ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 40 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he has been on their suspect list for some time. The key is the white Elantra. I’m sure LE put a database together of social media followers of victims. Then once the white car clue arrives they put together a database of Elantra owners or Elantra drivers in the area that had car service. Then they compare the social media and car databases and anyone on both lists is on LE’s suspect list. Finally some dna evidence is found so LE sneaks some dna evidence from people on their suspect list. LE then has their prime suspect with a dna match
Brilliant you are. I was stuck on GPS, a tracking device, or else a possible cell phone trace/geofencing. This is so tragic too.

Why wouldn't WSU have had his auto on file?
If he didn‘t use university parking. A car would be on file if he had a parking permit. Parking is always tough on or near campuses; many students park nearby and walk or live in nearby off-campus housing. I spent years in grad school and never parked in a U lot.

"His DNA matched material at the scene."

This doesn’t surprise me one bit, because I really think he got “caught” by Ethan and Xana and had to fight them to get away. I think his intent was to kill one or both of the upstairs victims.

I think he knew, for at least a couple of weeks, that they were onto him. The constant drum beat of that Elantra. He had to rethink every moment of Nov 12-13 and wonder what they had. I was convinced they had found the Elantra two weeks ago, because while it was still up on the MPD website as an ask from the public, Chief Fry started shifting to other topics (and then to context).

He must have had some idea that his DNA was left at the scene. Or something else got dropped.

He knew it was just a matter of time. IMO.

I agree that it seemed like things had changed the last few weeks. Chief Fry, IMO, seemed more relaxed and was presenting with calm confidence that they would find the killer. I wasn’t sure if it was the new PIO or was I imagining or reading something into it, but now I think they must have known who it was and they were just buying time to track him down and button up the case…hence the calm and confidence. The timing also jives with them removing personal items and now cleaning and releasing the house back to owner. MOO

"His DNA matched material at the scene."

And FBI out of Philadelphia had had him under surveillance for four days while they worked to get probable cause evidrnce. (Probably getting his DNA on the sly?)

MOO

I was very impressed reading your theory yesterday that this would be an older, socially awkward student or grad student that was still hanging on to campus life (along with your own personal experience of dealing with this profile). A lot more details will come out soon, but I think you nailed it.
Yup. I got chills when I read it. It scared me at the time, and here we are. Why was he in Washington for his PhD? Was school his safe space, did he actually have an aspiration that required it, or could he not get a job?

If he didn‘t use university parking. A car would be on file if he had a parking permit. Parking is always tough on or near campuses; many students park nearby and walk or live in nearby off-campus housing. I spent years in grad school and never parked in a U lot.
Maybe someone in his apartment complex turned him in, for the car. Or maybe someone he dated. Or at some Quik Lube, had he been to one recently.

I think he has been on their suspect list for some time. The key is the white Elantra. I’m sure LE put a database together of social media followers of victims. Then once the white car clue arrives they put together a database of Elantra owners or Elantra drivers in the area that had car service. Then they compare the social media and car databases and anyone on both lists is on LE’s suspect list. Finally some dna evidence is found so LE sneaks some dna evidence from people on their suspect list. LE then has their prime suspect with a dna match
Wonder if the car was on file at his University for parking privileges? For a TA sticker or special parking area? People in his small circle (school, apartment, etc) will be interviewed by reporters/LE obviously. Maybe the car was garaged and he rarely drove it anywhere, so he didn't think it would be an important link back to him? For instance, maybe he was known to ride a bike everywhere?

The car was found in pennsylvania, does this mean he drove 34 hours? Perhaps he intended on leaving the car there, perhaps it was registered there and he brought it to Idaho specifically for this purpose? Less likely that LE find or suspect the car if it’s registered in pennsylvania.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni