ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know how to do FlightRadar 24 replays? I've seen some on twitter for the days before the arrest, but not by MSM. They show planes circling right above his parent's house for hours.

The one I saw was for Dec 29 UTC -6:00.
Here you go. You don’t need an account as long as it’s within the past week. I started at midnight UTC on the 29th; nothing as of about 3:15am.

Last edited:
Does this mean we won't be privy to either the AA or the PC ?
Tia.
Yes, it does. And reporters could be jailed for releasing anything covered by the gag order. They probably wouldn't be, but they could.

The judge who ordered it can lift it in whole or in part at any time but right now it covers everything until conclusion of the trial.

The defendant has not even appeared in court in Idaho yet for arraignment! It's ridiculous in my view.

MOO

What am I missing? It is an order prohibiting counsel from public discussion, not a blanket gag order. Did I miss it?

Not it's not. That's a violation of their rights as private citizens of the United States. Only in the most extreme cases involving either possible death of new victims or treason or something do we lose those rights.

And the rest of us get to talk all we want, as well (which will have way more speculation and weirdness due to the gag order, but that can't be helped).

Above all, I love WS because it is a victim friendly site. Gag orders for victims is the complete opposite of what helps them heal as well as a violation of their rights as humans and Americans. Let them speak.

Let the court officials command the members of the court as they wish - but not the whole world. I'm truly shocked by this pov.
You're right. I shouldn't have said that. And I do support our Constitution without question. I just went back and deleted it so we can maybe avoid a 20 page discussion about it as people run across it. LOL. But maybe the prosecutor can take SG aside and have a quiet little chat.

CeCe Moore very eloquently explained the process of genealogical DNA, building family trees, and tracing it to a particular subject, on Banfield just now. She also explained that the familial DNA could not have been part of the 23andMe or Ancestry databases alone, as they will not release identifying information to LE. It had to be part of GedMatch or MyFamilyTree.

Yep. And opening a door and going in without permission with intent to do a crime is burglary in ID as well, even if no doors or windows are broken. And in this case, there is the reasonable claim by LE that the subject entered the house with the intent to commit a major crime. That's a burglary charge if they want to pursue it.
He did take something; he took the lives of 4 people.

It hasn't been said in MSM, but it's more likely LE didn't want to knock on the door or ring the doorbell in the middle of the night, and purposely chose this time & the element of surprise to take him into custody so he didn't have time to react in a way that could put himself or anyone else at risk. MOO
It’s what SWAT does when they arrest a violent felon in the middle of the night. Sometimes that ends in tragedy, as in the Brionna Taylor case.

this doesn’t change that he’s just a suspect or prove he murdered four people though.

I would prefer the words "criminal defendant," He's no longer a suspect or a POI.

He has been formally charged by the People of Idaho in the murders of four people, all at one time.

"Just a suspect" he's not. He's a criminal defendant. And it looks like he will remain so for months to come, until a verdict is rendered. He's now in the dark shadow and the long arm of the law. He's not merely a suspect.

He has been arrested and will be charged and formally arraigned in the next couple of weeks. He has lost liberty and will not get it back unless and until charges are dropped or he goes through trial or plea bargaining. There's no more serious legal state that an (American) human can be in, legally,

Whether he murdered four people or not will be determined by a jury of his peers or actions by the court. In the meantime, he's a criminal defendant in a very very serious criminal matter. An historic criminal matter, esp. from the POV of younger people.

Sure but there’s a reason we don’t require parents to testify against their children as part of the criminal process. Parents don’t have to believe their children are monsters no matter what the state can prove.

Parents can still love and support their kids even if they are the last people alive to do so. It’s human nature. I don’t know why we’d expect his mom to get on the news to tell us she knows he did it. I think we ought to let them grieve as it doesn’t interfere with the actual legal process and most people need time to mentally accept what’s happening.
Agreed.

""He was definitely kind of a creepy guy," Stinchfield told the paper, adding that Kohberger seemed to grow distracted and was "looking a lot worse" after the November 13 murders.

... [...] ...

Another student who had Kohberger as a teaching assistant told the paper he "didn't really seem like he wanted to be there" as the semester approached its end and that her professor was frustrated by Kohberger's efforts in the class."

Bryan Kohberger Live Updates: Idaho officials hush on Kohberger's return

Sounds like he was unraveling after the murders, and IMO, probably couldn't wait for his dad to come get him and do their preplanned drive back "home for the holidays".

If I were a betting person, I would bet he wasn't planning to go back to WA after the holidays, and this trip back to PA was his escape and way of distancing himself around 2,000 miles from the area where the crimes had been committed, and taking the car being looked for in connection to the murders with him.

I wouldn't be surprised if this has been his modus operandi in the past -- to commit a crime by stealth & then move far away as soon as possible without drawing too much attention to himself. JMOO
This is completely opposite of what another classmate said on News Nation. I take everything with a grain of salt with these individuals who were former friends/classmates/acquaintances. Unfortunately, in larger cases such as this when the whole Nation is watching people want to be a part of it for whatever reason, some to just say "Oh yeah I grew up with him...blah blah blah." some people like to be in that spotlight and embellish their opinion or experience with the individual.

After nearly a lifetime of studying the justice system, IMO the fact that they believed they were serving a warrant to arrest the person who they had probable cause to believe committed four brutal, up-close and personal murders, would likely be enough to make them take precautions for the safety of the officers involved, innocent bystanders, and preservation of any potential evidence, to serve this warrant outside of the standard procedure for everyday warrants.
I totally agree! Anyone questioning it is being absurd. Imo.

But there are solid indications he may have had a long-running substance abuse issue - heroin.

Indications. Yes. Personal history: I've known more than one H user and violence is normally not their mode. It's a depressant. Might they commit "A" violent act to obtain their fix? It's possible, maybe probable if in dire need. Is it more likely that they'd have violence perpetrated upon them due to their seeking a fix? In my experience, yes. If he was a regular Meth user who was on his 14th day without sleep and thought the victims were some sort of distortion of reality, then I could see this type of violence, but not with any forethought or attempt to cover tracks. I see no signs of opiate addiction withdrawal, and he doesn't look sleepy at all (Meth withdrawal is usually just a 24-48 hour hard sleep). JM2 from life around addicts.

I feel that the parents' reaction is so sad, so heartbroken. We're watching them in their most dire moment, a moment that almost no one has ever experienced. And in the first moments of that, with sleepless nights behind them. People saying that they would *plan* to hide in a circumstance like this are not the same as these parents, who never thought they'd be facing this.

Their son is responsible for their pain and shame. It's awful.
I feel the same...I would doubt they have the ability and financial means to be in Idaho for the entirety of the pending trail or even travel back and forth often. Just awful

It would make sense to me that search warrants would be better served during daylight hours and take advantage of sunlight to ensure they don't miss or overlook anything...(like a weapon, perhaps, in a garage, shed, or separate structure). IMO

They didn't go home at 3 am. The first wave of SWAT team (they do NOT do forensic investigation or the actual execution of search warrants, as a rule) left, BK left, etc.

THEN, the warrant process began. Probably at dawn as you suggest (although looking around a place at different times of day can be interesting).

There's no way they did the whole search warrant in the middle of the night. I bet it took 2 hours just to remove BK from the scene, even though he was physically in their control within minutes of breaking down the door. LOTS of procedures, reports, superiors to call, etc.

And, I would submit, that the warrant may still be ongoing - do you have evidence that it's not? IMO, it can take a few days.

where do the occupants go while the FBI is searching?
I imagine that the place could be really torn apart.

When the suspect in the Delphi, Indiana double murders had his home searched, he and his wife stood in the grass or on their driveway near their vehicle for 11 hours!

I hope the parents were taken in by victim advocates or resourceful friends. They may need assistance reorganizing their home. They have daughters who may can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member