ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker of the forum, first time poster.

I agree with the posters who thought it was an odd statement from the press conference. It was along the lines of "what is not in a photo can be is as important as what it shows". (paraphrasing here, not a direct quote).

I wonder if a crime scene photo shows something is missing from the apartment? Maybe an item that belonged to one of the victims was taken as a sort of trophy?

JMO
I like your thinking

This whole thing is interesting in the sense that when I watched the food truck footage I thought KG didn’t seem very intoxicated. Yes she walked up and was the one ordering and she thought she had some points/discount but didn’t seem too visibly drunk by any means. MM was stumbling around almost rocking at some points seemingly trying to keep from falling to the point that she went and leaned against the truck the whole time after they ordered as if she couldn’t stand well on her own. No judgement that was me in college all the time.

But the two things that stood out to me were that KG was on her phone literally the entire time stopping texting to take some pics but other than that was glued to it. I also found it weird that an Uber driver would get out of the car and yell to get in considering you’d think he didn’t know what his passengers looked like.

And then also why say they gave them random food without paying bc they had to leave? They paid after they ordered food bless I missed that and it didn’t seem like there was much discussion between them and food truck workers as in saying they had to go and asking for food but again maybe I missed that.

Not that it leads me to believe anything but just interesting what someone else observed in person vs what I noticed on footage when I watched days ago?
Was the Uber driver yelling for them to get in in the twitch stream? I missed that! Do you have a timestamp or video link I could see. I also thought the ride home was a private car. Not a service. This is moving so fast. If you have the above info and can share I would appreciate it.

Here is another thing that might not be in a photo or video that maybe should be: An item or items belonging to the killer. Imagine if someone had a "large knife" in a stand on a shelf, but it's no longer there. Or ANYTHING for that matter. Suppose LE found something at the scene?

If I knew person A normally kept something somewhere or had something (think picture on a wall, lucky charm, etc) and that something was no longer there and I reported it to LE, they might just look at their clues and say "Wait, person A is missing their lucky rabbit foot and we FOUND a rabbit foot." Lead.
Or possibly a photo or video on SM that has been removed in the last 11 days?

I have always thought they cleaned up before leaving. Esp if they didn’t know or expect the other two would be at home. Remember they were “out of town” earlier in the day…if this was someone they knew and he was told they were out of town…….
Today’s press conference sounds as though ‘out of town’ may have been a journalistic mistake for ‘out in the community’—the phrase that was used in the press conference.

Yes, showering is risky and leaves them completely vulnerable. I don't see it.
My guess is that it would be a bad move to shower at the scene of the crime. Body hair could/would be trapped in the drain trap and easily used for identification purposes. I have misgivings that shower and tub drains are regularly cleaned in a frat house.

The previous thread closed before I could respond to the following post:

JaimeInLA

Team Juan​

JoinedJul 22, 2012Messages2,175Reaction score2,372
I have a completely new opinion after this presser. I can’t say what it is (TOS), but I feel more confident than I did before. I think they know what happened and are waiting for test results to prove it.

I wanted to say I agree with JaimeInLA. I believe the PD has a lot of evidence and are still processing some of it. Based on other cases I’ve followed over the years, I’ve learned to be patient because I know these cases are complex and it’s so important to have all their ducks in a row before accusing, indicting or prosecuting. It can be very frustrating waiting, especially for the families. In other cases I’ve been able to sleuth and come to a conclusion. This one is very different, but my best guess is the perp is either acquainted with one or more of the victims or has come into contact with them before. JMHO …

I listened to the Press Conference and didn't feel investigators were going in this direction. It seems more like his reaction, much like all of ours here, but he's certainly been around and involved in a lot of cases.

"Dr. Cyril Wecht, who has conducted thousands of forensic investigations over the decades, finds it hard to believe one person can methodically and quietly butcher four people under one roof – while two roommates slept in other rooms."

[...]

“I kind of think there may have been more than one assailant to have killed four people like that and not to have an audible altercation or cries for help,” he added. You have to wonder if there was more than assailant.”

This whole thing is interesting in the sense that when I watched the food truck footage I thought KG didn’t seem very intoxicated. Yes she walked up and was the one ordering and she thought she had some points/discount but didn’t seem too visibly drunk by any means. MM was stumbling around almost rocking at some points seemingly trying to keep from falling to the point that she went and leaned against the truck the whole time after they ordered as if she couldn’t stand well on her own. No judgement that was me in college all the time.

But the two things that stood out to me were that KG was on her phone literally the entire time stopping texting to take some pics but other than that was glued to it. I also found it weird that an Uber driver would get out of the car and yell to get in considering you’d think he didn’t know what his passengers looked like.

And then also why say they gave them random food without paying bc they had to leave? They paid after they ordered food bless I missed that and it didn’t seem like there was much discussion between them and food truck workers as in saying they had to go and asking for food but again maybe I missed that.

Not that it leads me to believe anything but just interesting what someone else observed in person vs what I noticed on footage when I watched days ago?
This interview was BS

Wow.. so the only bit of information provided today was the amount of evidence they’ve taken from the crime scene. Here’s what I gathered from the press conference.

1. They are NOT going to shed any sort of light on why they believe the victims were targeted.
2. They will NOT share how they believe the perp entered the home.
3. The 9-1-1 Phone call is also off limits it seems for the foreseeable future.( who made the call, what did they say, etc )
4. the only thing I did find interesting was when asked if the perp entered the surviving roommates room, he seemed reluctant to answer. That could be just following the theme of the rest of the presser by using evasive words, or could be a tea leaf that points to why they are so certain it was targeted.

I feel we may be a long way from answers to this case, hope I’m wrong.
Perhaps PD could tell it was targeted attack by the wounds found on one victim. Maybe neck slit or decapitated, ugh

But apparently the people on the first floor didn't hear anything. And even if they did hear the shower running, they might have thought that it was one of the other 4 taking a shower
IMO showering would be a sure way to leave behind DNA and possibly other evidence, which I think the perp WAS cautious NOT to leave behind evidence. JMO
Not saying it didn't happen I just think its highly unlikely.

That just seems so risky. If he's inside waiting, how's he to know that they aren't bringing girlfriends who in turn are bringing their boyfriends to the house? He has no way for sure to know that. Then he's stuck in an untenable situation.
True, but it was a high risk scenario either way. He had no way on knowing if anyone was armed being the biggest risk. I think you're closer to the truth in that he observed from outside for some period of time, but unless he's full on commando, and completely concealed, that's risky also.

Does anyone know of any online sources for unsolved homicide data, preferably broken down by state, that is already in tabular form or a spreadsheet? Data that is kept current would be great. I think it would be interesting to plug such data into ArcPro and see what, if any spatial correlations there might be.

I know this is completely off the wall. :)

Maybe perp had a back pack. And stripped down to underwear during the murders. Stowed street clothes in pack and redressed before leaving. Knife in pack. Looks pretty innocent outwardly.

JMO

I wonder if the 2 surviving roommates didnt sleep through this but we’re hiding during all this and didnt have their phones in their reach to call 911. Then around noon felt is was finally safe to come out of hiding spots.

The police won’t talk about the 911 call and won’t give info if the killer(s) we’re down stair or in their room. And the roommates haven’t spoke publicly they’re staying hidden.

Just a thought.

I listened to the Press Conference and didn't feel investigators were going in this direction. It seems more like his reaction, much like all of ours here, but he's certainly been around and involved in a lot of cases.

"Dr. Cyril Wecht, who has conducted thousands of forensic investigations over the decades, finds it hard to believe one person can methodically and quietly butcher four people under one roof – while two roommates slept in other rooms."

[...]

“I kind of think there may have been more than one assailant to have killed four people like that and not to have an audible altercation or cries for help,” he added. You have to wonder if there was more than assailant.”
"I kind of think there may have been"
Good lord I wish I could get paid to spout these types of things lol

Residential plans are always out of date. Remodels don't get updated when they're done. And that is not an architectural set so it wasn't intended for everything to be included like a full set of blueprints. This is just a floor plan, just general information. The 3rd floor stairs would be implied on the 2nd floor construction drawings as it lands within one of the existing floor plan rooms - I line the stairs up to the foyer. Seriously, the fact that someone was actually able to find one surprises me! Good Job Daily Mail!
Or whomever they paid. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
True, but it was a high risk scenario either way. He had no way on knowing if anyone was armed being the biggest risk. I think you're closer to the truth in that he observed from outside for some period of time, but unless he's full on commando, and completely concealed, that's risky also.

There's got to be a threshold of risk tolerance even for the most brazen home intruder killers. Invading a house with what you perceive to be sleeping victims is a lot less risky then being possibly discovered inside a house with possibly 2 or 3 or 4 males on top of everybody else in there. Not to mention, you're in a better position to abort if you are waiting outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong