ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel awful for the people still here, in town. How many residents are here year round? Regardless, this person can be in the move, as well. I still think there should be a bigger warning, but it seems they are sticking to the "targeted" view.
Let me tell you. I lived through the Baton Rouge serial killer years and it was absolutely unnerving, especially when he was known to be in areas I drive through or visited or had friends there, etc. He chose black and white women, older and younger etc. It made no sense who he was going to grab next. Then they said he was driving a white van (truck maybe.. fuzzy memory) and then you realize how many of those are around.

I feel very sad for everyone in the area. It’s a psychological terror (if not a physical one also).

Okay. There were 6 people in the house. It feels incredibly risky to go into a house with that number of people in it with the risk of someone screaming , locking their door and dialing 911, or just generally being overpowered. Does this lead anyone to think this was more than 1 individual? Even if the killer didn’t know that there were 6 people , it seems that there were many cars parked outside which would indicate at least more than 1-2.
How was the parking situation? Outside the house or like a communal parking area?

Add earbuds, or a white noise machine and it’s not unreasonable that they slept right through it.
MOO. That is possible, but the only real conclusion that can be drawn loosely from this is that the perp was not concerned with waking the others up. One way or another, he/they were confident that they'd be able to murder and leave without major incident. Doesn't add up unless he'd been in the home before...

Let me tell you. I lived through the Baton Rouge serial killer years and it was absolutely unnerving, especially when he was known to be in areas I drive through or visited or had friends there, etc. He chose black and white women, older and younger etc. It made no sense who he was going to grab next. Then they said he was driving a white van (truck maybe.. fuzzy memory) and then you realize how many of those are around.

I feel very sad for everyone in the area. It’s a psychological terror (if not a physical one also).
Yes!

The timeline confuses me a bit. It shows both sets of roommates arriving home at approx. the same time. 1:45am. I know the two girls were caught on a neighbors ring camera getting home. Do they have the same for the other couple? It just strikes me as being odd that 2 sets of people went to different places during the evening but yet arrived home at the same general time? When they arrived the other two surviving girls were already home correct? Honestly from my college days, I rarely got home before 3am. So it's just strange to me that everyone in that lived in that house was home before 2am. But, sigh, I'm old, maybe things are different now.

Roommates sometimes have "house rules" they all agree to when they move in. So for instance, one rule could be everyone home before 2 am so they're not disturbed too late or something. I wonder if that could apply here.

I only half paid attention because I was trying to not follow this story because it’s so sad. It had something to do with only military issued… it seemed to be a solid point (I have no idea if it’s correct)
Literally millions of those knives in private hands. The US military bought a boatload of them during WWII and issued them until the Vietnam War, if I'm remembering correctly. That exact knife can be purchased on Amazon or directly from Ka-Bar.

If these blue prints are entirely correct then the killer would have no stairs to access the third floor from the second.
Residential plans are always out of date. Remodels don't get updated when they're done. And that is not an architectural set so it wasn't intended for everything to be included like a full set of blueprints. This is just a floor plan, just general information. The 3rd floor stairs would be implied on the 2nd floor construction drawings as it lands within one of the existing floor plan rooms - I line the stairs up to the foyer. Seriously, the fact that someone was actually able to find one surprises me! Good Job Daily Mail!

Residential plans are always out of date. Remodels don't get updated when they're done. And that is not an architectural set so it wasn't intended for everything to be included like a full set of blueprints. This is just a floor plan, just general information. The 3rd floor stairs would be implied on the 2nd floor construction drawings as it lands within one of the existing floor plan rooms - I line the stairs up to the foyer. Seriously, the fact that someone was actually able to find one surprises me! Good Job Daily Mail!
A more believable/recent? set of plans comes at the beginning of all the threads. The steps to third floor are located on the opposite side of the house from those to the first floor. It looks like the first floor was once a basement and that the third floor was added on. This is important because the location of the first floor stairs shows how someone who didn't know the house well could miss them in the dark if they came in through the kitchen slider.

When it comes to the calls to J- as a former college kid, years ago, this honestly seems normal. Esp. with an ex. You call a bunch of times, drunk, don't get an answer and have your friend call. May seem weird but definitely not. I think there is some motive with a random stalker who met one of the woman at the restaurant they worked at. I've had experiences similar to a stalking like this in college. Combine that with the social media presence- Most of them didn't have "private" profiles on IG or TikTok, so anyone can view or comment. Also, if X did try and defend herself, you would think this person has some cuts..and they would see that in interviews which is why people have been ruled out. I feel so bad for everyone in this.
Just because there are defensive wounds on the victim doesn’t mean the assailant was injured, especially with a sharp knife.

MOO. That is possible, but the only real conclusion that can be drawn loosely from this is that the perp was not concerned with waking the others up. One way or another, he/they were confident that they'd be able to murder and leave without major incident. Doesn't add up unless he'd been in the home before...
I really do think this person knows what they were doing for the most part and knew their method of killing via stabbing would be incredibly low-risk at waking anyone else up.

How did the killer subdue and stab 4 people? I was just studying other such cases. When Richard Speck killed 8 nurses with a knife, he had a pistol. While he did not use it, he apparently used it to control the victims while he took each from the room and killed them with a knife. Makes me wonder if the Moscow killer had a firearm that he did not use in addition to the knife.

Not sure killer or killers have not moved on to another campus.
I sincerely hope I am wrong.
Honestly, I am starting to track with the suggestion that was made between the dates of some other 3 am killings below as well as Jesse Waters theory of a student who was jealous of the greek life and possibly "stalked" (not his word - mind) the girls because they wouldn't give him the time of day. UofI offers masters and doctorate programs. Is it possible that a serial sorority killer is just enrolled at UofI right now, possible graduating out of another 4 year institution. Just saying, I'd be cross referencing the enrollment records between the University of Illinois mentioned below and the UofI.

How did the killer subdue and stab 4 people? I was just studying other such cases. When Richard Speck killed 8 nurses with a knife, he had a pistol. While he did not use it, he apparently used it to control the victims while he took each from the room and killed them with a knife. Makes me wonder if the Moscow killer had a firearm that he did not use in addition to the knife.
Stealth and surprise.

Saw someone comment on previous thread about how terrifying it is that the killer may have showered there and cleaned themselves up.

My question is what do you think is more risky/likely for them to have done?

Stayed and showered risking running into someone or someone potentially having heard and called 911.

Or

Left covered in blood or at least with their bloody clothes in tow and risk being discovered with evidence on them, or leaving a trail of blood/scent?

I am at a loss.
I have always thought they cleaned up before leaving. Esp if they didn’t know or expect the other two would be at home. Remember they were “out of town” earlier in the day…if this was someone they knew and he was told they were out of town…….

Unless the killer just did not care. I mean I think he did his best to be quiet but the die had already been cast (if you know what I mean) the moment he stepped thru the door. I also think he may have brought a small hand gun in case things got out of hand, but he never felt that threatened.
jmo and what not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member