ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too wondered, it appears is "like" a KA-Bar and apparently some detail only investigators know is what they led them to this type of knife. I looked up a picture of one and did not realize how bit it actually was omg! I could not imagine what it took to wield a knife like that. Makes me sick.
It is a very large knife and it is very heavy. The military version that they appear to be keying on probably weighs a little over a pound which makes it weigh 2 to 3 times what your typical butcher knife would weigh.

I’ll say this, as an Idahoan and outdoorsman, if I’m this guy I’m going straight for the mountains, and likely driving three hours north to the border, into the Canadian Rockies, and just continuing north as far as I can go. Like all the way north. I wonder if they’re able to track cash fuel purchases?
How do 2013 Hyundai Elantras go off road?

Will we find a dumped car somewhere for a switch? Lots of escape routes?

1122 King Rd

How do 2013 Hyundai Elantras go off road?

Will we find a dumped car somewhere for a switch? Lots of escape routes?

1122 King Rd
Kind of wondered that too, since they apparently don’t have possession of this Elantra. Of course I suppose we’re just guessing that he was even in that car at all.

yeah, because the Canadian wilderness is so remote and huge, and because it’s something you already wish you could do, and now you have a reason. You could completely disappear, so easily, if you knew what you were doing. The kind of guy that might have a big ol’ knife for “bushcraft” as they call it today. My opinion of course, with the bias of myself being kind of wilderness survival type guy lol.
Got it, understand, thanks :)

I think your presumption is that her sister’s statement somehow precludes the possibility of K making exactly that type of characteristic, persistent call pattern to share something like “this guy was bothering me tonight.” I just don’t see why that would be the case?

A theory or opinion isn't a fact, like they were calling for help or had info about the soon to be killer...... then, strangely, turned the lights out and went to sleep.
It's not impossible your assumption is correct but if we go with probabilities, I lean towards K's usual habit of late night persistent calls, as her sister described.
They couldn't save themselves because they didn't know they were going to be attacked, that's why this case is so disturbing, it was a cowardly act against defenseless sleeping people who had no idea.

It's everyone's worst nightmare, can't run, hide, fight or protect yourself!

Jmo

The thought crossed my mind that where ever Murphy was Kaylee didn't see him and was calling J to see if he had picked him up. I'm Spitballing.
Not to start the famous dog debate again (!) but Kaylee’s sister said early on that the neighbor’s camera had recorded Kaylee taking Murphy outside (potty break) when they arrived home after Corner Club/Grub Truck. I don’t think Murphy was ever missing and LE has now stated that he was found inside the residence.

@0:40
"My sister did everything right, they went out in the buddy system, they went out together, they ubered out, they stopped and got food, they ubered home, let dog out to go potty, and then they lock their house up, they did everything right, and this still happened".

yeah, because the Canadian wilderness is so remote and huge, and because it’s something you already wish you could do, and now you have a reason. You could completely disappear, so easily, if you knew what you were doing. The kind of guy that might have a big ol’ knife for “bushcraft” as they call it today. My opinion of course, with the bias of myself being kind of wilderness survival type guy lol.

Even the Unabomber came into town for supplies

It is a very large knife and it is very heavy. The military version that they appear to be keying on probably weighs a little over a pound which makes it weigh 2 to 3 times what your typical butcher knife would weigh.
Tying into the posts above your answer, I frequent a survivalist iitem sale site, it often lists knives on sale, most are not big but some are incredibly expensive and larger. Thank you for explaining the weight and military aspects for me. I looked up a picture KA-Bar initially and had not idea how big and heavy it was. Reminds me of the movie Rambo.

If they were emergent calls for help, they probably wouldn't have called the same friend over and over.

My opinion.
I agree. K was just drunk-dialing her ex. Who hasn't done that at least once? They still had feelings for each other and were on good terms. She probably just wanted to talk to him, and the late night phone calls were apparently a habit of hers.
I don't think any of those students were aware of any danger at that point because none of them took any precautions or called 911.

What strikes me as off is why wait five weeks so speak up although a door (which door?) was reportedly open when LE arrived.
LE found the door open when they arrived so it was reported in the beginning.

I think the community really wants this crime solved which might be why not many are talking to reporters and providing details about the investigation.

Last edited:
1. Who was the primary lessee?

2. Were the rooms all separate lease or part sublet by who?

Kaylee advertised for a sublet? It was online?

Was 1122 King st, Moscow a prominent high profile lease for the university?

Would Kaylee be considered a high profile student at the university?

Would Kaylee be considered high profile social media personality, albeit some of the victims in advertising, building a personal brand is often confused for narcissism by others who hold unfoundedhuge jealousy for.

#1122 #King #moscow

A theory or opinion isn't a fact, like they were calling for help or had info about the soon to be killer...... then, strangely, turned the lights out and went to sleep.
It's not impossible your assumption is correct but if we go with probabilities, I lean towards K's usual habit of late night persistent calls, as her sister described.
They couldn't save themselves because they didn't know they were going to be attacked, that's why this case is so disturbing, it was a cowardly act against defenseless sleeping people who had no idea.

It's everyone's worst nightmare, can't run, hide, fight or protect yourself!

Jmo
Oh dear, I just imagined she was under duress and kept redialing J on silent mode while the killer was there. I hope not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member