ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting to me that the two roommates who were spared were also the ones who stayed home that night.

I wonder if all four of the victims were together at the bar after Ethan and Xana left the party, and some kind of incident or altercation occurred there? imo
Has it been confirmed the two stayed home all night?

From Moscow police

"
Investigators have determined that Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle were seen at the Sigma Chi house on the University of Idaho Campus at 735 Nez Perce Drive. At approximately 1:45 a.m., Ethan and Xana are believed to have returned to the residence at 1122 King Road. It was previously reported that Ethan resided at the home; however, it has been determined that he was only visiting.
Two other roommates were at the residence that night."

Has it been confirmed the two stayed home all night?
"Investigators have determined that Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle were seen at the Sigma Chi house on the University of Idaho Campus at 735 Nez Perce Drive. At approximately 1:45 a.m., Ethan and Xana are believed to have returned to the residence at 1122 King Road. It was previously reported that Ethan resided at the home; however, it has been determined that he was only visiting.
Two other roommates were at the residence that night."

According to Moscow Police Facebook page, they were home. I don't know if I am allowed to post the link.

In this article, it says the surviving roommates “declined” to call 911. Is there significance to the use of the word declined here? Does this mean they were home and aware and did not call, or was this persons statement misquoted?

Thanks!!! I don't care I just thought it was a good question lol.
It was a good question, and I don't think we have a clear answer yet. Give the mods a break, this thread is moving so fast that it's virtually impossible to keep up, let alone monitor.

As for the question of which floor the survivors were on, it makes more sense to me that they would have been on the top floor. I once lived in a 2 story apartment, and my first lease was on the first floor. I heard almost everything that went on in the floor above me. When I renewed my lease, I moved to the top floor and never heard anything again.

In this article, it says the surviving roommates “declined” to call 911. Is there significance to the use of the word declined here? Does this mean they were home and aware and did not call, or was this persons statement misquoted?

Just sounds like bad writing to me.

I lived in a house similar to this in college. 3 stories, 2 entrances. In our house, there was a reinforced door dividing the 1st floor from the 2nd/3rd level.

IMO, the roommates that survived likely locked that door often for separation/safety at night. The perp may have known that if they were an acquaintance.

Bad headline writing, most likely.

Here's the only use of the word in the text: "Fry also declined to say if the two people spoke with police."

Why do you think they are now saying private party? Was the sister just mistaken and interpreted the Ring camera footage as Uber without actually seeing the Uber charge on Caylee's account?
I was wondering that. Ubers are a popular mode of transportation, especially when drinking, and she assumed it was an Uber -car pulls up, girls get out without really conversing with driver (as in saying/waving goodbye to a friend), car drives away. Unlike a taxi, Uber cars do not have identifiers stating they are Ubers. They are personal cars driven by people contracted by Uber, self employed people. All cars are different. I know that my college age kids take Ubers a lot, as do I at times. I would have assumed the same.

It's interesting to me that the two roommates who were spared were also the ones who stayed home that night.

I wonder if all four of the victims were together at the bar after Ethan and Xana left the party, and some kind of incident or altercation occurred there? imo

Do we know that the surviving roommates stayed home that night? I haven't seen this reported in MSM. Do you have a link?

I was wondering that. Ubers are a popular mode of transportation, especially when drinking, and she assumed it was an Uber -car pulls up, girls get out without really conversing with driver (as in saying/waving goodbye to a friend), car drives away. Unlike a taxi, Uber cars do not have identifiers stating they are Ubers. They are personal cars driven by people contracted by Uber, self employed people. All cars are different. I know that my college age kids take Ubers a lot, as do I at times. I would have assumed the same.
Exactly. I believe we only heard 'Uber' from the sister initially, not the police. imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288