ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will almost certainly release it at the time of his arraignment (is he having a preliminary hearing? do we know?)

And it will be released online for us, and if he's not on suicide watch, his lawyer will bring him a copy in his cell. At least, that's what we saw for Barry Morphew and Leticia Stauch (and others). I think that's pretty standard. Barry's affidavit was famously over 100 pages long and we all wondered if he ever read it all.

What I'm now confused about is the AA. I'm seeing two documents referred to: PCA and AA. Yesterday, someone posted that AA might remain sealed? Is that right? Will we only see the PCA?
Just checked the hearing schedule, nothing listed yet.

Just out of genuine curiosity… where do you think it is going? And why would they change planes? I’m very interested you seem to know how this works.
Mainly I think the 2 states will split the cost. Also the direction of the plane and its airspeed so low. If it was a direct flight I think it would be an FBI plane This plane is registered to Pennsylvania State Police. I have no idea tho. Just speculation.

According to flight tracker ADS-B Exchange, a Pennsylvania 2015 Pilatus PC-12 plane, registered to the Pennsylvania State Police and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, is currently heading westward from Scranton. Police cannot say where Kohberger will be landing due to security concerns.

As of 9:10 a.m. PST the plane was over Pennsylvania, but as of 9:33 a.m. PST, the plane was passing through Columbus, Ohio.

<modsnip - quoted post was off topic>

I just do not ever understand why these crimes are committed; do not get the suicides either. guess that is a good thing. colossal waste- and sometimes I think of how much time and money and effort needs to be spent on security because some people are destructive and it makes my head spin IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone elaborate on Time of Death? I have been reading and wondering how accurate is a 1-2 hour window. Can it be say 10 minutes earlier? I imagine it does depends on examining the scene and body. Do they take into account the facts surrounding the death, like last seen and phone calls etc. Could the heat system being turned off cause it to be less accurate or do they have adjustments for that to make the accuracy better?

I have done a lot of reading on crime scene analysis, and typically, yes, coroners can use the relevant factors (hot air, cold air, etc.) to adjust the time of death appropriately.

Can anyone elaborate on Time of Death? I have been reading and wondering how accurate is a 1-2 hour window. Can it be say 10 minutes earlier? I imagine it does depends on examining the scene and body. Do they take into account the facts surrounding the death, like last seen and phone calls etc. Could the heat system being turned off cause it to be less accurate or do they have adjustments for that to make the accuracy better?

While methods using temperature and stomach contents are used for initial estimates, forensic pathologists actually look at the contents of various cells. The process of decomp is well studied and has several stages at the cellular level. Pathologists usually use several methods and the goal is that they all point to about the same time.

In this case, I believe at least one of the victims wore an Apple watch (E), so that could also provide a strong clue.

In the below article, the authors try to list the various methods in use in 2022:

They use both blood and cerebro-spinal fluid and also the decay rate of various molecules in the body (that part is a lot like a clock, IMO).

It's a fascinating question and it seems all the various methods range from rough estimate to very accurate, with almost clock-like results. Of course, we don't know what the U of W pathologists did at Spokane, but I am confident that they have access to at least some of these recent and specific methods.

They will probably stop for fuel and maybe lunch. The route they are taking could be affected by the weather. JMO.
Skies look OK

but the PC-12-NG does have a range of around 2,100 miles so they'll likely have to stop for a refuel. unless the plan is to land earlier and do the last leg via ground transport.

Last edited:
I just do not ever understand why these crimes are committed; do not get the suicides either. guess that is a good thing. colossal waste- and sometimes I think of how much time and money and effort needs to be spent on security because some people are destructive and it makes my head spin IMO
Is your curiosity a quest for understanding? Or why are you curious?

OK Sleuths …

If the DA has BK’s bloody fingerprints, his touch DNA or his blood DNA at the crime scene OR a victim’s blood on one of BK’s possessions (car, item in his dumpster, apartment, office, etc.) ….

Will he take a plea to life without parole …

Or will he fight to the bitter end?
If the prosecution has a very strong case and very strong irrefutable evidence that will likely convict the defendant, I do not believe they will offer a plea deal. These murders warrant the death penalty and I believe that is what they will go for. However, they may speak to the families and consider their feelings. MOO

I would jist think he would need to be booked first so the chain of custody of the prisoner was complete. Procedural stuff if ya know what I mean.
I'm sure he is in custody of Idaho LE right now.
Mainly I think the 2 states will split the cost. Also the direction of the plane and its airspeed so low. If it was a direct flight I think it would be an FBI plane This plane is registered to Pennsylvania State Police. I have no idea tho. Just speculation.
Idaho would be responsible for all the costs of transportation. PA might provide the plane, but Idaho would reimburse PA for the cost.

The bodycam as well as this photo actually do make his right hand look irritated. I don’t see cuts but it does seem inflamed, perhaps swollen. reminds me of a steam burn but of course that would make no sense unless it was totally unrelated (I have steam-burned my entire right hand) Moo
View attachment 392356

Not directed at OP but my observation where the images of BK at his hearing are from 51 days after the murders.

Seriously, I don't think it reasonable to attribute every mark or discoloration on his body as injuries sustained when BK allegedly stabbed 4 sleeping students. This makes no sense to me! JMO

Definitely. There may be snow on a more northward track. JMO
Snow is not a problem to fly through at 24,000'. The weather they just came through is much worse, with a higher chance of icing, than anywhere else in the country today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769