ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
One major issue with LE releasing any information regarding POI or suspects before they are sure and/or an arrest is made is that is can be used by a defense attorney as an alternative theory of the crime.... creating reasonable doubt.
The same is true unfortunately of SG comments. He could be called to talk about his thinking the investigators were so incompetent he hired his own,?? Words can come back and do the opposite of what SG wants... justice.

The other issue I think is a mistake is to assume just because this is a small town police force that the police are inexperienced small town type.

Numerous, so called big city cops, after years in high crime cities, will seek out jobs in smaller communities.
It would be a mistake IMO to write this department off as Andy and Barney just because they are not ready for prime time tv and not media savvy.

I've been looking for anything to support the idea that one of them wore a fitbit, as that would upload heart rate changes, which could indicate time of death as happening before 4 AM. So far nothing. No fitbit. No witnesses. Maybe it's a wider time of death, but why 6 AM? Is it because they had just eaten pasta and digested some food? Would alcohol slow down the process?
There's a pic of Kaylee wearing an apple watch - that could do the same if she was wearing it

Exactly....!

MOO:

It makes no sense this was not done 1st thing in this case.

LE would want to get to those 10 or 12 businesses along entrance and escape routes to and from the crime to at the very least preserve the video (prevent it from being erased / overwritten) and then analyze for leads, suspicious activity, suspicious vehicles, etc.
It’s a problem.

Last edited:
Wow, sure does look like it. View attachment 387353

Car on street view (Nissan Altima) compared to a stock image of an Elantra(image chosen isn’t of a white Elantra). Note the back lights from the side, very different. You can also see the word ‘Altima’ on the back of the car on Hansen Ave.

Attachments

• 3E2F5115-4DA0-4ACB-96C5-A4ABE69E4968.jpeg
    3E2F5115-4DA0-4ACB-96C5-A4ABE69E4968.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 8E2D71E5-ADED-46CF-A96B-A2A9BD716F7D.jpeg
    8E2D71E5-ADED-46CF-A96B-A2A9BD716F7D.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 15
Wait, is it standard procedure to put up tape if they are just obtaining video footage???:oops:
IDK. but maybe they erred on the side of caution and didn't want anyone else coming in at the time. Maybe they didn't know it was only for video? IMO probably no one wants to make an error or assumption with so much focus on the town, just a guess.

There's a pic of Kaylee wearing an apple watch - that could do the same if she was wearing it
If she was wearing an apple watch, it would be synced with her phone and laptop, so her data would be uploaded live. If police believe she was killed before 4 AM, the watch could confirm that. Her heart beat would be recorded as rapid when she was attacked, and then flat.

Car on street view (Nissan Altima) compared to a stock image of an Elantra(image chosen isn’t of a white Elantra). Note the back lights from the side, very different. You can also see the word ‘Altima’ on the back of the car on Hansen Ave.
Good catch. The idea of using Google street view may still pan out North east of the gas station

yep. quite possible. I once slept through a police swat team and helicopter in my very silent safe neighborhood. right between my house and the next. so did my two big dogs. <modsnip - response to snipped portion> just the location of the rooms and the obvious sound-reduction that might come from being built into the earth/slope, yep, quite possible imo. imo I think that if the roommates knew anything, they'd have spoken up. now I don't actually think the killer rolled up to the front door in an uber or anything, but yep, the roommates def could've slept thru it imo.
In this article, a person who says they formerly lived in the downstairs / bottom floor of the same house the murders took place in said "it was difficult to hear activity on the second and third floors of the home from the first, where he lived.":

Idaho murders: Former first floor tenant of Moscow home says he couldn’t hear activity from other floors - 1010 WCSI.

Last edited by a moderator:
No that is an Altima. I got a screenshot from behind it but when trying to post system says it is too large for server. If you go to this address on google street view,just get closer and maneuver to come up behind it and zoom in and you’ll see. MOO
Ok, thanks, Let's try the other streets

@gliving alerted me about a post of mine from November 19, before the white car was mentioned:

Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4'
ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

I had posted a video early on, November 19, to show the road behind up the hill, and wondering if maybe the perp used it or more specifically parked up there for a quick exit route. It seems I had tagged the “white car” passing as a reference point to show the spot, as it’s a quick bleep in the video.

Well, zooming in on that car, after @gliving reached out, and doing a side by side.....it sure looks very similar...thoughts??

November 19

—————

Now, if it is an Elantra, whether that is or is not the “actual” car, what a crazy coincidence. More importantly, say it IS the car, this would be straight out of Austin Reed Sigg, the perp who killed little Jessica Ridgeway: He returned to the area where the cops were searching, in his vehicle, and drove around filming the cops searching and even posted it on YouTube.

Is this the same type of car?????

If you guys think it is, then LE needs to be notified immediately.

—-

Eta: Calling in the big dogs: @carbuff
Looks like a compact SUV to me?

Chilling if this is in fact the guy and he is on his way to the house.
Would that route be more likely to indicate that he was coming into town from the interstate? If so, would he be more likely a random s.k.?

Looks like a compact SUV to me?

I’m behind in the convo but screen shotted it, zoomed in to match the size of the photo at the article below and did a side by side... I’m seeing some major similarities. Jmo

Another expert weighs in.

At one time coroner's where MDs specializing in forensics pathology. My father was a pathologist and substituted for the city coroner. He did not have a law degree but could write the reports. If it has become more of a public office, then I can see how a law degree with a medical background and using a pathologist to report findings would work. If it is difficult to fill such a position at city / state pay, I can see how that can evolve in that way. Look up a definition mine says an MD specializing in forensic pathology
In our area, the coroner is an elected official. The current one is a mortician at a funeral home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon