ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much everyone here from academia (I'm retired from academia) agrees that BK's "survey" was not grad school acceptable, and it was issued between earning his Master's and appears unrelated to the PhD program. IMO the survey speaks directly to his motive and offers him the opportunities to 1) commit the perfect crime 2) anonymously respond to his survey as the killer... imagine the attention he would get when the survey revealed facts only the guilty party would know 3) use his own crime as the subject of his dissertation 4) walk straight out of WSU into an FBI office with an already established reputation 5) assuage the obsession with committing this particular "perfect" crime (with a knife, in the night, high risk in a house full of people, punish the victims who are beautiful unobtainable women) 6) execute whatever other freak elements were in his fantasy. I think his intent may have been to kill DM and BF (if he was stalking them) but something went wrong, perhaps someone upstairs screamed or their bedroom doors were locked, so he fled out the north door leaving it open. Or maybe he left it open on purpose to distract investigators from how he really gained entrance except the crime scene was seriously corrupted by "friends" before police arrived, something he failed to anticipate. If they have him dead to rights he'll barter information for his life. I also wonder how many lesser crimes he may have committed to further fill up his survey responses. IMO there are very few coincidences in (what I believe to be) the OCD mind.
EDIT: Not to mention this sets up the ticket for him to interject himself into the investigation without drawing negative attention as mass murderers like to do, or so he thinks. Again, IMO.

Last edited:
He might have no idea that Idaho has no insanity defense? It’s not a common situation with the states, I believe, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he hadn’t thought through what he’d do if he were caught. No Google in jail!

(On a regular basis I see people assuming that whatever the law is in their home state, is true everywhere.) Not sure what PA has.
Very true!

I will read and believe a lot of absolute garbage but I do not believe Mr. PhD is going around threatening guards that he will commit the same crimes against them as he's currently charged with when he disputes those charges. They are admissible admissions. :rolleyes:
Yep, I was born at night, but I wasn't born last night. That story is whack even for the DM, and that is saying something. JMO

Honest question:

I have absolutely ZERO experience or knowledge of jail systems ( I do they are different then prisons). But when someone is in jail do they have access to television etc?

I only ask because I’m wondering if he is watching the news and basking in the glory of being center of discussions and how great he perceives himself.

Honest question:

I have absolutely ZERO experience or knowledge of jail systems ( I do they are different then prisons). But when someone is in jail do they have access to television etc?

I only ask because I’m wondering if he is watching the news and basking in the glory of being center of discussions and how great he perceives himself.
Very doubtful he is watching anything but the wall.

Moscow Police, ID State Police, and the FBI got a lot of criticism but have done a fabulous job. I bet they spent no time with their own families during the holiday because of working this case. Admire the dedication and praising LE for the work they did and will continue to do going forward.

Moreover, IMO, the press conference provided clear explanation and gave the public as much as they possibly could and layperson could understand. Affidavit is always sealed until initial appearance, when charges will be read to BK.
MOO

I agree, and kudos to all LE involved for coming together and selflessly pouring their heart and soul into this investigation over the holidays. Although it seems like an eternity to the families, I’m actually quite surprised to see an arrest this “soon”, especially with the number of public tips and evidence from 4 murders to sort through. I bet there was some loud rejoicing when the DNA results came in!!!

Released inmate states, “She could see his upper body clearly through the glass, although BK’s lower body was hidden from her”.

Later in the video portion of the article the reporter asks if the female inmate saw BK exposing his genitalia and she responded, “YES”! Hmm,,, this sounds awful fishy and at the very least is pretty contradicting. Not sure I’m buying it?
Hmmmm. X-Ray vision perhaps but I have a hard time believing her statement.
moo

Now that is some body cam footage I'd like to see. BK's face. Whites of his eyes.

Also imagine what the FBI/LEOs were thinking, if they were literally tailing the Elantra and then Indiana Traffic Police stop the car twice. Eek!

If the first stop was for tailgating the followers may have called ahead and asked for them to be pulled over so they could slow them down so it wasn’t obvious they were being followed.

I did courier work and if you pay attention while driving you see these things. I drove 1100 miles straight though to Winchester Indiana from Baltimore and back to deliver a package.

Jmo

Yes, and in addition to that & the 1st floor having a separate entrance that is not viewable from the back of the house (if that is where he may have watched the house from, where there is an uphill parking area & woods which is a somewhat concealed vantagepoint in an otherwise populated neighborhood), the 2 people living on the 1st floor were younger and "lower classmen" (Freshman IIRC), and so did not have the same longevity or closeness of friendships as the older students living upstairs who were "upper classmen", so they may not have really been part of the same group of the 4 of them that were targeted. JMO

So if X, M & K were not only close enough to eachother to choose to live together in the same house, 2 of them also worked together (X & M), and 1 of their bf's (X's bf E) was a member of a nearby fraternity, and all 3 women were in sororities, 2 of them together in the same sorority (X&M), they seem like they were a tight "gang of 4" who had a lot in common and spent alot of time together. IIRC, the 1st floor housemates were new to the sororities they joined in the Fall of 2022 and were "little sisters" of X, M & K, so didn't necessarily travel in the same circles as the 4 of them on a regular basis. JMO

So if the killer stalked and/or was focused on the 4 of them who spent a lot of time together and were very close, it would be another reason why he didn't care about going after the 2 living on the 1st floor and they were "spared". JMO
Good synopsis.

Hmmmm. X-Ray vision perhaps but I have a hard time believing her statement.
moo
Same. Why would a female inmate be around a male inmate to that extent anyway? Also what little we know of this guy, none of that seems to “fit,” besides the other person this morning supposedly saying he hasn’t said a word in the jail.

They really have to stop interviewing every single person they can find.

Interesting article re: Idaho's death penalty

Idaho inmate Pizzuto’s execution canceled, state doesn’t have lethal injection chemicals

The state of Idaho no longer plans to execute Gerald Pizzuto Jr. on Dec. 15 after being unable to obtain the necessary chemicals for his scheduled lethal injection killing.

The Idaho Attorney General’s Office filed a notice with the court Wednesday, just 15 days out from the execution date, stating it will allow the death warrant to expire.

“While our efforts to secure chemicals remain ongoing, I have no reason to believe our status will change prior to the scheduled execution on December 15, 2022,” wrote IDOC director Josh Tewalt in a memorandum. “In my professional judgement (sic), I believe it is in the best interest of justice to allow the death warrant to expire and stand down our execution preparation. While the warrant remains active, Mr. Pizzuto will be housed in a manner consistent with Idaho Code.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Lethal injection is the only form of legal execution in Idaho. Pizzuto’s execution had been scheduled for Dec. 15 after an Idaho County judge signed his death warrant.

The public defender in Monroe County, PA says Bryan Kohberger is “eager to be exonerated of these charges and looks forward to resolving these matters as promptly as possible.” Says Kohberger intends to waive his extradition hearing to expedite his transport to Idaho.

Some of Bryan Kohberger's college classmates say they have been told to only talk to police about their interactions with him because they could potentially be called as character witnesses in the case.

World renowned forensic psychology professor and serial killer expert Dr. Katherine Ramsland reportedly taught Bryan Kohberger at DeSales University in Pennsylvania. She told me she can’t make media statements about him at this time.

The public defender representing Bryan Kohberger told me Bryan’s dad went out to Idaho and drove back with him to Pennsylvania in the white Hyunda Elantra in mid December.

Moscow, Idaho Police say they still need tips and information about Bryan Kohberger. Anything that could be important about him or his actions. Tip line: 208-883-7180 Email: tipline@ci.moscow.id.us

Kaylee Goncalves' dad Steven says they are looking for connections between Bryan Kohberger and any of the victims. Full story here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RJFOT_tUffA

Yes... someone, i believe here on WS, raised the question on heroin vs. meth... Meth would have more to do with weight loss, and strength to commit crime.

?? I really know nothing about the varying effects of either.
Does this make sense to others.. even though it is still only speculation for any of us.

moo

Meth definitely makes people violent and less likely to care about consequences. I’ve seen the effects first hand the change in someone when they cross that line when high on that drug. Terrifying. So many news stories these days of violence involve someone high on meth.

I’ve been wondering the same thing. Heroin seems a bit extreme IMO. I have to say, I don’t know much at all about users, but I would suspect they wouldn’t ‘hold it together’ as much as BK appeared to. And because I know I will get comments on that, what I mean is, would he be able to hold down a job and study if using heroin? Even if the suggestions are past use, that’s a pretty impressive turnaround for someone addicted to arguably the hardest drug of all. MOO, could be wrong.

Edited to say thanks @10ofRods for your further comment on this. I was unaware of the reporting on it. Though I must say, if I was the family of BK, heroin use would be the last thing I would be bothered about denying. I’d be so devastated and horrified by the accusations I would *advertiser censored* my mouth unless I was shopping emotional support and sympathy for the victims.
In response to the many comments about heroin use and a persons ability to hold it together, during my time working in a couple of different countries in Europe in a legal context, I frequently observed high functioning users who would take heroin during the working day. My dear uncle passed away from a heroin overdose as he was depressed and could not himself hold it together, and it was all a house of cards.

I suppose I am trying to say I have seen all shades, and certainly some people can and do function very competently at a high cognitive level in high pressurised environments - scarily and outrageously so as you watch them carry on - on heroin.

MOO - not a recommendation.

The public defender in Monroe County, PA says Bryan Kohberger is “eager to be exonerated of these charges and looks forward to resolving these matters as promptly as possible.” Says Kohberger intends to waive his extradition hearing to expedite his transport to Idaho.

Some of Bryan Kohberger's college classmates say they have been told to only talk to police about their interactions with him because they could potentially be called as character witnesses in the case.

World renowned forensic psychology professor and serial killer expert Dr. Katherine Ramsland reportedly taught Bryan Kohberger at DeSales University in Pennsylvania. She told me she can’t make media statements about him at this time.

The public defender representing Bryan Kohberger told me Bryan’s dad went out to Idaho and drove back with him to Pennsylvania in the white Hyunda Elantra in mid December.

Moscow, Idaho Police say they still need tips and information about Bryan Kohberger. Anything that could be important about him or his actions. Tip line: 208-883-7180 Email: tipline@ci.moscow.id.us

Kaylee Goncalves' dad Steven says they are looking for connections between Bryan Kohberger and any of the victims. Full story here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RJFOT_tUffA

BBM

Last edited:
Same. Why would a female inmate be around a male inmate to that extent anyway? Also what little we know of this guy, none of that seems to “fit,” besides the other person this morning supposedly saying he hasn’t said a word in the jail.

They really have to stop interviewing every single person they can find.
I do wonder about jails—are men and women sometimes housed in nearby cells? Not prison, of course, but jail. Maybe?
Also DM pays for info so I’m sure there’s an element here of wanting to deliver the juiciest stuff (and exaggerating), but I have no problem believing that there’s at least some truth to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get