found at the murder scene, and he drives a white Hyundai Elantra...
Yes, in a well known party house. And we don't know where the DNA was found. Was it inside the house or outside the house. It could be just on the window, outside. It could be inside the bedroom or in the kitchen. Or under a fingernail. One out of thousands of Hyundai Elantras. And not the year they were looking for.

IMO, BK has weak social skills and is a bit thick headed
I think the social awkwardness -- especially if it manifests in his being unable to read the room or convey empathy -- will work against him at trial if he testifies. Yet I expect he may *want* to testify on his own behalf, especially if he has in mind a novel legal defense.

Last edited:
Except they said they think they have the individual responsible in custody. There is that.

But "think" is the operative word here. I really hope they do have the individual responsible (would hate to think there's a killer still out there sitting back and relishing this), but I keep remembering Richard Jewell.

I wonder about evidence in the car (if found any).

Is it possible that there is transfer of something from the house to the car?

Even the tiniest fibres?

JMO
IMO, there will be evidence from the house and victims, even if the car has been cleaned thoroughly multiple times. Since the car was just removed on Dec. 30th, they may still be processing it. I am not sure how long it takes.

But the law presumes innocence, not individual private citizens. The Justice system presumes innocence. No sane person does the same.
No one has ever accused me of being sane...

While I agree that we have no such requirement on here, or in society at large, I think there is a real benefit to presuming innocence.

We all have a vested interest in seeing that justice is done, and we are all potential victims of the presumption of guilt. While a disturbing number of wrongful convictions have occurred in the courts of law, far more have occurred in the court of public opinion.

Convicting people in the court of public opinion is not justice, just ask Jack D.

But that is literally JMHO
Carry on!

So, I'm curious, do we think the reason BK was wearing gloves on his hands for several weeks after the murders was because he cut himself while committing the massacre, or because he was "smart" and "trying to be careful in not leaving any prints"? Personally, I think it's the former. JMO

i agree...bachelors was the hardest.
I would include that truly elite PhD programs are brutal... but not his schools.
If the students he was grading were complaining in his first semester, he would already be something of a problem in his particular cohort. I used to supervise first-year university TAs and by the end of the first semester, we knew who was unlikely to become a good teacher, often because the TA thought teaching was synonymous with “lecturing” or doing a PowerPoint and had no realistic ideas about how students learn a subject across time.

IMO, I wonder if BK stole something from the house, but was not the killer.
Do you mean stole something and left his DNA at the crime scene, but didn't do it? I'd more likely believe he stole some other man's DNA, and left it at the crime scene. When he asked, "Did you arrest anyone else?" that's what I thought he'd done.

I don't know what, and maybe I'm wrong, but he had something up his sleeve he perceived as a smart plan, and thinks it's going to be enough to make him look questionably uninvolved in the murders. ALL MOO though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels