ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding all the speculation of the BOLO. A BOLO is a be on the look for. I'm sure there was a BOLO, IMO, issued, just for informational purposes to LE across the country on the suspected path of travel of the suspect. IMO LE in Indiana may have conducted the traffic stop(s) to slow the suspect down and let the surveillance teams coordinate their pass offs and pic- ups, per FBI request, or whomever was coordinating the surveillance. One officer, on a stretch of highway deciding to stop a vehicle, which happens to be one of the most talked about in weeks, without knowing it is the subject of a manhunt is incomprehensible. If that's the case, send that rookie back to the academy, JMO.

Quote Reply
This might happen in a movie, but not in real life. Imo.

I just finishing watching the IN State Police interactions with BK and his father.

Now not to sound like I’m piling on law enforcement, I thought the officers who interacted with BK and his father were total professionals and gentlemen who were totally oblivious of who they had in front of them (the potential danger they put themselves in)

I found it very strange that they didn’t bother asking further questions during the traffic stop considering:

A) The white Hyundai Elantra was the exact make and model of the car that LE was alerted to nationwide/was plastered all over the media.

B) Plates from the area of the country where the killings happened.

C) Traveling interstate West-East (BK’s father even mentioned it in the interaction)

D) BK purportedly had visible wounds on his hands.

Considering BK was stopped twice in the same state on the same trip. Am I wrong to think that the IN police were oblivious?
We don't have enough information to know if they were checking in on them to assess their disposition. And then report it to the team that was following them.

But the cops in Idaho were NOT looking for that car at that time. They were already tracking it and knew exactly where it was, so they had not sent out any BOLOS to other states, at that time.

For one thing, they had not released the tag number, so a BOLO was not even possible.

So I don't find it incomprehensible that an Indiana officer would just send them on their way. There are hundreds of thousands of white Elantras in the US.

IMO JMO
There was a coordinated effort from law enforcement agencies across the country. The traffic stop in Indiana, IMO was just to slow the car down a bit and get other principles in order and set to pick up surveillance along the travel route. All of this is just theory, but if you have units surveilling a suspect you would want to show, you had "eyes on them" at all times.

Having said that, it's hard for me to imagine that significant swelling, scratches, bruises, or other marks would have gone unnoticed by those in class with BK in the weeks after the killings. In a roundtable scenario I suppose he could have placed his hands under the table and out of view. Harder to see how we could hide his hands if he had to stand at any point. (New) physical injuries tend to attract attention quite easily, IMO.
Yeah, I tend to think the victims had no chance to inflict that sort of thing. But, it’s still entirely possible one of the girls scratched him. It always warms my heart when DNA is obtained that way. That being said, I think he cut himself.

bolding mine.
Good point.

I'm curious if he has done any other crimes and if so, what type ?
Stalking ?
Burglary ?
Murder ?
He just wasn't caught before ?
Most likely the same type (combinations of stalking, burglary & murder), and he wasn't caught before, IMO. And he's worked his way up to this quadruple murder that I think he barely pulled off (I think he had to subdue the victims somehow on top of stabbing them in their beds/while sleeping), and thought he was unstoppable {ETA because he had gotten away with other crimes & was emboldened by his track record}. Several links have been posted here since his arrest by other posters to MSM articles about unsolved crimes (middle of the night knife attacks & missing women) that ring true for this "alleged" killer to have "practiced" on before he got to this level of depravity, IMOO

Last edited:
Something is odd, bc they won’t reveal the first body cam . So what happened during that one? That came out before this gag order. I was surprised no one here has said much about it.

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin
·
2h

Bryan Kohberger and his dad were involved in another traffic stop hours before this one — also in Indiana. The Hancock County Sheriff’s Office is not releasing the body cam footage from that stop — because they say it is part of an active criminal investigation in Idaho.
Perhaps there is something of evidentiary value in that footage if, for example, the officer inquired about the vehicle's connection to the Moscow homicides and BK responded. Who knows? Maybe the officer asked follow-up questions about apparent scratches/bruises on BK's hands. It's a long shot, but having just been to my local precinct to make a report and receiving the 3rd degree about why I didn't report earlier, it seems possible to me that the first officer was more "inquisitive" than the second.

What am I missing? It is an order prohibiting counsel from public discussion, not a blanket gag order. Did I miss it?

Not it's not. That's a violation of their rights as private citizens of the United States. Only in the most extreme cases involving either possible death of new victims or treason or something do we lose those rights.

And the rest of us get to talk all we want, as well (which will have way more speculation and weirdness due to the gag order, but that can't be helped).

Above all, I love WS because it is a victim friendly site. Gag orders for victims is the complete opposite of what helps them heal as well as a violation of their rights as humans and Americans. Let them speak.

Let the court officials command the members of the court as they wish - but not the whole world. I'm truly shocked by this pov.
Re: Blanket gag order
Thanks for catching that. Blanket was a bad word choice. I meant the order currently extends through the end of the trial.

Based on another post here, I'm not so sure it's not really a blanket order. See:
Apologies if I am mistaken. IANAL!

1672805391642.png

(Same news article, but MSN.)

While the suspect walked through the courthouse in handcuffs, he wore a heavy black vest under his red-orange jumpsuit, appearing cool-headed and offering no real sign of his emotions as officers guided him to his hearing.

His car is awfully dirty. I used to live in Or. My husband would take our cars to the carwash every month or two in the winter just get the road dirt off. His car doesn't look like its been washed in a while. You know LE is going through it for DNA, fibers etc. It just is unbelievable that he didn't bother cleaning the car. Jmoo

IMO, I get the impression that something was stolen from the residence on King Rd.,I just don’t know what.
Entering a dwelling with the intent to commit a crime/felony is a burglary had he just gone in to get out of the cold it would be criminal trespass, had he eaten a sandwich, burglary. That is generally how it works some state laws may vary a bit.

It is way too soon to assume that. We don’t know what they have been told.
Yes, I agree, the parents aren’t necessarily in denial about BK. Parents know their adult children as whom they present themselves to be. He hasn’t lived at home for years probably. Like most people he
probably presented his most positive self to his parents when home or communicating. He was making the grades and getting the degrees. Everything probably looked as it should on the surface of things.

Thanks, you anticipated my response.

BK will have his day in court, and I've no doubt it will be fair and just.
I only wish the students could have somehow escaped or tackled him to the ground, and thus still be alive and well.
On that terrible night, there was no justice afforded to them at all and it's the four who need justice now !
This is a discussion board and as such we are allowed to discuss the suspect/accused.
Even if convicted, the ruin and devastation BK has brought down on all is forever.
He was a coward. To [allegedly] do this to those who had less of a chance to fight back. In the middle of the night, while they were drunk and sleeping.

Pathetic.

Not the mastermind that he probably thinks he is.

All MOO

Last edited:
What could he have taken that would result in a burglary charge? How does LE know what was taken?
In Idaho, it doesn’t mean something was necessarily taken.

It’s due to entering a place in this case with the intent to commit a felony (in this case, murder people).

“Burglary defined. Every person who enters any house, room, apartment, tenement, store, shop, warehouse, mill, barn, stable, outhouse, or a building, tent, vessel, vehicle, trailer, airplane, or railroad car with intent to commit any theft or any felony is guilty of burglary.

Section 18-1401 – Idaho State Legislature”

https://legislature.idaho.gov › idstat › title18 › sect18-1401

Last edited:
Someone asked pages ago about Flight Radar and a plane circling over BK's parents' house (where he was arrested in the early morning hours of 12/30/22). Looking at the Flight Radar app, here's what I found for around 4am-ish on that date:

I used the address/area info listed here:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230103_225547_Flightradar24.jpg
    Screenshot_20230103_225547_Flightradar24.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 86
View attachment 392236

(Same news article, but MSN.)

While the suspect walked through the courthouse in handcuffs, he wore a heavy black vest under his red-orange jumpsuit, appearing cool-headed and offering no real sign of his emotions as officers guided him to his hearing.
This man looks big. Even with the vest on. I can’t imagine waking up to him standing over me wielding a knife (allegedly). Terrifying!! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah