ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just to clarify because I feel like you would remember better than me, the gas station video still was from a worker at the gas station and not actual released by LE, correct? I think that’s where people are getting confused!

That picture alone isn’t what LE is going off of is my point.
In fact that picture was only found after LE put out the call to look for 2011-2013 white Elantras. So they're not going off that picture at all.

IMO the FBI know what car model they are looking for. I find it hard to believe they would release this specific model and age range to the public if they were hazarding a guess and not certain.
Wouldn't they narrow the search for the car down to less than 22,000 if they knew the year?

This crime is beyond that of a jealous ex. Killing 3 additional people means that this killer is a real lunatic. I doubt that it's anyone that they are "friends" with. I think it's a stranger or someone on the outskirts of their circle... like a Tier 3 acquaintance. I wish LE would actually say who they think the target was. It's a lot of wasted energy discussing every piece of KG's life which may be totally irrelevant if the crime was actually about X&E or otherwise.
Or, as they have said repeatedly, "the residence".

investigators have not concluded if the target was the residence or its occupants.

Wouldn't they narrow the search for the car down to less than 22,000 if they knew the year?
It absolutely would narrow it down but they are going off of numerous pieces of video footage of a vehicle seen from the side. If they had the front or back view clearly of the vehicle, they would just get the plate number and we wouldn’t be asking for the driver or the owner of the Elantra to come forward. Also, what a lot of people don’t realize is there is a certain breaking point of when a car is built and the actual year it is! So a car built in November of 2011 is actually considered a 2012… but a car built in April of 2012 is still a 2012. You have a few years of the same body style!

Or, as they have said repeatedly, "the residence".

investigators have not concluded if the target was the residence or its occupants.
Whatever that means. Some rando saw a bunch of pretty girls that partied often and targeted the entire house. The occupants would still be the target. No one is mad at the house and if they were, they could burn it down.

I'm not following your point.

Kaylee is the one who asks Maddie "what did you say to Adam?" and then Maddie says "I told Adam everything."

Which, if I understand your reasoning correctly, would have to imply that Kaylee is the one who would have "a big motivation for murder." Obviously that can't be what happened here.

And Adam was still bartending at the Corner Club while the girls were walking to the grub truck, so he himself wouldn't even know about this conversation. Unless the guy walking with them, identified as HG, called Adam and told him, but that still wouldn't matter, IMO. Again, it was Kaylee who demanded to know what Maddie told Adam, and both Kaylee and Maddie were the victims here.

Jmo
I took Jawds78 post a different way...that it's possible somethings were discussed with A about a fourth person who's knows K, M and A that may get back to that fourth person.

Timeline:
2:45-3:15 White Elantra caught on video going Westbound on Taylor Ave between Linda Lane and King Rd, perhaps turned up King Rd to closer walking distance of 1122.
3:00-4:00 murders occurred
3:12 am possible scream or tires screach sound
The Getaway:
We have no report of Elantra going back Eastbound on Taylor Ave, so let's suppose the perp was driving the Elantra, the only other way out of the neighborhood, is to take Walenta, but at some point the driver would have to leave Walenta to avoid curving back into Taylor Ave or Lauder Ave, which would return partially on same path he came in.
To avoid this he could turn from Walenta toward the south say on Conestoga Dr, maybe joining Sand Rd / Palouse River Dr so he could head east past Hwy 8.and points east.
3:45 am white car (unconfirmed if could be Elantra) seen speeding back Westbound on White Ave approaching Hwy 8 / Troy Rd, at the Exxon-Mobil station. (maybe he had to ditch his bloody clothing in here somewhere, in case he got pulled over)
We know LE request in or gathered video from Mobil station, a gym (Functional Fitness?), a ID state liquor store, towns of Troy, and Kendrick.
Highway 8 heading ESE and E seems to be the commonality among all these, so maybe the Elantra headed left on Troy Rd going ESE from White Ave.
Leaving town by Hwy 8 (a quieter road) makes more sense than traveling on US-95, which would have more traffic, witnesses, cameras, state police, etc.
2.45-3.15 drive white Elantra past outside of 1122 check all cars are there and lights off - park car in Walenta street and walk through wooded area to back of property.

Leave in car via Walenta heading back through on to Taylor avenue. MOO

No one is mad at the house and if they were, they could burn it down.
The word target does not inherently imply that the killer was "mad" at the victim. I could relate the stories of dozens of killers who targeted their victims for reasons ranging from being easy prey (like prostitutes and hitch hikers) to looking like someone they were rejected by, to someone they considered attractive.

In the case of this residence, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it is dark, has a huge, dark back yard from which to spy on the occupants, has several windows without curtains, no cameras, no security system, and while in a neighborhood that is fairly high occupancy, is strangely remote.

A target of opportunity.

Could the Elentra be a commonly rented car from Hertz, Avis, or Enterprise? Hopefully the police will check into that angle.

I doubt that a major car company like those three would be renting out a ten-year-old car.

It absolutely would narrow it down but they are going off of numerous pieces of video footage of a vehicle seen from the side. If they had the front or back view clearly of the vehicle, they would just get the plate number and we wouldn’t be asking for the driver or the owner of the Elantra to come forward. Also, what a lot of people don’t realize is there is a certain breaking point of when a car is built and the actual year it is! So a car built in November of 2011 is actually considered a 2012… but a car built in April of 2012 is still a 2012. You have a few years of the same body style!
I don't see a significant change in body style until 2016. It makes me think the info put out is not from the picture, but from someone who actually saw the car. JMO

I wonder if the killer is a Elliot Rodger type or school shooter type. An injustice collector who was jealous of the lifestyle of the victims. That is what was "targeted". Not E, X, M or K specifically.

He could have watched them party from the balcony side of the house and may have not known about the downstairs bedrooms.

I think attack was to angry/ hate filled to be a jealous ex or stalker.

Very valid points. I am someone who’s worked shift work the majority of my life, I’m astounded by co-workers and students who haven’t a clue as to what’s going on in our country or world for that matter. It’s also possible the car was “borrowed” and the owner has no clue. Just some thoughts.

I doubt that a major car company like those three would be renting out a ten-year-old car.

It would be great if the car was a rental. You would have a paper trail to track it down. Can't be that many rented. But I highly doubt any rental companies have cars that old..

About the criticism of seasoned professionals offering their insight into the psychopathic murderer, I don’t agree that they are starting rumors or innuendo.
I would argue instead that the absence of some kind of Profile would be warranted at this stage.
What could possibly cause more fear? Folks young and old are looking over their shoulders, wondering if that guy or that guy or that woman could be the Offender or accomplice.

This was the rational for not releasing a Profile 2 weeks after the murders, interview with Snell 11/27:
"Obviously, you've got somebody that's on the loose right now. There's a lot of fear with the public based on what you guys have been able to collect. And you have profilers on the team, BAU unit is here, why not go ahead and release that profile?" Jones asked.

The Idaho police communications director answered: "It will potentially put more fear, more suspicion on a wide variety of people versus if we use that to really refine where we're at in our investigation. I think that will be more pertinent."

He added: "And so if we just provide information to the public, I just don't think that that's going to be a wise choice."

Regarding the video of the noise complaint from 1st September), maybe it’s just me but I find it odd that a party is going on at the house & none of the actual housemates are there? Just wondering if this is normal in college towns? MOO
Yes, but it is usually from guys. I. also. live in a college town right up the highway from Moscow. College kids party hard in the West. I attended college on the East Coast and did not experience nearly as hard partying.

Yes it would narrow the search down significantly you would think. But because they don't have the licence plate they can't be more specific. The 2011-2013 Elantras models look the same.
Oh, I understand now. I thought you meant they knew the year. I didn't realize those three years were the same model car. That does make it harder to narrow it down.

All three years models are exactly the same? No differences at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23