ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had about a dozen U.S. Marshalls who were staying at my hotel in Alaska. They had met there from all over the country to go on a guys' vacation fishing. They were very reluctant to say what their jobs were. I got to know them while they were there because my dog always wanted them to pet him every time we saw them. They were really nice guys and my dog LOVED them.
Yes. I need to explain. I have always associated the U.S. Marshals with catching fugitives from justice. I am sure they are very commendable people.

The FBI must have a good profile on the killer. Knife deaths are the third most common murder weapon and far less than hand guns. Definitely not a female and likely a male under 45.
Re: "Knife deaths are the third most common murder weapon and far less than hand guns." Thought I would look this up. I did not know that homicides in the US in 2021 were 12x more likely to be committed by guns (of all types) than a knife:

1. Handguns - 6,012
2. Firearms, not defined - 4,740
3. Knives or cutting instruments - 1,035
4. Personal weapons (hands, etc,) - 461
5. Rifles - 447
6. Other guns - 277
7. Blunt objects - 243
8. Shotguns - 152

Source: Statista - Society›Crime & Law Enforcement
Murder victims by weapon used in the U.S 2021
Published by Statista Research Department, Oct 14, 2022

(I did not want to hotlink so as not to break the rules.)

Interesting.

Why the knife, as opposed to a gun, say?

my opinion is: hunting and the thrill of slaughter - this is someone so far gone and unwell they want a visceral personal experience and to see the whites of the victims eyes before they die. Also the quietness of it also as per hunting - must make them feel pretty powerful huh, sneaking around undetected killing whilst they slept nearby JMO MOO

my opinion is: hunting and the thrill of slaughter - this is someone so far gone and unwell they want a visceral personal experience and to see the whites of the victims eyes before they die. Also the quietness of it also as per hunting - must make them feel pretty powerful huh, sneaking around undetected killing whilst they slept nearby JMO MOO
I agree. Killing with a knife takes a different kind of person opposed to shooting. Its so up close and personal. Its like sending a message in the most disgusting way. It makes me think of the Manson murders. That was all about sending a message an in my opinion this was too.

I worked with a prep cook that murdered his girlfriend. He stabbed her 40-something times until the blade broke off in her spine. He then bandaged her up and kept her in his bed for a couple months. He continued to come to work.
He was strange…overly persistent and would sometimes corner a person to talk to them. (Sometimes about his girlfriend-even after killing her). We were blown away when we found out.
He didn’t smell like death, I don’t remember seeing any wounds on him. The restaurant was a family owned place that was a more than just a designated hangout for all the city cops. (I hid an engagement ring in an officer’s desert once so he could propose there.) None of us had a clue.

The FBI are not like public citizens. Government is not bound by infrastructure, software or law to attain information.
Government can also access Meta and Google datasets.
I think the perp has some computer skillsets but not enough network understanding of government technology.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.
We've no idea what digital tools the FBI has access to.
I think since 9/11 they've had lots of investment in technology and power to access digital information.
I think anyone with a functional brain wouldn't bring their phone to a murder, unless they were overcome with rage

I worked with a prep cook that murdered his girlfriend. He stabbed her 40-something times until the blade broke off in her spine. He then bandaged her up and kept her in his bed for a couple months. He continued to come to work.
He was strange…overly persistent and would sometimes corner a person to talk to them. (Sometimes about his girlfriend-even after killing her). We were blown away when we found out.
He didn’t smell like death, I don’t remember seeing any wounds on him. The restaurant was a family owned place that was a more than just a designated hangout for all the city cops. (I hid an engagement ring in an officer’s desert once so he could propose there.) None of us had a clue.
Wow. Key word girlfriend. The most likely person to kill a woman is a partner. That has to be really scary to be that close to a killer and not know it.

Re: "Knife deaths are the third most common murder weapon and far less than hand guns." Thought I would look this up. I did not know that homicides in the US in 2021 were 12x more likely to be committed by guns (of all types) than a knife:

1. Handguns - 6,012
2. Firearms, not defined - 4,740
3. Knives or cutting instruments - 1,035
4. Personal weapons (hands, etc,) - 461
5. Rifles - 447
6. Other guns - 277
7. Blunt objects - 243
8. Shotguns - 152

Source: Statista - Society›Crime & Law Enforcement
Murder victims by weapon used in the U.S 2021
Published by Statista Research Department, Oct 14, 2022

(I did not want to hotlink so as not to break the rules.)
Also among profiles from the FBI.
“There’s a reason the FBI keeps track of cases of cruelty to animals”

The fact that this person in the white Hyundai has NOT come forward to say anything is leading me to believe we might have the killer or killers here.
100%.

With such a high profile crime in a small town, most reasonable would just come forward, even just to clear their name. Unless they had a very strong reason not to talk to police.
Some people just hate the police though and would refuse regardless, or might have a personal gripe with LE.

So automatically the driver of the Hyundai is a strong suspect.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.
We've no idea what digital tools the FBI has access to.
I think since 9/11 they've had lots of investment in technology and power to access digital information.
I think anyone with a functional brain wouldn't bring their phone to a murder, unless they were overcome with rage
Anyone without a phone, is a suspect

The killer you describe has a lot in common with the analysis done by former FBI agent Mary Ellen O'Toole: "a cold and callous individual who engages in high-risk behavior , somebody that can come across as appearing to be normal and very attached to
that knife. "

Does anyone know if Kaylee had a part time job in Moscow or elsewhere?

I know she was living at home and just visiting and was about to move to Texas.

I know Maddie and Xana worked in a Greek restaurant.

Maybe someone from her hometown followed her. It's an hours drive. Not sure it's possible to follow someone on a highway without being noticed.
Maybe they put a tracker on her car.

Simply being annoying and loud can cause someone to kill you. The Idaho house was always loud. Simply look at who wanted peace and quiet. Example of senseless murder below.

“Balbag was struck once in the head and taken to the hospital where he later died.”

Police haven't even named a POI. 220lbs and an arrest in 3 months?<modsnip>

Killer is likely male but could weigh 160 or 280. Where are you getting 220 from?
I think the poster meant that much can be learned by LE as to the height, weight, and also whether the killer was right or left handed just by analyzing the crime scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member