ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a super-creep-sex-offender-pedophile coworker and suspected a camera had been placed in the bathroom. Other strange security breaches were happening. He quit abruptly as more were suspecting his behavior. It’s very frightening how easy it is to purchase spy cams.
thanks for creeping me out for all eternity while the same time providing some very useful information.

DBM
You may be right, but if the circumstantial evidence gives them probably cause, then they can arrest. Circumstantial evidence is enough to convict if it proves the case beyond a reasonable doubt. IMO if the evidence - circumstantial or direct - were strong enough to get an arrest warrant, LE would be arresting, not waiting.

"Can arrest" is not the same as "should arrest". LE must remain mindful that a premature arrest based on circumstantial evidence may lay the groundwork for a jury to have "reasonable doubt" if a better suspect is ultimately brought to trial.

Wait, what did I miss? Why does it matter if they were identical or fraternal?

Sometime within the past few days, a poster asked whether it's possible to distinguish the dna (or blood?) of twins. I took it as insinuating the surviving brother might be the perpetrator. I hope very much that I misunderstood.

I believe that was the beginning of the fraternal vs. identical conversation.

Just checking in for the evening and only read the last 6 pages… I need to watch Banfield with Xana’s mom, also, anyone wondering if Ethan’s family were involved much with Xana, she is in quite a few pictures on his video tribute via obituary page. For what is it worth!

Next, what would it matter if Ethan and his brother were identical? No one is insinuating he did this, correct? Please no one go there!!!

Lastly- praying for an arrest!!!!! Before Christmas!
The question of the triplets DNA was asked in the context of comparing DNA profiles to samples at the crime scene; NOT in the context of suspects (I don’t believe.)

Ok the biggest news to come from Banfield’s interview with Xana’s mom is that Xana did have a lock on her bedroom door and that Xana’s dad had just replaced it with a new lock exactly one week before the murders.

I need to know WHY that lock was changed!!

Xana’s mom also said she thinks the kids were targeted. She thinks it was someone who knew them, maybe even a friend.

Wow.

That doesn’t seem to be in the included clip?

Did she indicate that it was a code lock or key lock?

I’m with you: replacing a door knob or lock would generally be done by property management, ~especially~ if a lock is involved - that’s generally a lease term, IME. Why did her dad rather than PM do it?

"Can arrest" is not the same as "should arrest". LE must remain mindful that a premature arrest based on circumstantial evidence may lay the groundwork for a jury to have "reasonable doubt" if a better suspect is ultimately brought to trial.
Could not agree more! That is usually a big part of the DA's job. Also, if a suspect is tried without sufficient evidence and walks, then you might as well not even find the proof afterwards because double jeopardy will not let you get another chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan