ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. From the outside, in mine you press a logo. It makes a whirring sound so that you know it has locked. From the inside, you have to twist a little knob to lock it.

from the inside,,you unlock it by twisting the knob,

from the outside,you enter a code . It whirs to let you know you entered the correct numbers and you have to open it at the correct whirring point or you have to start over
I have mine set to lock automatically when the door closes. But upon entering the code, mine does a whirly noise as well. The whirly noise can be heard inside as well (at least on mine). And on my lock there can be a few different entry codes set. So, if I wanted to allow a worker in etc., I could give him or her a different code from mine and then delete that code afterwards.

i think some of the construction rather questionable on this house already.. I doubt its future very bright
You know, there are people who are morbidly interested in such places.
I read there were trips to Fritzl's house in Austria.
But I think it has been demolished.
Although Im not sure.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
You can barely see the white on the door in that photo, and the police light strip on the roof. Here’s another angle.

4160BE0B-308B-4884-ADFE-92FA488BB51D.jpeg
Fox News photo

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry, but I will have to disagree. I read the press release 5 times and there is no mentioning that LE wants to find out who is the the owner of the car, only its occupants (word occupants used twice & interested who may be driving the car).

Uploading PDF file of PR

Unless we are talking about 2 different press releases, of which I am unaware, I still believe that it may by the case that LE knows who the owner is, however they do not know who was driving the car because the car was reported stolen
Probably 50 percent of the cars in that town are owned by students' parents, title-wise. So occupants is more accurate than owner in terms of what they arw looking for.

Yes, notice 5 cars towed into impound for evidence, and if you zoom out on this pic there are more than 5 vehicles in the driveway.

Also, thank your for sending me the weather stats on the previous thread, it was closed when I saw it today so I could not respond. That said, this is one of the pictures I was referring too as it does not look snowy or icy.

This is my original post responding to someone who thought the RR was red, I zoomed in on the cop car to answer @human, when she asked about the black car seen in this photo
The red vehicle on the left is a Jeep.
The SUV in the center between the two sedans is the Range Rover.
Idaho Statesman
View attachment 386081
Car Magazine 2016 Range Rover Evoque
View attachment 386083

Last edited:
Was white Hynday reported stolen, and that was the only white car which was reported stolen in Moscow UD, as LE is pretty sure of the make and year of the make of the car? As it took some time to report this car as Car of Interest (COI), was it because the owner was away and only recently retyrned to Moscow ID and upon his return noticed that the car is missing? In this case, how the perpetrator knew that the stolen car will not be reported stolen for a while and it was safe to drive it around in Moscow ID albeit for a day or few hours?
MOO is that LE may have more footage of the COI from other sources which has helped them be more specific

You know, there are people who are morbidly interested in such places.
I read there were trips to Fritzl's house in Austria.
But I think it has been demolished.
Although Im not sure.
well, where people keep thinking they see leaking blood on the exterior.. If that is blood then thats a sign of some really shotty construction. Then we know its a maze of weird addons already which kinda leans into that also. That layout really isn't great for a family home. I doubt many students will want to stay there in a room rent situation now. Plus the deck seems to have some weird issues by Madison's bedroom window.. Looks like more of the deck was there at one time. All of the issues combined and it doesn't seem this a great investment. The neighborhood location and property value itself is still pretty good i imagine

well, where people keep thinking they see leaking blood on the exterior.. If that is blood then thats a sign of some really shotty construction. Then we know its a maze of weird addons already which kinda leans into that also. That layout really isn't great for a family home. I doubt many students will want to stay there in a room rent situation now. Plus the deck seems to have some weird issues by Madison's bedroom window.. Looks like more of the deck was there at one time. All of the issues combined and it doesn't seem this a great investment. The neighborhood location and property value itself is still pretty good i imagine
I totally agree on shoddy construction, that said I've lived in 3 college towns and the construction and aged homes that get rented blow my mind. Even my college dorm in one the larger Universities in Colo had a leak in the roof that dripped on the aisle to the cafeteria and there was giant bin there to collect the leak the entire year I lived there. It was easily twice the size of a 55 gal drum, maybe 3x. Smaller less populated states have less building codes in my experience.

The entire state of Idaho doesn’t have one fourth the population of NYC so maybe it will be easier to identify someone there.
That’s what I’m hoping anyway.
<gets out cocktail napkin>

There were @650k Elantra's sold in the US in 2011-2013.

Idaho has 0.54 percent of the US population, so that might lead to you guessing that @3,250 were sold in Idaho. Although, out there in 'Merica, I might guess that Ford and Chevy trucks do a lot better than little Korean compacts. But take whatever percentage you want off there.

I'll say.....2500.

Then there is attrition after ten years, cars dumped to south america or totalled or scrapped. I looked online....there are the freaks who will tell you they have 300k miles on their old Elantra, but wiser heads seem to agree that 150k is about its lifespan, so at ten years they are disappearing off the roads. Out there were everything is 500 miles apart, I'm guessing half those old Elantras have met their maker.

So that is 1,250.

Then there is the percentage of how many were white -- there were ten colors available in 2012, one being coral white. I'm going to say Idaho likes white stuff, so let's say 20 percent were white.

So that is 250, spread around the state, mostly in the cities, I don't see the Duttons driving one around on the ol' Y Ranch.

And, yeah, there are neighboring states and students come from there. But it's a ballpark.

Last edited:
I totally agree on shoddy construction, that said I've lived in 3 college towns and the construction and aged homes that get rented blow my mind. Even my college dorm in one the larger Universities in Colo had a leak in the roof that dripped on the aisle to the cafeteria and there was giant bin there to collect the leak the entire year I lived there. It was easily twice the size of a 55 gal drum, maybe 3x. Smaller less populated states have less building codes in my experience.
in my state most of our college town homes are older buildings also. A lot older than i think this was actually.

Last edited:
I think your posts has many good points, but my observations are:
Normal middle age adults do know their phone tracks. 30-year-olds know it, 40-year-olds do, so to 50 and 70-year-olds. In fact the data show older people are more conscious of privacy implications and threats.

Sure, grandma may get phished by "John Smith" an "IRS agent" with a district Mumbai accent asking for her to pay her tax bill with Target gift cards, but on the other hand, the average 23-year-old would go catatonic if separated from their phone for five mintues. In fact actually I don't know a 20-25 year old who could find their way out of a paper bag without their phone, so there is that.

As far as DNA, I have seen plenty of forensic experts on the news and youtube spout statistics and experience of dna being likely left if perp has edged weapons'.

Well I have no degree in forensic science, but I have actually used an hilted knife in training, a couple of 12 hour sessions in advanced training with a knife after basic, and done a lot of full force stabbing of dummies with a combat knife, including rapid and very powerful stabbing and never nicked my skin the whole time. I think the forensic experts are thinking of the 99%ish percent of stabbings that involve a fight, and/or where the knife is a kitchen or EDC knife with no hilt. stab hard with a kitchen knifes, especially with hands or gloves wet with blood, and your hand slides forward and you cut yourself. NOT with a combat knife. For all we know if he wore a watch cap, and any type of gloves, maybe none of the perp's dna or prints are there, and also maybe the perp had very very little blood on him.
Diogenetic,
Thanks for your posts. They are vey, very helpful on many levels.

All this is imho- pure speculation.
At the very beginning of this I assumed this perp was gloved, possibly suited up, was prepared to commit a crime skillfully without leaving DNA evidence.
This is exactly what I am afraid of - I am afraid they don’t necessarily have a clear sample of this perp’s DNA.
Your post lends credibility to the advanced level of skill this perp has with his combat K-bar style knife and it’s chilling.
I wanted to think he was a rapist with a knife but now I think he is very possibly a murderer who is trained in combat through his profession, previous profession, or on his own accord and who purely thrill kills. He was skilled enough to rape if that was his intention but now I’m not so sure that was ever part of his mindset.
Maybe he intended to rape if he found a single female victim alone in this house but that didn’t happen.

I don’t think this is his first rodeo and horrifyingly won’t be his last unless he is caught and locked up.

This happened under cover of darkness but is the work of a very brazen, well-prepared perp. I will reiterate that imho this perp is 30-50, not a student, not someone who targeted any particular resident of the ill-fated house.This perp knew this was a house full of pretty girls who partied and he struck on a night when he knew they wold likely be inebriated and asleep.

I think it is somewhat unprecedented to keep a crime scene/ murder scene taped off for this long. They keep returning to this house. Tonight there were 5 agents who returned to X’s room and presumably took more forensic evidence.
X’s room is where the “fight back“ occurred and where the greatest chance of retrieving forensic evidence from a slipped knife or accidental wound would be.

I think he killed K and M first and fairly quickly and easily.
He may have found all three other occupied bedroom doors locked before heading up to the third floor.
After killing K and M he must have encountered E in the hallway. E heard something and went to investigate or he simply took an ill-fated bathroom break and ran into the killer who took X out last and less easily than K and M.

Exit may well have been on first floor, door not locked and blown wide open by daylight.

I hope they are running extensive checks on the group of men who used this house as a boarding house in the past and their close friends as well. But I think this perp may have easily slipped into this house and back out in the days or weeks ahead of this crime so he knew the layout completely.
Again all this is pure speculation on my part.

And yes, this horrific crime is on my mind and is disturbing my sleep. This is a nightmare crime.
Praying for the families and friends of these four victims. Praying for all their friends who lost their innocence over this crime and will live with this and carry this their entire lives.
They will have countless sleepless disturbed nights, PTDS and more. God bless them.
Praying this perp is caught and brought to swift justice so we can all sleep more easily.

It's possible they locked their doors at night since they were near the front door and annoyed by guests coming in at after party's etc. The other bedrooms are kinda tucked away.
Maybe they weren't the target.
Maybe the killer entered through the backdoor and went straight up the stairs to his right, then came down and went to other bedroom. Then simply left through the backdoor. Although I know a neighbor said the front door was open which implies the killer left through there.

Lots of stuff don't add up.
If the survivors came home at 1am and didn't call police til 11.56 am. What time did they wake up?

Were they awake in living room and kitchen and not

I am an NYC car idiot and can't tell car models apart. Walking to get the paper this morning, I saw four of this car (I now know what the logo looks like), three of them white, in a block and a half. I think this might be tough for the cops to narrow down.
If you aren't going to make citizen's arrests, we'll never close this file.

Not to start the famous dog debate again (!) but Kaylee’s sister said early on that the neighbor’s camera had recorded Kaylee taking Murphy outside (potty break) when they arrived home after Corner Club/Grub Truck. I don’t think Murphy was ever missing and LE has now stated that he was found inside the residence.

@0:40
"My sister did everything right, they went out in the buddy system, they went out together, they ubered out, they stopped and got food, they ubered home, let dog out to go potty, and then they lock their house up, they did everything right, and this still happened".

Thanks for the link. I'd missed her saying the bit in bold above.
Although she doesn't say that in the interview clip at your post, do you recall if she said that in another interview? ( Am just interested in this neighbour's camera and also that it implies that the neighbour and Alivea spoke, after the killing/shared the footage)

Thanks for the link. I'd missed her saying the bit in bold above.
Although she doesn't say that in the interview clip at your post, do you recall if she said that in another interview? ( Am just interested in this neighbour's camera and also that it implies that the neighbour and Alivea spoke, after the killing/shared the footage)
Just spitballing here, but maybe the dog wouldn't settle, puppy left alone all night, so they left it in one bedroom, maybe in a crate, and they went in the other bed together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member