ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
sometimes cases like this requires old school gumshoe detective work. Door to door, house to house. I'm asking if there are any cameras. I'm asking if they saw something, heard something. I'm asking if they have anybody staying with them temporarily or if they were away for the weekend and left the house to somebody to watch over it while they're gone. I understand the thanksgiving break throws a wrench into this but i'm at least making contact with what looks like permanent residents that are in that area.

I'm not calling out the investigators but when they make an announcement that they are looking for footage within such and such streets it makes me wonder if they are going door to door, house to house.

Me personally, I would have done just that if there wasn't enough evidence at this point to find a suspect.
I was just talking yesterday to a co-worker who spent Thanksgiving in Moscow visiting friends down there, she said her friends told her exactly what you are saying, that LE has been talking to everyone they can find, asking about cameras, that they asked to search a motor home that was parked on their property

Im sure there was blood all over the 2nd fl. They prolly woke up

yes I agree w that X being last. I think her background is the key and her father made interesting comments
This keeps getting stuck in my head. If E was a freshman, he was new on the scene in September? There have been hints about X past, made by her father and getting back in track. She was at least a year ahead at school Who did she date before and did they not appreciate the new guy on the scene?

This was someone familiar, but not from the University. possibly an old acquaintance. Showed up drunk, encouraged to spend the night. Overcome with rage at some perceived slight he went on a rampage and killed all four in order to leave no witnesses. He was soaked in blood which would have created a mess when he came home, so I’m guessing he does not live in the area. Probably drove in. My guess would be an ex bf of X.

The barstools placed to block the sliding door are a HUGE piece of the puzzle. This means they were actively in fear and trying to keep someone out, OR was it standard practice for some other reason?
The bar stools were placed that way by investigators. It's been discussed here previously with dated photos. Photos show stools upright on November 13th. Speculated that it was probably to remind other crime scene investigators not to enter via the sliding door.

Subjectively, I am thinking the placement of the bar stools was for another reason.

Evidently, the investigation has not uncovered any evidence that the victims feared either a specific, nor a general threat. Thus, I dont think they were placed there out of fear.

Rather.... my guess is that they were placed there out of a desire for peace and quiet during "after hours". The house appears to have been pretty open and had multiple resident who seemed to be socially active.

When applied to college housing, this could mean a steady stream of friends, friends of friends, and "Know you from party "P"- hey, got a light?" and "Car wont start, resident "R" said I could crash on the coach" type aquantiances coming by at all hours to talk, drink, study, borrow things, resolve an "emergency" etc.

Thus, bar stools blocking the sliding glass doors could have been their way of saying: "No more of anything after 0200- well, at least not usually."
The barstools were placed there by the police after processing the scene - to prevent anyone from being able to open them. They are sitting up right at the bar in all of the initial news photos of the house. Maybe we can get this info pinned? The barstools keep coming up, so may be helpful.

This keeps getting stuck in my head. If E was a freshman, he was new on the scene in September? There have been hints about X past, made by her father and getting back in track. She was at least a year ahead at school Who did she date before and did they not appreciate the new guy on the scene?
She and Chapin had been in a relationship for about a year, he said.

Source

It's on Khq.com Here's the photo I think you are referring to. The camera is right there between LE and the girl with long hair. Is it possible that the house with the camera on the left is this house that is perpendicular to the King Street house in the second photo.
I believe that's a light, not a camera. There is another light on the other side of a window as well. Google Maps

Just random observations since we don't know anything new and are just rehashing:
-deep diving on the girls socials, it seems that Xana lived in the house the longest. She has roommate pics from 2020 with her and 5 others at that house. She and Maddie appeared to be close for a couple of years, before living together. Were they in the same pledge class?
-Maddie seems to be the most exposed on social media, because she modeled for a boutique in town - there are tons of pictures of Maddie that any random creeper in the area would have come across on their social media.
-Xana is tagged in many Sigma Chi pics - pics that don't include E or her. I partied in college but didn't go to a school with a big Greek presence. Would a sorority member be assigned to or connected with a fraternity as a liaison of some sort? Some of the pics are only guys, all the guys and just Xana tagged. Just wondering if this is odd or insignificant. It at least suggests to me that X was closely connected with the fraternity as a whole, even before E came to school.

All JMO and straw grasping
Thank You Saraism..this is really good websleuthing...building the victim profiles to help determine who the target may have been and/or a possible motive!!!

Taken from
Interview with Kaylee's dad.

26th November.

"Dad - (Kaylee's father) I don't wanna talk bad about them because these are some hard working individuals and I'm doomed without them. We're all doomed without them. This police is just a terrible idea. The fact that we're finding out that there's more than just my daughter and these children that have suffered. It's terrible to think that we can these guys. It's an absolute atrocity. That's not something that is.. it's not political, this is just facts guys. We can't allow these people to just run free."

"The fact that we're finding out that there's more than just my daughter and these children that have suffered."

"We can't allow these people to just run free."

What is he alluding to?

I'm just going to leave it at that without speculating so we can come back to it IF there are further related comments or developments.
I believe he is alluding to allowing criminals who assault people or commit other violent crimes to run free rather than keeping them in prison where they can’t hurt anyone else. If this happened to my daughter I would find it hard to believe that the person who committed such a horrible crime has been a nonviolent law abiding person until now. But that’s just my opinion.

Yes, because the release of endorphins and enkephalins as response to pain makes some people energized. These soldiers might be the first to recover, eventually, but the day after their heroic act they would feel exhaustion and pain. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy felt real pain the next day and asked for painkillers.
These days requesting painkillers rings an alarm bell with most doctors. Maybe that would be a good question for police to ask medical personnel but it's more likely that the killer would look for an illicit source.

Just random observations since we don't know anything new and are just rehashing:
-deep diving on the girls socials, it seems that Xana lived in the house the longest. She has roommate pics from 2020 with her and 5 others at that house. She and Maddie appeared to be close for a couple of years, before living together. Were they in the same pledge class?
-Maddie seems to be the most exposed on social media, because she modeled for a boutique in town - there are tons of pictures of Maddie that any random creeper in the area would have come across on their social media.
-Xana is tagged in many Sigma Chi pics - pics that don't include E or her. I partied in college but didn't go to a school with a big Greek presence. Would a sorority member be assigned to or connected with a fraternity as a liaison of some sort? Some of the pics are only guys, all the guys and just Xana tagged. Just wondering if this is odd or insignificant. It at least suggests to me that X was closely connected with the fraternity as a whole, even before E came to school.

All JMO and straw grasping
Not sure if this is OK to post/ask, but since you’ve been looking at social media, have you come across a short vid of K & perhaps M with a swifter-type thing, maybe on IG?

The reason I ask is my recollection is that it showed a common closet (not in either 3rd floor bedroom) maybe with stacking plastic baskets that variously shows up on floor plans posted in threads here.

Moo, but if verified, it might be a location the murderer hid before the murders.

Apologies I can’t find it myself - while I didn’t personally know the victims, the two Mad Greek victims served us several times, so it’s painful to go back searching.

Just a thought. Woke up in the middle of the night and started thinking about the dog. On Fox last night, with Lawrence Jones, he specifically asked if the dog was in the house the whole time and the State Police spokesperson said “Yes”<modsnip - off limits> My reasoning is because whoever this was did NOT hurt Murphy. I also believe that the killer was familiar to Murphy and liked him.
I agree . I feel the killer was very close to that dog ….

Not sure if this is OK to post/ask, but since you’ve been looking at social media, have you come across a short vid of K & perhaps M with a swifter-type thing, maybe on IG?

The reason I ask is my recollection is that it showed a common closet (not in either 3rd floor bedroom) maybe with stacking plastic baskets that variously shows up on floor plans posted in threads here.

Moo, but if verified, it might be a location the murderer hid before the murders.

Apologies I can’t find it myself - while I didn’t personally know the victims, the two Mad Greek victims served us several times, so it’s painful to go back searching.
That was on Kaylee's Tiktok

Whats a 'swifter" and 'IG"? sounds like it could be important?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleCrimeOnThePrairie