ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there’s a missing paragraph return. 1:45 is when they returned home. JMO
Yes, quite possible….

However, not everything is as sinister as the media insinuates, is more along the point of of my original post .. IMO

Edit to add: Xana being home watching a movie at midnight does not seem to fit with this narrative ….IMO

Yesterday November 29 LE issued an update saying that they towed five cars to a secure location for further processing of evidence. I interpret that as meaning whoever they think maybe did this might have recently spent time in one of the victims cars.
Yes. The perp may have left something in one of the cars…..And maybe leaving the cars at the crime scene, LE was hoping this person would come back to retrieve what they left in one of the vehicles? Perhaps that is the very reason LE left the cars there for as long as they did. IMO

Do you think it was a pizza delivery person or food delivery person?
I wonder if the dog was crated and perhaps in the unoccupied room behind closed doors? If victims were asleep, and first wound was to the lungs—not much sound possible. If the knife was pushed in and up, maybe no sound at all. If killer struck one fatal blow to each and then additional blows just to make sure, could indicate inexperienced killer. Might make it near impossible to know the order—something only killer would know. Without DNA, will be difficult to solve and difficult even with it. JMO

Yes. The perp may have left something in one of the cars…..And maybe leaving the cars at the crime scene, LE was hoping this person would come back to retrieve what they left in one of the vehicles? Perhaps that is the very reason LE left the cars there for as long as they did. IMO
Maybe. Or they want to collect DNA to compare to unknown DNA from the crime scene?

There has been Police presence at the house 24/7 since then …. If that was the case wouldn’t the Police have set up remote surveillance ???

I can’t see a perp trying to remove something from the house or cars while Police are onsite, but JMO… but sure they could be very brazen …

I think possibly they are “up to“ forensically processing the cars now ??? The victims, the house, and yard were the first priorities ?? And now they are extending ???

Yikes. This makes it sound like the DA was slapped on the hand trying to imply they’d made some progress, when in fact there has been none. I hope what they meant is “while the investigation is turning up new information, nothing new is being released at this time to protect the integrity of the investigation”.

Also, I wish they’d quit saying they have no suspects and all previous POI have been cleared. It’s depressing, and IMO misleading. If nothing else they’re at least investigating random tips about “my creepy neighbor”. Right??? I originally hoped they were saying this to mislead the killer but they’ve repeated it so many times I’m beginning to believe them.

I’m pretty confident this case will be solved based on seeing how the FBI, State BI’s and local LE agencies typically make significant progress in early weeks of an investigation even when we don’t know it. IMO, for someone who doesn’t follow true crime and only has these statements to go by, catching the killer would seem hopeless. The residents of the community must be getting more terrified by the day.

I am a strong supporter of LE in general and give this team the benefit of doubt they’re doing a fine job. But FCOL, the person crafting the public relations strategy should be sent to a 101 LE communications seminar STAT.

Only my opinion.
Me too. I think LE is going very slowly step by step -taking advisement when needed, to ensure a proper investigation is completed and a conviction is made. A good long run strategy

Absolutely, husband and I lost a coworker and close friend to both of us in a freak flash flood, all these years later he beats himself up that if he had just known and talked to her and tell her to get on her roof. I miss her like crazy but he still reacts with grief after all these years. (I can't fix it, he feels he should have stopped it but how did we know?! If we did we would have been down there in 15 minutes that night!). Either way I know all kinds of grief stories and regrets will coming out soon, hindsight is 20/20 like my husband. I pray some people that saw X&E that night come forward or at some point LEO publishes it. We have limited info at this point, somethings missing...
I'm sorry that happened to you both. 'If only' sucks.

I wonder if perhaps they didn’t know her too well? And of course, with the Internet being full of different theories, it is hard to sort things out.
potentially. it just seems odd not to mention her at all. but I could be way wrong.

Thanks for posting the update S1 ….

So this would suggest there is no missing 5 hours…. in the timeline …. Mystery solved … IMO
I take it to mean that they were seen there but not for that whole time. Ethan’s mom has stated that he took his sister to her sorority formal in their online interview. It’s in the media thread.

I’m working on compiling a timeline of media/press conferences for my own reference and will share once done.

In Moscow Idaho? Ordering food at 3 am? Sorry can't get that down here in San Antonio. Delivery ends around midnight here.
A few crime scene photos showed a fast food bag near the kitchen sink. Appeared to have been delivered to XK by DoorDash. The particular restaurant does not exist in Moscow, so likely was delivered from Pullman. The Pullman location offers 24 hour delivery. It may be one of very few 24 hour option for such late night delivery.

Having said all that, *if* there was a late night DoorDash delivery (impossible to tell date and time of delivery from photo of bag alone), there would be a clear record of that and investigators would have known that early on. More importantly, I don’t imagine a DoorDash driver becoming enraged by some/all of the victims, waiting for everyone to fall asleep and then brutally murdering everyone, especially knowing there’d be an electronic record of him making a delivery there. I suppose I’ve heard of a couple cases of a cab driver murdering someone when they must have known how easily they’d be traced to the victim, but I think those were individual sexual assaults followed by murder, not mass murders. Just seems extremely unlikely to me. JMO.

There has been Police presence at the house 24/7 since then …. If that was the case wouldn’t the Police have set up remote surveillance ???

I can’t see a perp trying to remove something from the house or cars while Police are onsite, but JMO… but sure they could be very brazen …

I think possibly they are “up to“ forensically processing the cars now ??? The victims, the house, and yard were the first priorities ?? And now they are extending ???
it's pretty standard to impound the cars as evidence. they have to be removed and locked down for trial, otherwise evidence issues abound.

A few crime scene photos showed a fast food bag near the kitchen sink. Appeared to have been delivered to XK by DoorDash. The particular restaurant does not exist in Moscow, so likely was delivered from Pullman. The Pullman location offers 24 hour delivery. It may be one of very few 24 hour option for such late night delivery.

Having said all that, *if* there was a late night DoorDash delivery (impossible to tell date and time of delivery from photo of bag alone), there would be a clear record of that and investigators would have known that early on. More importantly, I don’t imagine a DoorDash driver becoming enraged by some/all of the victims, waiting for everyone to fall asleep and then brutally murdering everyone, especially knowing there’d be an electronic record of him making a delivery there. I suppose I’ve heard of a couple cases of a cab driver murdering someone when they must have known how easily they’d be traced to the victim, but I think those were individual sexual assaults followed by murder, not mass murders. Just seems extremely unlikely to me. JMO.

agreed. It's possible the food delivery guy got out of the car and murdered four people. unlikely imo but possible. BUT where did the pizza delivery guy get the knife and then return, murder four people, and leave without a bloody trail and lots of physical evidence? And why, if it were the food delivery guy, did LE not already figure this one out, because that's a dot connection that's easy to make. And had the food delivery guy done this before because killing four people takes some emotional and physical chutzpah. I just don't think it's logical or likely based on the facts we know, basic common sense, and giving any trust to le.

I suggested that LE speak to Amazon delivery person. Those Amazon people usually are good scouts and are constantly making sure to avoid porch pirates and would probably notice if something was off days prior to the incident. My kids are constantly ordering from Amazon. If they are like my kids, Amazon is likely delivering daily. I don't think an Amazon delivery person would do this, but they're good observers.

But it was Ethan’s fraternity. Not just any fraternity. And whatever happened to warrant a call to police happened in the field between the frat and the house where the victims lived — VERY close to the house.

And it happened at 3:01 am, just as the victims were falling asleep. (The last call to J was at 2:52).

Those are definitely some crazy coincidences if they are coincidences.

Speculation / new theory: one of the victims (maybe one of the two with the 4.5 hours missing in their timeline) called the police on someone. That somebody got extremely angry, followed them home, and killed them.
There was a ~report~ taken for that event, whatever it was.

JMHO, if that was in any way related to the quadruple homicide, LE would absolutely have taken action by now with the resources they have. Again, JMHO.

I take it to mean that they were seen there but not for that whole time. Ethan’s mom has stated that he took his sister to her sorority formal in their online interview. It’s in the media thread.

I’m working on compiling a timeline of media/press conferences for my own reference and will share once done.
Yes I believe Ethan’s Mum totally, and she was correct … but I personally think that event (that all 3 triplets attended) was much earlier in the evening …. And I believe there may have been a Frat Party later that Ethan and Xana attended … at Ethan’s Frat House ..
But JMO

it's pretty standard to impound the cars as evidence. they have to be removed and locked down for trial, otherwise evidence issues abound.
I am not debating that issue at all … and Police may have also needed warrants to be organised … my post was trying to explain the possible perceived delay in removing the cars ….
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member