ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
That just seems so risky. If he's inside waiting, how's he to know that they aren't bringing girlfriends who in turn are bringing their boyfriends to the house? He has no way for sure to know that. Then he's stuck in an untenable situation.
Unless he/they knew that just the two girls were returning home in a cab without any other girlfriends with them?

Good observation.
Possibly different management style
If he didn't lock the door, then how do you explain the surviving roommates describing them as "unconscious". There is no possible way if they had visual contact with any of the victims that they would have thought they were just unconscious. MOO.
MOO is that one of the victims was blocking the door. So when a roommate tried to open it they could barely get it open enough to see someone “passed out.”

911 Caller: "Help! I think my roommate is dead"
Dispatch: "What makes you think this?"
Caller: Provides details..such as there is blood everywhere
Dispatch: "Can you perform CPR?"
Caller ( hysterical): "No!! Come quick!!"
Dispatch to first responders: "We have a report of an unconscious individual at xxxx address"

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I think the killer/killers are individuals with above average intelligence. To evade detection this long points to the ability of masking ones trail. Maybe this wasn't the first time that the killer/killers have carried out an act of violence. This type of evasion seems to come with experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
@unwitting_psychic I agree with your assessment. I may be wrong, but this looks like it was more than a random psychopath. The fact that there was no sexual assault on any of the victims is a key element here.

I do find it odd, my only thought is that at least one of them has a fair amount of very relevant information that is pertinent to the case but LE don’t want it publicly known. I have suspected that at least one roommate actually heard something happen and was scared for her life and possibly wasn’t able to reach out for help. Maybe one of the surviving roommates passed out in fear and that’s why the 911 call says “unconscious individual”? Quite possible and why LE initially were so confident they would be able to find the suspect but as time has gone on they haven’t gotten as much physical evidence connected to the suspect as they would’ve thought.
My thought too

Do you think the sudden dark afternoons and clocks going back can potentially bring on a sort of psychosis of sorts in people predisposed to that behaviour? Does it push them over the edge?
The increasing darkness often causes Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) and people predisposed to depression often report that their symptoms get worse in the fall/winter

That is up to the state. I am previous LE and you are allowed to dismiss EMS when death is readily apparent and obvious. Granted that applies to my States laws, unsure of Idaho statutes.

EDIT : Idaho Statutes do not require EMS to declare death.
Thanks for finding those but I don't see where those address who can declare death.

Most jurisdictions have guidelines to follow. This is a link to an example from Clark County Nevada. https://www.southernnevadahealthdistrict.org/ems/documents/forms/prehospital-death-determination.pdf

I could not find anything for anywhere in Idaho.

I don't disagree with you about LE authority in some locations but "death is readily apparent and obvious" is based on objective observations as outlined in the link above. I believe the "obvious signs of death" and the "conclusive signs of death" listed in that document were established by the NHTSA which provides guideline for the national EMS system although states are not obligated to follow them but most do. The DOT does oversee (as opposed to providing guidelines) for the national 911 system.

Really insightful interview. At the end, the sister uses the word about perp as "they", which is interesting. At the beginning, the mom whispers to sister "got to get it right. don't get mad". For as close as the girls all seemed, they had little to nothing to say about the surviving friends. They also had little to say about E and X. It was very stoic concerning E, X and surviving roommates. The interview seems like they were trying to draw someone out and emphasized that they are not working with police.

They have a different timeline and they seem to be saying E and X were home 15mins before the girls and phone calls until 3am. Maybe LE is fudging the timeline and not divulging that info for a reason.

Also, mom says isolated, targeted attack.

Thanks for asking this, I saw a glimpse of that too and very curious about that.
I learned how to do it today after reading about it in another forum linked to this case. A little shocked how often my own name was searched, it is an uncommon name. It shows the dates and number of searches. It “spiked” at times and most likely linked to commenting on FB news articles, meeting new group of people etc. Play around with it, kinda floored by it all to be honest. It is Google trends. Any name or address or really anything!

Could it be possible that someone staying over (in surviving housemate’s room) was the one who first saw the ‘unconscious person’ and used her phone to call 911. This same person may or may not have been the perp. The ‘multiple people’ on the 911 call could in fact be 3 or 4 (surviving housemates plus 1 or 2 boyfriends/friends staying over). This might explain not wanting to release the 911 call.
Maybe a one night stand who slipped away in the aftermath. I know it doesn’t make much sense but none of this does. MOO.

Really insightful interview. At the end, the sister uses the word about perp as "they", which is interesting. At the beginning, the mom whispers to sister "got to get it right. don't get mad". For as close as the girls all seemed, they had little to nothing to say about the surviving friends. They also had little to say about E and X. It was very stoic concerning E, X and surviving roommates. The interview seems like they were trying to draw someone out and emphasized that they are not working with police.
This makes me wonder if Kaylees family might have an idea of who did this in the back of their minds.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Someone was harassing people on Deakin. That matters. It also matters if the arboretum is a place where the homeless and drug users hang out. Bizarre behavior, drugs, homelessness so close to the crime scene might be important.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is now closed. Click below to continue in Thread #12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member