ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The killer seems to have had a personal vendetta against at least one of these victims. This does not appear to be totally random but a hate-filled crime. Either the killer personally knew her or was a stalker and felt like he did. If you trace her social media analytics on Instagram in the weeks and months leading up to the killing, you will find your guy. This person would have been consumed and obsessed. There’s no way he didn’t leave a digital footprint of his stalking.
This is my feeling also.
An Elliott Rodger type maybe. He may only know the victims obliquely, maybe he was in one of their classes or saw them on campus.
They seem the popular, sociable types.

I'm sure FBI have a list of suspects already. They probably have a database of everyone who visited the victims social media in last 6 months. A long list I know.

I'm sure FBI have sophisticated data tools to search the search terms of anyone on this list for anything dodgy like an interest in knives, violent *advertiser censored* eyc

I do not know if this has been already mentioned. Apologises if it was.

Everyone assumed that the attacks were not sexually motivated, as none of the victims was raped. However, all victims are extremelly atrractive: as persons as well as physically. I was thinking whether attack on one of them could have been more prominent in body areas usually associated with sex and SG may have a knowledge of that? This is JMO.
I don’t think everyone is assuming the attacks weren’t sexually motivated; victims don’t have to be raped for this crime to be sexually motivated.

MOO

I wonder if if there is some type of victim's advocacy available for the families in this small city? I would guess not, what with the frustration the families are going through, it seems the police need a better liaison between LE/investigators and the families. LE has walked back some of their comments, only adding to the frustration. If LE does not want Kaylee's father to discuss things with reporters, it seems obvious that perhaps LE could at least do better with their communication with the families, even if there are no updates, if LE cannot give any information at least develop some trust and a relationship with the families. Even during the live press conferences, I cringed several times at the way LE presented themselves, or at least one of them anyway.

@Sister Golden Hair I will tell you that there is a slippery slope on "casual questions" and "interrogation". And the issue that LEO can use deception during questioning.

My own opinion, if you have been in this house, get contacted by the police, answer a few questions, if the interview is longer than five minutes, and they want to talk to you at the police station, get an attorney.

I'm intrigued by his use of the word "alpha". That's all. JMO
I agree it seems like he's indicating there isn't one clear or strong leader. Perhaps he is implying a lot of "decisions by committee" which isn't necessarily wrong but I could see as being frustrating if you are a family member. I also wonder about the presence of the FBI and how long they will keep that number of agents on the case

@Sister Golden Hair I will tell you that there is a slippery slope on "casual questions" and "interrogation". And the issue that LEO can use deception during questioning.

My own opinion, if you have been in this house, get contacted by the police, answer a few questions, if the interview is longer than five minutes, and they want to talk to you at the police station, get an attorney.

Your opinion is shared by virtually every single attorney IMO.

You’re right, they gagged family members, even though the gag was issued over the defense attorney’s press release, but that was after an arrest. That makes a difference, there’s a case in the court.
There’s no case here for a judge to preside over, only an investigation.
There is a case, though. Do judges not have to sign off on search warrants in Idaho? If LE gets to the point they need a gag order, they can get a judge if need be.

you are right. it is a slippery slope, and I can cite some cases. I think your advice is solid. I'd still take an attorney.

I'm in Ireland and it's unusual for a young person but not completely unusual. You wouldn't really notice it. I still see older people wearing them in shops and out and about.

I was going to ask if wearing a ski mask is unusual at night in Idaho or places with similar climate?
We don't really have a cold climate here so ski masks are unusual but scarves I guess fulfill the same person
In Wyoming and when I lived in Colorado a ski mask in town regardless of the weather would be out of place, I can't say I've even seen that before. Since Covid there are just a handful that still wear surgical/designer masks still, the younger ones still wearing them here seem to be concentrated at the University and appear to be from out of state and/or country just here for studies.

Apologies if I’ve missed this I literally can’t read every speculative post on who was targeted or not targeted or where etc.

In the report from Fox last night Lawrence said that he had been talking to sources and had been told that there were differences in the way that some of the victims were killed that some had more severe injuries.

Do we think this was a leak by police to help firm up their targeted statement? Who would actually have this information and share it with him?

Steve Goncalves clarifies his prior comments about "means of death" and how "he" didn't have to go up the steps. Yes, there was a difference between the attack on Kaylee vs. Maddie, and, having entered on the 2nd floor, SG believes one or both of the girls were targeted. The link is here:

Last edited:
i can’t comprehend how anybody could interpret it this way. but clearly some have. it was clarified this morning. it’s the physical steps in the house.
I thought it was the physical steps in the house, too. do you have a link for where it was clarified?

and btw, I know grief, too, and I read what you wrote, and I'm very sorry for you and yours that whatever happened, happened.

I thought it was the physical steps in the house, too. do you have a link for where it was clarified?

and btw, I know grief, too, and I read what you wrote, and I'm very sorry for you and yours that whatever happened, happened.
This mornings Fox interview is linked up thread.

There is a case, though. Do judges not have to sign off on search warrants in Idaho? If LE gets to the point they need a gag order, they can get a judge if need be.
Maybe, I don’t know. I’ve just never seen a gag order on people talking about an investigation, it seems unconstitutional.
And the press is especially protected by the first amendment, the talking would get nowhere without the press to report it.

ADMIN NOTE:

Little rumor, big rumor .. doesn't matter. A rumor is a rumor. Don't bring them to Websleuths.

Also, at Websleuths every family member, every parent, friend, etc. is considered a victim unless they are an officially named POI or suspect. If parents don't go public and give interviews, people think that's not right. If they give interviews, people think that's not right. You aren't in their shoes ... lay off the criticism of how those innocent people may or may not be reacting during their time of grief.

And, it's been said many, many times, stop the generalized LE bashing.

Thousands of members every day have no problem posting in accordance with our rules and policies. Please post responsibly and respectfully.

Thank you.
Rather than typing one myself, I'll just drag this excellent reminder forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member