ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is allergic to latex, as a criminology student who uses protective gloves frequently, he would have observed allergic reaction to his hands ages ago, and would have avoided using gloves that are unsafe to him and his skin.

I never met anyone who will intentionally have contact with substance which causes them allergy, especially severe which has lasting effect for almost 2 months periods.
Is it possible if this line of thought is real, that he may have perhaps used nitrile gloves instead of latex?

I wouldn’t think he pulled out of school unless he and his dad were loaded down with all his things moving him out of his apartment up there. They did not appear to have that much stuff in that tiny car but possible, I guess.

Judging from what was apparently taken out of his apartment in Pullman, he left nearly all his things in WA. I think he might have been just as panicked and disorganized by that point as Brian Laundrie was when he fled cross country.

Once in his parents' home, I bet BCK collapsed and his hyperactive mindset slowed down. He knew he'd be caught, but if he hadn't been arrested by now, I do wonder if he would have flown or driven back to WA or just abandoned his things there (his computer was there).

I doubt he erased the hard drive, and if he did, surely he'd have to back up a lot of his data, because he was supposed to be a doctoral student. Of course, it's possible he didn't do a whit of work on any potential dissertation plan, given the circumstances.

Fox News just stated that he was found to be around the victims very often with his phone pinging from their location often, and had been stalking the victims.

I believe this to be unsubstantiated and hasn’t been verified by LE at any point?

So much of the reports on this case are not actual facts which leads to a lot of confusion.

I think they had a list of white Elantra owners, probably in the 100s. BK was probably on this list since he had a seat belt fine. A neighbor of his probably phoned in a tip on his car also.

They were probably working through known offenders on this list, people connected to the victims etc. BK wouldn't be on their radar yet.

They had an unidentified DNA profile from the scene but it didn't match with anyone on CODIS . So they used genealogy investigation which probably gave them a shortlist of potential suspects.

Only one of these drove a white Elantra. Also he's living only 10 minutes away.

They probably got DNA from his doorknob or apartment to confirm.
or his rubbish or anything at all.
When did they actually identify him as a suspect though is the big question, prior to DNA confirmation?

Previously it was reported he was enrolled for next quarter at WSU. I guess BKs PhD program there has come to an end.
Since his graduate program semester ended. And he obviously won't be returning. WSU can now move forward in providing a safe campus and help the school mend from the grief and shock of his arrest.

could not reply to a post on thread 48 , but it was basically questioning how sensible it was to drive a car to the vicinity, use same car afterwards (I dont think that would have changed anything though, only made him suspicious to people who knew he drove an elantra) leaving DNA etc

I am starting to think IMO, that this was not as pre planned or academic interest only for perfect crime project or anything - and more suddenly triggered and rather more personal a motivation. We are reading too much into criminology being his career and this having been planned in detail and planned as a mass killing even. if wanting to enter his name in the ranks of Bundy etc, wouldnt he have walked down the creek to them and parked an hour away rather than right behind etc. something is missing in this picture.

What if one had been in rage triggered that day and the rest collateral damage , we dont know. It's awful what happened to them but you are right, this was very poorly planned if at all, and his life is rather lost too to this if he did it. Why.

Maybe he was sleeping in his criminology 101 class and missed the part about "CAMERAS ON EVERY CORNER". Which by the way was what called attention to the make and model of his car. To say this crime was poorly executed is an understatement. Here is a man that is supposedly OCD in addition to highly educated pursuing a PHD in Criminology and he leaves DNA evidence at the crime scene in addition to the way he dealt with his car that the whole country was looking for. I agree that it appears he wasn't trying to pull off the perfect crime. What he was trying to accomplish is a mystery to me but he couldn't have done a better job of setting himself up to be arrested and prosecuted.

I agree. Basically proclaiming they believe him to be guilty by dropping him from program if that’s the case. Seems odd. No trial has happened.

There's no way he could attend while being held w/o bail and awaiting trial. There are no educational resources for him to even attend online classes.

Fox News just stated that he was found to be around the victims very often with his phone pinging from their location often, and had been stalking the victims.

I believe this to be unsubstantiated and hasn’t been verified by LE at any point?

So much of the reports on this case are not actual facts which leads to a lot of confusion.
sounds like fox unsubstantiated.. that rumour doing the rounds for a few days.. think might have originated from the tiktokker or whateverer poster whose husband's friend's brother's uncle works with a cop who told his mates in the club of some sorts

Maybe the DNA found was intermingled with one of the victim's which took longer to process

For what I know, separation of DNA from a sample mixed with another person's sample (DNA purification via disruption of the cellular structure ) takes circa 24 hrs, and was completed by end of first week max. Around that time they eliminated 'usual suspects' from victims inner circles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member