ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's going to "play dumb", and just stonewall away and repeat he hopes to be exonerated, with a "golly gosh geewhilikers, folks, I don't know what you're talking about, I don't know how my DNA got there, I don't remember a thing about that night", and leave it to his defense team to duke it out with LE and the prosecutors. If a "frameup" does come to mind for his defense, or a case of DNA mixup or whatever that allows him some wiggle room, I'm sure he would probably shrug his shoulders and say, "yeah, it has to be something like that, because... I hope to be exonerated". MOO
A DNA mixup or frameup wouldn’t work well for him as a defense. People who knew him mentioned that he acted like he had OCD. They might try saying that his car was seen by the house because he was obsessed with one of the roommates. They could also say that he had snuck into the house previously to take personal items as part of his obsession which is why his DNA was found there. That would only work depending on how much DNA was found and where it was found.

Can anyone provide info on the reasons that allowed police to enter during the night?

IANAPO but it seems to me to be prudent and most reasonable thing to do.

If police knocked on the door at noon and asked for Bryan, what if he grabbed his mother and held a knife to her throat? Could that end peacefully?

When genetic genealogy comes into play, it’s almost always months, years, or decades later. This was as groundbreaking as it was remarkable. I love the way science, and law enforcement is moving.
Some might find this actually quite worrisome due to privacy issues. The speed makes one wonder if there is a standing warrant or agreement with the genealogy firms or backdoor govt access to the data. This isn't a knock on LE but rather a concern about 1st amendment rights.

I wonder if BK will want a trial by judge or jury. I'm thinking it might be hard to find an impartial jury, especially in that neck of the woods records sealed or not.

Change of Venue. Moving the case to a faraway county or bringing jurors from a faraway county.

Moo..i give the family much grace. I love my child..it is unconditional. Accepting their choices in life is different. Liking them and things they do, can be heart breaking...moo

I don’t see anything suspicious about that—specially if someone is a literal-minded non-nervous type. “They want 2011-13 Elantras. Mine is a 2015. Wouldn’t want to waste their time!”

MOO
I don't think it seems suspicious either, but for a different reason. I don't think he wanted to bring that car to LE's attention even for a second. What if they wanted to check it out?

Curious as to what you would do if you were the mother and he was your son? Would you smile? Would you scowl? Would you stare blankly? Would you hide your face? Any of those could be criticized.

I'm not sure how I would react. I certainly wouldn't want my face splashed on the front pages of tabloids.

I have 2 adult sons, and if they were suddenly arrested for a horrendous crime I'd express grief for the victims' families and I'd stand by my son. By 'stand by' I mean that I would help him deal with the consequences of his actions if he is found guilty. I wouldn't just jump to the guilty part. If they were found guilty (or I believed them to be guilty) I'd tell them to accept the consequences that they deserve for their actions. ...and that I'd be there for them to find out why they committed such a horrendous act. I'd be angry and disappointed and devastated. I'd also be suffering grief at the loss of my family, for what I thought it was. Grief is not a quick process.

In this case his mother needs time to determine for herself that her son is guilty. And she needs time to grieve. Her world ha
We are all humans and universally react to shock, surprise, embarrassment and extreme emotion in mostly the exact same way; some type of covering of the face, typically around the mouth or ears, or clutching our arms around ourselves. It seems to be human nature.

1672800665015.pngWhy do we cover our mouths when startled or shocked?

Regarding all the speculation of the BOLO. A BOLO is a be on the look for. I'm sure there was a BOLO, IMO, issued, just for informational purposes to LE across the country on the suspected path of travel of the suspect. IMO LE in Indiana may have conducted the traffic stop(s) to slow the suspect down and let the surveillance teams coordinate their pass offs and pic- ups, per FBI request, or whomever was coordinating the surveillance. One officer, on a stretch of highway deciding to stop a vehicle, which happens to be one of the most talked about in weeks, without knowing it is the subject of a manhunt is incomprehensible. If that's the case, send that rookie back to the academy, JMO.
Except the vehicle driven by BK didn't technically match the full criteria, as it was a 2015 model rather than a 2011-2013 model. Also, if only 10 members of the PA State Police were in the loop on the arrest, I doubt that the FBI would have been alerting highway patrol/state police in every state BK was traveling through. The officer could have done a lot more if the objective was to slow them down -- he didn't even ask for license/registration.

Some might find this actually quite worrisome due to privacy issues. The speed makes one wonder if there is a standing warrant or agreement with the genealogy firms or backdoor govt access to the data. This isn't a knock on LE but rather a concern about 1st amendment rights.
I think it's luck. Several sources said it was genetic genealogy, but none of those sources have seen the PCA. So it's hearsay. It could still be direct DNA, tips and old fashioned police work. (Like they found him at WSU based on tips, then eventually pursued his DNA in the garbage)

Either way, if he has a parent or sibling on Gedmatch, it makes the work very easy and quick.

If you ever get your answers..please forward.
In PA, Search warrants must be executed between 6AM and 10PM at night. The warrants executed during this time are considered “day time searches”. If police want to search a property outside of this time frame they must provide the judge issuing the warrant with additional justifications for a “night time search”. In these situations police must show not only probable cause for the warrant but also a “reasonable justification” for a nighttime search.

** it has to be very specific in the details when obtaining the search warrant. .. he is accused of murdering 4 people, probable cause to enter that way since he is considered dangerous. They would not just want to knock on the door.

Does anybody know how to do FlightRadar 24 replays? I've seen some on twitter for the days before the arrest, but not by MSM. They show planes circling right above his parent's house for hours.

The one I saw was for Dec 29 UTC
I don't. But it looks like the Bureau of Emergency and Special Operations (the agency who executed the warrant) has a fixed wing aircraft: Aviation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea