ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoodie guy has been identified and is not a suspect or person of interest at this time.

Copied and pasted from the above link:
Idaho State Police tells KTVB that the man in a dark jacket and light hoodie in the video has been identified and has been interviewed as part of the routine investigation.
The man arrives when Mogen and GonCalves arrive, waits several feet behind them while they order their food, walks with them and stands right next to them as they wait for their food and is seen speaking to other people. He then leaves when the two girls leave, going in a different direction. ISP says he is not a suspect or person of interest at this time.

Last edited:
LE's statement re the surviving roommates can be seen in several ways....to allow the real sp(s) to make a mistake if they feel the heat is off of them or to put pressure on the 2 roommates to talk more if they are not participating fully. JMO

Hi fellow websleuths - Long time lurker...not first time posting(Life gets busy, I forget my login and pw, reregister, rinse and repeat). In any case, I have been a member since forever, hold this website in the highest regards to you, the members, and the mods for not allowing rampant speculation and careless posting. So hello to old and new friends.

My two pennies are regarding the six late night phone call from KG that her sister said was made between 2:26am - 2:44am. If she felt her life was in danger, why not call 911? It's hard to imagine a scenario where you believe people in your home are being murdered that you would call anyone but 911.

That said, LE/ME needs to get on one page yesterday and stop being sloppy and frankly irresponsible with information. MOO/IMO.
Welcome back to WS @Emanze!

While I don't believe the six outside calls from KG's phone were because of fear or possible threat, I do recall how weeks prior to being murdered by her ex-boyfriend, Emma Walker (TN murder) texted her ex to come to her house ASAP because she believed a ninja stalker dressed in black was pounding on her front door on a Saturday morning when she was home alone. ( Later, evidence revealed the ex was the ninja stalker).

Hoodie guy has been identified and is not a suspect or person of interest at this time.
NOT a POI everyone - the Twitch stream offers LE clarity for the timeline, but it's unlikely (IMO) that anyone else who happened to be ordering food, probably after drinking / partying, on a Saturday night, would have anything to do with the murders. Thank you for posting.

The fact that she made 6 calls so late is very interesting . Yes it could have been drunk dialing but it needs to be noted . If it wasn’t drunk dialing and they were calling because something was concerning them it makes me think maybe it was someone they kind of knew that was causing a commotion. They weren’t scared enough to call police but they felt uncomfortable and she was trying to call J to let him know . Maybe someone was there and wouldn’t leave ? Was upset about something and arguing . Causing kaylee to make these phone calls . Maybe the person left angry and didn’t really leave . Waited till lights went out , came back in and revenge killed . Moo

LE's statement re the surviving roommates can be seen in several ways....to allow the real sp(s) to make a mistake if they feel the heat is off of them or to put pressure on the 2 roommates to talk more if they are not participating fully. JMO
That would sure put the roommates in a difficult situation if they were innocent though.

Hi fellow websleuths - Long time lurker...not first time posting(Life gets busy, I forget my login and pw, reregister, rinse and repeat). In any case, I have been a member since forever, hold this website in the highest regards to you, the members, and the mods for not allowing rampant speculation and careless posting. So hello to old and new friends.

My two pennies are regarding the six late night phone call from KG that her sister said was made between 2:26am - 2:44am. If she felt her life was in danger, why not call 911? It's hard to imagine a scenario where you believe people in your home are being murdered that you would call anyone but 911.

That said, LE/ME needs to get on one page yesterday and stop being sloppy and frankly irresponsible with information. MOO/IMO.
some people get sentimental or angry late at night- without knowing what the calls were "about" it might not have been safety IMO

I think some higher-up in LE should have a talk with this Coroner and the Sheriff. It's very clear the prosecution of this case is going to have to end up in a different county where there is more LE and prosecutorial talent.

They are just making everything so much worse for the eventual DA and so much better for a defense attorney by chattering on about the evidence and possibly tainting the jury pool.

There is a darn good reason why really effective law enforcement and prosecution have very controlled press conferences and all stick to the same information and wordage.

If I were one of the family members, I'd be furious with the Coroner and I'd be in the Sheriff's office giving them a piece of my mind.

I'm not sure why all police and detectives immediately go to "crime of passion"

A jealous or spurned ex that has the capability to stab FOUR people to death must have significant mental health issues (or hard drugs in their system) and would have clear visible marks or bruises. I say nah.

Gang / drug related? A knife is overboard they would use a gun execution style. No again.

I tend to think this could be a deranged person or lone stalker who has the confidence and ability to enter a house and kill four people with a long knife. It it's up there with the audacity of Ted Bundy or Richard Speck. College campuses are rife with creeps like this.

MOO

Last edited:
Rebecca Rosenberg, "University of Idaho murders: police can't say if survivors are witnesses or suspects," FOX News, 18 November 2022.
<snipped & BBM>
The female roommates who were home when four Idaho college students were savagely stabbed to death Sunday in a house near campus haven't been ruled out as suspects, an official told Fox News Digital.

"These are people who may have seen the crime but on the flip side may have committed the crime," said Aaron Snell, communications director for the Idaho State Police. "We don’t know if they are witnesses, victims or suspects, so until we do a thorough investigation, naming them would be inappropriate."

Snell added that the roommates had been "fully cooperative."
This is a really weird thing to say about the roommates. Especially since they specifically are saying the hoodie guy is NOT a suspect or POI at this time. Huh.

Long time lurker here!

I think authorities will need to go through historical call logs to determine if frequent consecutive calls were a normal thing for her after a night out. If there's a historical pattern, it could be regarded as normal behavior. If not, that would raise red flags for me.

MOO.

• Xana Kernodle, Ethan Chapin, Madison Mogen and Kaylee Goncalves were murdered on Sunday in their home
  • The six-bedroom, three-story house is a 17-minute walk from the University of Idaho campus
  • Xana's father Jeffrey says the only way to get inside the home is with a combination to code on the front door
  • The only other way a killer may have entered would be through the sliding door next to the kitchen
  • The slow pace of the police investigation is enraging the victims' families and terrifying the local community
  • It has now been almost a week since the killings but police have not made any arrests or named a suspect
  • Ethan's father Jim begged authorities to 'speak the truth, share what you know' and 'find the assailant'
  • A boy seen with Madison and Kaylee an hour before they were killed in a video at a food truck is 'cooperating with police'
  • Police still have not ruled out the two other roommates in the house as persons of interest or suspects

So...do you all think LE has a clue or not? At first I did. Now I am worried that they do not.
I am not ready to decide how I feel on that yet, I have noticed recently it seems to take longer for info and arrests, and I think this partly may be them trying to get good solid evidence and facts in place to make an arrest and to make it stick. I think LE now looks at the prospect of everything holding up in court, I think they are under a lot of scrutiny and pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288