ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
As if the killer was in a stolen Elantra prior to the murder? Or, it's just a coincidence it's a white Elantra from Colorado?

Because in my opinion, this is the car they've been looking for.
Could be either but seems more likely to be coincidence. It was missing the plate and abandoned for days because it was stolen. Weird thing is that the front bumper is dragging on the ground. It doesn't look drivable, yet it obviously didn't crash right there.

I don’t think there was anything off in this interview, at all.

Ethan was actually in his second year, according to MSM early in this case, but had only amassed enough credits to be a freshman.

They may have known him longer than three months, then, but IMO this is still an acceptable response from the frat guy.

These are kids who are moving from immaturity towards adult life. It is shocking for kids to have their friends become murder victims, particularly right in their vicinity. Each one may be having his own trouble processing this.

This kid, IMO, answered correctly that he discussed whatever he knew with three LE agencies. He did not want to share it with a reporter.

I don’t know if he was truly in a hurry to get to class, but he certainly didn’t want to discuss it, which is his right.
Totally agree that he answered the question well by saying he had already talked to LE and then not blabbing anything about it to this journalist. Good on him. I also agree that it would be very rattling (to say the least) to have experienced friends or people you know being murdered, literally just a few minutes' walk away from where you live. All of these students must be dealing with so much emotionally and mentally. I feel awful for them.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Ethan was a freshman, meaning this guy would have only known him less than 3 months (assuming school and rush start in late August/early September), whereas Xana was a junior, meaning he could have known her for a little over two years. Most of the time a fraternity or sorority president is at least a junior in college, so my guess is he probably didn't really know Ethan all that well + was a bit blindsided by being approached by a reporter while trying to go to class. Bearing these things in mind, I don't really find anything to be odd about the interview or what he said. JMO
Ethan was classified as a freshman, but this was apparently his second year. Might not have had enough credits to qualify yet as a sophomore, even thought this was his second year at U of Idaho.

That account is not on any legitimate sites that I am aware of. LE’s official account is:

“On November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call was made from one of the surviving roommates’ cell phones inside the residence. Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before Moscow Police arrived at the location. Officers entered the residence and found two victims on the second floor and two victims on the third floor.”

Thanks. Although if you read carefully the way it's written you can see why it's absurd and the other version is most likely true.

A retired FBI agent believes the person who stabbed four University of Idaho students to death is a man due to the "ferociousness" of the attack.

Well, I think we all figured that one out! You don't have to be a retired FBI agent!

New info on the car will probably lead to a breakthrough. They've been looking for it since the start of the investigation.
No, I don't believe that's the case. The fsct LE were looking for a white car was only known approx. 3 weeks afterwards.

In Entin’s twitter post today about two men entering the house? Yes, I see a security guard car right in front of the house; the two men interact with the security guard. And AFAIK there are only two cars there during shift changes.
Yes, that is the Entin post we were discussing. She was not in security, got in her car and left when they did.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:
Could be either but seems more likely to be coincidence. It was missing the plate and abandoned for days because it was stolen. Weird thing is that the front bumper is dragging on the ground. It doesn't look drivable, yet it obviously didn't crash right there.
IMO that's too much of a coincidence.

Abandoned crashed car, no license plate and now traced back to Colorado. Also in another college town.

Call me crazy but I'm seeing a pattern here:

Sandra Ladd - June 13, 2020
Travis & Jamilyn Juetten - August 13, 2021
XEM&K - November 13, 2022

Likely attacked in bed, while asleep, with a knife. All the incidents happened between 3 and 4 a.m. on the 13th of the month, 14 & 15 months apart. Cooling off period?
BINGO!
ALL done on the 13TH??? Also just a little over a year apart in spacing.

Ethan was a second year freshman; this was his 2nd year at college (he did not have enough credits to officially be classified as a sophomore from what I’ve read.) I don’t know if he’s been with the fraternity since his 1st year though.

MOO
Maybe he had to drop some classes that were too challenging for him in his first year at college? Could be why he was still classified as a Freshman.

Well, I think we all figured that one out! You don't have to be a retired FBI agent!
Ditto what you said about we already figured that out.

From that link, is this something released just recently? Imo we don't know the following:

"They and a group of friends called 911 after finding one of the victims unresponsive in their beds, thinking they had passed out."

Thank you, that's very interesting; I hadn't heard this. So even though he was in his 3rd year, his earned credits only classified him as a freshman? I have worked as a faculty member at universities for the past 15 years and if this is the case, I'm really surprised he was allowed to stay in his academic program (major), stay in his fraternity without being on some form of academic probation, and/or to remain enrolled in the university with that lack of progress. All universities obviously vary in their criteria for a student to remain in good academic standing, but I find that pretty shocking. Could I ask where you got this information? That would make the interview perhaps a bit more interesting if he had been in the fraternity 2+ years and all the president could say was, "he was always here" although he also might have just been blindsided and not wanting to talk to reporters.

**EDIT - just saw several people say he was in his 2nd year (sophomore) but only enough credits to qualify as a freshman. That makes much more sense than him being a 3rd year but classified as a freshman. Thanks to those who responded!
I'm sorry, the source is here, I spent several minutes searching but the search tools are quite limited. It's way back in earlier threads.

The right front tire is flat; the crumple zones on the hood are folded almost to the limit; the bumper cover is almost completely off but in the photos lies clear of the front crossmember. The radiator seems to be intact and there is no obvious fluid stain of either coolant or lubricant. Damage is slightly biased, as in the RF fender is near intact whereas the LF is displaced and crumpled....SO
I believe the car hit something like a truck while moving forward; which probably happened very near the intersection where it lies. I think the last movement it made before coming to a halt was in reverse: thus the bumper cover was not under the front end but lying free away from the underside of the front. It may have run into the rear of a stationary truck; hooked the bumper cover; reversed away from the truck and was subsequently backed into the location where it was found.
All MOO from observation of the 4-photos only

All IMHO
Statistically, given where it was found (not precise location but that roadside), its condition and that a homeless person was found living in it, I'd give the odds of the vehicle being connected to the crime as quite low.
(And it possibly having ties to CO and or TX don't change those odds given the amount of vehicles in those states) MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member