ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 47

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s actually a good question about Codis. I’d like to know myself tbh. I do remember being swabbed a long time ago before I even knew what dna was so I assume there is some type of database that’s accessible and searchable. We didn’t have a choice or were allowed to ask questions about it so I just kept my mouth shut and only opened it to let them swab me, lol.
From previous thread.
Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 39'
ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 39

If I remember this correctly, military members who are convicted of certain crimes by military courts are entered as they would be by civilian courts. That info should be verifiable, whether I’m right or wrong, at the aforementioned link. I stay consistently way behind of these threads & would like to try to get current, thus not searching further.

What is it please? EasyPass, I mean?
It's the turnpike (toll road). Instead of having to stop to pay the attendant, if you have the Easy Pass apparatus on your car, you just zip through, while the transponders (or whatever they're called) make note of when you went through, and the cost. You pay for it through an online account that you deposit $$ into.

These threads are moving so fast! Has anyone posted about the traffic violation that BCK got for not wearing his seatbelt in Latah County in late August 2022? This means LE had the color, make/model of his vehicle + license plate number the entire time.

1672770197498.png

RECORDS SEARCH FOR LATAH COUNTY IS FROM THIS SITE: iCourt | iCourt

That sounds plausible (most theories are, one is that he's a vegan and won't touch meat infected stuff), but I was looking for the link because it was stated by one that a class mate has told, that BK didn't shave to cover scratches.
This is the quote and no scratches were mentioned,
Stinchfield described his behavior after the murders as "pre-occupied" and said he appeared less "well-kept" and had grown out his facial hair.

"The previous mental preoccupation that we had been noticing, where it was like he didn't really want to be there, that was at an all-time high," Stinchfield said. "He just didn't look like he was doing great."

New here so hopefully I do this right!

Curious if anyone here is familiar with what to expect in terms of when
BK's legal team will be appointed once he's back in Idaho? I believe I saw earlier in one of these threads that if this is capital case, BK would be appointed two lawyers, but is anyone familiar with the timeline here?

Very sorry if this has been asked and answered! Doing my best to keep up with the thread.

If you scroll back to the beginning, this has a lot of good info on it - legal issues, details about the case, etc. - its not the hearing, its a Q&A with two law enforcement agents discussing what is known so far in the case.

Last edited:
BBMFF

Ut oh, if this is true, I hope this does not become a problem during trial. Anyone in the legal field care to chirp in here?
Story is 2 years old and unrelated to this case.

Consumer genomics company Ancestry has confirmed it fought two U.S. law enforcement requests to access its DNA database in the past six months, but that neither request resulted in turning over customer or DNA data.

The Utah-based company disclosed the two requests in its latest transparency report covering the latter half of 2020. The report said Ancestry “challenged both of these requests, which were withdrawn,” and that the company “provided no data” at the time of the report, published Tuesday.

Ancestry did not say which agencies or police departments requested the DNA data or for what reason the company challenged the request. Ancestry spokesperson Gina Spatafore confirmed the search warrants were to obtain DNA data but declined to comment beyond what was in the report.

I’m sure they had his vehicle fully covered (GPS Tracker), and knew he would attempt to maintain an air of “normalcy” (as he did) during the road trip. Local LE and the Feds do this often, when pursuing such alleged felons for capture, arrest, and conviction purposes. Oh, and little need for plane when drones silently, efficiently, and at a fraction of the cost/trouble can do the work of an entire fleet of aircraft. JMOO
That’s why I never understood how Letecia Stauch was able to relocate and dump poor Gannon. Surveillance failure.

New here so hopefully I do this right!

Curious if anyone here is familiar with what to expect in terms of when
BK's legal team will be appointed once he's back in Idaho? I believe I saw earlier in one of these threads that if this is capital case, BK would be appointed two lawyers, but is anyone familiar with the timeline here?

Very sorry if this has been asked and answered! Doing my best to keep up with the thread.
Hi and welcome.
Not 100% sure, there was a discussion about it in the last thread.
I don't remember the details specifically.
I don't believe the appointment has been made yet.

Not true. Some states obtain DNA when they arrest individuals for certain crimes, e.g., felonies.

It's often part of the arrest warrant. An arrest warrant (which is what was issued to lead to the arrest of BCK if anyone is brand new to the US legal system) allows LE to take custody of a person's entire body (their person) and put that body in a cell, or in restraints, etc. It typically is written to allow biological evidence to be collected and analyzed as well (clothing they were wearing, etc., but also biological products of their body, such as spit on a cup of water).

Courts have ruled that such warrants are legal. It's probably not okay if a person is just a traffic stop, however, different states have different bars for probable cause (and if LE finds probable cause to arrest someone at a traffic stop, then the same rules apply - the person is arrested and LE then determine whether to put them in a cell, take their mug shot, put them in prison garb, analyze their clothing etc.) Most places there is a judge on duty 24/7 to get warrants to examine someone's possessions (car, suitcase, backpack) after an arrest on probable cause.

I have a strong feeling there was plenty of probable cause in this case.

The article is not available to us in Europe, so could you give a couple sentences on what's in it and/or why you find it interesting? Thanks.
It has video embedded within that basically shows Brian Entin (a news reporter) discussing the hows and whys of how the killer entered and exited the house as well as routes.

From the article:

MOSCOW, Idaho (NewsNation) — Is it time to look at the University of Idaho murder mystery from a different angle?

Up until now, the prevailing theory has been that the killer approached the front of the house.

NewsNation senior national correspondent Brian Entin tests the theory that the killer entered and escaped from the crime scene through the back of the house.

NewsNation’s Ashleigh Banfield also looks at Google Maps and shows alternative escape routes the killer may have taken.

I think quite late too and after the departure on Dec11.
People have been saying that they knew immediately and had him under full surveillance while in Washington , like for weeks but LE never said that, did they? They only said 4 days in Penn.
It wouldn't have made any sense to let him drive away had they identified him well in advance of the trip, would it?

Possibly the 4 day track in Penn was about the murder weapon in case he planned on hiding it there.

That was a helluva twinkle tho':)

I posted earlier.

BK &dad arrived in Pa Dec 13
Car serviced Dec 16th
Arrested Dec 30th

4 day surveillance started Dec 27th?

The light used in taking a photograph makes a big difference in whether healed or healing bruises or scratches can be seen.

Mug shots are not usually taken by a forensic photographer. They are usually taken under flat white light (and quite a bit of light).

Here's a book on how lighting techniques affect the ability of forensic examiners to see scratches, bruises or other less visible injuries:

P. 226 gives a very interesting example of a healing wound that was virtually invisible. First image is reference (ordinary) lighting. The others are done by a forensic photographer which, I will bet a whole box of donuts, is what they did with BCK, probably or possibly before his mug shot.

And they will likely do the photography again in Idaho. Notice how the technique called "reflective UV" gives good results of wound shape even months later, when to ordinary photography the wound looks healed. Reflective UV is used in anthropological digs and to study marks on old bones as well (as long as some even more sensitive techniques that can only be used on the deceased). At any rate, we have a reflective UV light at my public college's anthro lab (no criminology program; not that many people going into forensics; not all that expensive).

So, my suggestion is to NOT use mug shots as your forensic evidence as a websleuth. Keep in mind that there are forensic investigators with techniques that can reveal convincingly to a jury that the defendant had past wounds.

As for wound healing times, I'll try and put something together soon. I got a good scratch 12 hours ago, and I'm way older than BCK, but I bet my ordinary light photos will not show it in 10 days. Maybe less.
Thanks, @10ofRods!! Super interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member