ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 40 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the case broke open after law enforcement asked the public for help finding a white Hyundai Elantra sedan seen near the home around the time of the killings. The Moscow Police Department made the request Dec. 7, and by the next day had to direct tips to a special FBI call center because so many were coming in. By mid-December, investigators were working through nearly 12,000 tips and had identified more than 22,000 vehicles matching that make and model.

How strong is the compulsion to kill that some risk their freedom to commit murder?
BK is likely sitting in a cell at this moment, and will probably never be a “free” man from this day forward. From what I’m reading regarding his food compulsions/preferences, this will be especially unpleasant for him.

Getting away with murder is no easy task, let alone 4 murders. Just wondering out loud, but what is it like to want to kill so badly that you risk your own life? I guess I’m glad I don’t understand, but it’s really hard to comprehend.

I am anticipating a "brilliant" doctorate level Manifesto being found...

:rolleyes:
I agree with you! But I also think while he originally had an interest in the forensic field it sounds like over time, it morphed into trying to commit the perfect crime. I want more information but it sounds like the OCD took over and instead of being an asset to his line of studies, it went to the dark side.

To tell you the absolute truth, when I found out that he was a PhD in ciminology, the first person I thought of was "Dexter". {{shiver}}

Moo-

As crazy as your opinion sounds… for someone to be capable of this crime they’d have to be completely crazy.

I genuinely think your thoughts could be possible. Especially someone getting their PHD in Criminology.
I don't think they have to be completely crazy. I've followed many cases where the killers are cold and calculating and calm. They aren't legally insane at the time. They know full well what they want to do, how and when to do it. Completely in touch with reality.

"Idaho murders: Police serve search warrant at Bryan Christopher Kohberger's home in Pullman, WA" Link: Idaho murders: Police serve search warrant at Bryan Christopher Kohberger's home in Pullman, WA

Pullman is 15 min away from Moscow according to google maps.

"Comfort Zones" Link: Serial killers and their comfort zones.
Text:
"killers have comfort zones because they want to avoid surprises.

When a killer is committing his crimes, he does not want any curve balls thrown into the mix.

As a result, he will often try and stick to a place that he is familiar with.

The benefits are obvious.

1. He knows most of the streets and back alleys.
  2. He knows the best routes to take.
  3. The local park, industrial park and river are all places that he has visited on numerous occasions.
  4. He has a good idea of where other people are likely and unlikely to be.
  5. Furthermore, he has a pretty good knowledge of all the “hidden” sites that are “off the beaten track”. Areas where he can go undisturbed."

I agree with you! But I also think while he originally had an interest in the forensic field it sounds like over time, it morphed into trying to commit the perfect crime. I want more information but it sounds like the OCD took over and instead of being an asset to his line of studies, it went to the dark side.

To tell you the absolute truth, when I found out that he was a PhD in ciminology, the first person I thought of was "Dexter". {{shiver}}
@OldLadyBlues Why Dexter? He was a vigilante. What do you think the 4 murdered college students did to justify to Bryan that they should be killed? Have you watched the show? Honest questions.

It's hard to tell what's confirmed and what's conjecture and what's rumor, even on the major news stations right now.

I heard "trash can" (MOO) but it was in print - I just can't find it. We'll hear soon enough.

Where did you go to school that required a background check and fingerprinting? Never heard of such a thing.

Me neither! So I'm curious too. Where I work, employees do have to be fingerprinted though (I think it's state law and it's been in place since the 1980's). But not students.

Not the person you were asking, but LE went to Troy and another town and picked up video about an Elantra about 2 weeks ago. After that, they grew less intense about mentioning the Elantra. That's why I believed they had "made" the Elantra and it was headed east. Although, I believed the murderer might have just chosen to hide out in eastern Idaho or, more likely. Montana.

Looks like the guy went home to mommy and daddy, to me. MOO. A lot of us had a "failure to launch" kind of guy on our short list, regardless of other traits, and I think that's what we're seeing here.

JMO.
He seems like an ambitious young man who worked towards a PhD so he could be an expert in his field. Perhaps he had ambitions to teach and research. It's not surprising that he was at his parent's home during the Christmas break.

Since his recent survey was about how victims are selected and what someone thinks and feels during and after committing a crime, I wonder whether he will tell us about his experience.

"In college, he was a student investigator for a survey that explored people’s actions, thoughts, and feelings when they committed crimes. ...

“Why did you choose that victim or target over others?” Another reads, “After committing the crime, what were you thinking and feeling?”

Heavy: Five Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member