ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped by me.

I’m so glad someone (and one other poster earlier) has said something about BTK daughter. Let me just say, how absolutely awful what she has gone through, BUT I agree with not understanding the fascination from her and others in linking BK and BTK. I understand the link with the professor and the book,<modsnip>

Any link between BTK and BK seems to me tenuous at best.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is true, wow - what an exceptionally violent man. I didn't realize they paid for info - still if even a little bit is true, yikes! (edited when found out DM pays for info.)
Sounds like he is following guidelines for “How To Survive Jail”. Act Cray-Cray and guards/violent prisoners will leave you alone.

yes I did suspect that but further down that link it says this
'Indiana State Police did not return a request for comment asking if they conducted the stops. However, it would appear they were routine traffic interactions unrelated to the murders and not orchestrated by the police unit trailing the two on their road trip.'

so IDK
Very likely, just routine traffic stops without the officers even aware the car and it's occupants were under FBI surveillance. BK probably had a mental seizure, IMO when they were stopped, I can only imagine.

Could he have been recruiting an accomplice through the research? I have not heard that mentioned and wonder if any people in the research project have spoken about it.
I mentioned this in an earlier thread but they move so fast. I could see where his "research" was looking for someone with similar interests to him.

Very likely, just routine traffic stops without the officers even aware the car and it's occupants were under FBI surveillance. BK probably had a mental seizure, IMO when they were stopped, I can only imagine.
Now that is some body cam footage I'd like to see. BK's face. Whites of his eyes.

Also imagine what the FBI/LEOs were thinking, if they were literally tailing the Elantra and then Indiana Traffic Police stop the car twice. Eek!

Oddly, just Restaurants in Moscow Id gets me Mad Greek as top in Google. I think it has just been queried so much it now pops to the top. Google changes the top search selection based on various metrics including searches, per what Google tells the company I work for.

You might try Duck Duck Go and see if it's the same. It's not for me, but might be for you. Lodgepole comes up first for me there.
Brave does not, #15

Now that is some body cam footage I'd like to see. BK's face. Whites of his eyes.

Also imagine what the FBI/LEOs were thinking, if they were literally tailing the Elantra and then Indiana Traffic Police stop the car twice. Eek!
Yep! Lots of radio chatter going on with this stop. IMO

Imagine the conversations at the PD when the officer ends shift and everyone is saying WTF??

I don't know how to rank the "hardness" of a drug (fentanyl is worse than heroin, IMO). A Harvard professor admitted 7 professionals into a study, in which he oversaw their heroin use. While meth or cocaine (which was still prescribable when I was in grad school) are often preferred by academics, heroin is the drug of choice of others. IME, people who are doctors, lawyers, psychologists (etc) are not immune from drug addiction, but it's often a stimulant. However, I personally know someone who used heroin during his undergrad years, got clean, eventually return to school, was about to get a master's when he started using again (and died of an overdose, after a personal tragedy sent him spiraling - we who know him believe he miscalculated his dose, after so many years of being clean).

I have a very good friend (an MD) who runs an evening methadone clinic about 5 miles from my house. These former heroin addicts come from all walks of life, including the professions. I also know people who never used heroin who are on methadone for its pain relief and anti-depressant qualities. There's a big body of literature on this. Naturally, these are medically supervised uses. In nations who decide to take that approach to heroin, IMO, things go better and addicts are less likely to commit crime.

Of course, the crime they usually commit (as mentioned already) is armed robbery or some other kind of theft.

All walks of life is so true. I have a friend who works for a government funded program in Florida, for addicted medical professionals servicing the entire state. She has shared the numbers with me.... and I was dumbfounded.

re: BK's Survey... hate to be that person, but if not for the circumstances I think (in covid times) it makes for a pretty "normal" research method for one working towards a master's in criminal justice / criminology. It is creepy, and the questions are ominous given the circumstances, but creepy/unhinged/ominous IS the nature of violent crime. It was through the school, and from what I remember of the preamble, was monitored/reviewed by a professor and I believe another student.

That would be dumb considering Idaho has no insanity defense. I think maybe there’s some exaggeration here, but I also don’t doubt he is behaving badly. Yikes.

He might have no idea that Idaho has no insanity defense? It’s not a common situation with the states, I believe, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he hadn’t thought through what he’d do if he were caught. No Google in jail!

(On a regular basis I see people assuming that whatever the law is in their home state, is true everywhere.) Not sure what PA has.

Has anyone noticed that the photo 3/36 of the back of of BK’s family home is strikingly similar to that of the home on 1122 King Rd?? I found that an Eerie coincidence, along with the fact that there is also a town called Moscow close to that PA home as well.

With the internet on domestic flights, I wouldn't be surprised if we see tweet pics of him on the plane.

They have special transport for inmates. They don't sit shackled inmates in with regular travelers. Too risky and dangerous.

Air Travel

The US Marshals Service [] operates the biggest prison transport network [] in the world, called JPATS (Justice Prisoner and Alien Transportation System), headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. JPATS has its own fleet of 10 planes, ranging from a six-person Beechcraft 99 to an MD-80 that can carry about 140 inmates [] . (Yes, it's nicknamed Con Air.)

Remand of Custody
When custody changes hands, prisoners get a pat-down [] . For airport transfers, a shotgun-toting [] tactical team from the Bureau of Prisons is on hand. Someone is also there to oversee the paperwork []. (This includes medical records: If a prisoner doesn't have their proper meds, they don't get to board.)

Security in the Sky
The flight [] our photographer was on had as many as 15 guards. They spell each other every 15 minutes, eyeing prisoners from the front, middle, and back of the plane. Firearms are generally a very bad idea in pressurized cabins; that's probably why our photographer never saw guards in the air armed with anything other than Tasers [].

Seating Arrangements
Inmates travel in cuffs, shackles, and a belly chain. More dangerous customers are fitted with a "black box []" , a plastic casing over the chain linking the handcuffs, to further hamper movement. Lavatory visits require the company of a guard [] , and the door remains open at all times. (Mental note: Never complain again about the indignities of flying coach.)

In-Flight Menu
There's no in-flight movie, and no one is allowed magazines or books of sudoku puzzles. Meals [] are decidedly no-frills affairs. Sample menu: corn chips, turkey bologna and cheese sandwich, cookie, and water. Tray tables have been removed from the seats to preclude enterprising inmates from weaponizing them.

Re-remand of Custody
Prisoners can be marked to denote destinations. (In this case, an X on the hand [] may mean that he is to be transferred to a particular jail.) Nick Cage notwithstanding, the JPATS says it has never had an escape, and that airborne violence is rare. (All in all, better than your typical flight out of LaGuardia.)

Last edited:
Speculation on my part:

First I apologize if this has.been discussed. I’m several pages behind the active posts/ page.

I’m reading discussions about the JBOX meal, thinking about DNA, X and E’s timeline, discussions about car with possible DNA inside. Thinking about these pieces lead into this speculation:

Is it possible that BK was driver for food delivery or in some way got X and E into his car to deliver them with the food? Or any combination of the above. Deliver food; deliver food with one victim or both victims. Then possibly waiting around to get into the home later?

He could possibly try to use that as a reason for their DNA in his car, or on the food bag or being near their home.

ALL SPECULATION AND OPINION ON MY PART. Just typing out loud as ‘food for thought’

No need to disagree. Scroll by if needed.
Some like me wonder the same, or if the trio of girls were in Pullman and encountered BK at JBOX while eating there since X seemed to like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong