ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
His date of birth is 21st of November, meaning that 8 days after the killings he turned 28. My first thought was that he was presenting himself with a birthday present. It is crazy, but there is nothing sane related to this crime.

true. His birthdate and the address and date of killing are intriguing coincidences, aren't they? and yes, my mind returns back to the other unsolved stabbings in OR on the 13th. Of he was obsessed with numbers...it would explain a lot.

From the beginning, this reminded me of the Danny Rollings case. His father was a member of law enforcement. He admitted he used what he knew of crime scene investigation to carry out the murders in Gainesville many years ago.
*"When you consider that most of these guys are angry, ineffectual losers who feel they've been given the shaft by life, and that most of them have experienced some sort of physical or emotional abuse, as Ed Kemper had, it isn't surprising that one of their main fantasy occupations is police officer." -- John E. Douglas, FBI profiler.

Thank's for sharing this, I appreciate that!

So then it doesn't feel like a generic "individual or individuals" notion LE would use when they aren't sure whether more than one person was inside. Seems to me there may be more to this case than just BK...
You're welcome.

Certainly not something to be discounted just yet, I don't believe.

I do agree that both sides can deserve empathy. jmo. one thing that may be a mitigating factor for the parents is if the HE is not an exact match. IDK.

I'd have gone with a long-shot guess, but she's not licensed to practice in Idaho. Yet lol.

I'm guessing that possibly one of his family members had their DNA uploaded to one of the sites that traces your DNA like Ancestry.com. Assuming that LE has access to those sites? JMO
GEDmatch is a DNA site that allows those who have uploaded their DNA to "opt in" to allow your DNA to be made available for police use.

If you want to find a weapon it certainly is. If you want to find a reason why, tips can help. If you want to see where he traveled (see weapon disposal and possible clothing worn), tips will help. Lots of good reasons for tips now that people know WHO it is.
And it’s possible a store in Pullman, WA may recall this guy purchasing said weapon there. Also, what about video evidence in Pullman? I also wonder if they checked Amazon or other online purchases?

The long-anticipated arrest in this case, the doubt in the LE, and the general strangeness of everything reminds me a bit of the manhunt case in Canada a few years back. The relief that they caught this guy reminds me of how I felt (others too, I assume) when they finally found those suspects dead.

Like most people I have not given lE the consideration they deserve for not immediately solving this crime. It just seemed with all the forensic evidence available, cameras etc a suspect should have been identified sooner. There's been some discussion about the suspect studying in the field of criminology. I know it is a stretch but it appears he had a particular interest in the emotional component of committing a crime. Leopold and Loeb killed to experience what is was like; the suspect here appears to have taken his field work too far. I am always fascinated when reasonably intelligent people commit a crime like this and expect to get away with it. There are so many variables in play that can't be controlled; I suppose he was as organized a killer as can be found and yet there he is behind bars. I grieve for the families of the students who lost their lives in a meaningless orgy of violence. We have produced this society and it's obsession with crime; I don't excuse myself because i'm right there with everyone else.

Looked like it was in pretty good shape too!
Some on-campus phone booths have not been removed because the phones go straight to campus security, they are sometimes referred to "blue booths" on some campuses, you can only pick up the phone and call security, you can't call anyone else.

Lots of universities have removed these special phones on campus because just about every student or employee now has a cell phone.

JMO.

Unless you were, uh, thinking it might be a good moment to get your Elantra out of Moscow???!!!
I hear your point though and I agree, if I lived in NE PA and had chosen to go to grad school in Western Washington, I’d fly for sure, though it is a beast of a flight/drive. Hour and a half drive to Spokane, at least six hours to Newark NJ (EWR) if you hit the connection perfectly and that’s rare, and then at least two hours drive to Effort, PA, best case. This is more likely a 12-24H undertaking even flying. In an underlying way this brings up something I don’t know if we’ve talked about, which is - why WSU? Desales isn’t blow-the-lights-out academically (source link: https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/desales-university-3986), but he was Dean’s List there (source link: Dean’s List for Spring 2019: Traditional Undergraduate Students). Why WSU for PhD track? Unconventional choice, geographically.
For PhD programs people often choose a certain school bc they want to work with a particular Professor or specialty of that particular program.

Agreed. That would be insanely fast. Usually it takes months and months, because there’s a backlog and the process takes some time. It’s possible, but I think highly unlikely.

For the reasons you stated, I’d be startled if they got the identification through genetic genealogy, however....

1: We have seen cases resolved quickly, if a close family member had added themselves to GEDmatch.

2: This case, for obvious reasons, may have jumped to the head of the line—there was serious danger to other people, as long at this person was at large.

3: It might have been easier than we think. Let’s say that their matches weren’t all that close, but they narrowed it down to 20 men of the appropriate age range. Let’s say that 19 of the 20 live in the general NE US. The 20th...lived ten minutes from the crime scene at the time of the murders. I think that would have put a smile on Chief Frye’s face. I know I’m just making this up, but his roots do seem to have been in Pennsylvania.

We’ll learn eventually!

All this is simply wild speculation on my part.

I think he was saying it is significant here on WS because so many posters were so sure that the killer had to be a hunter.
Let the facts and the indictment come in next week before making the call on that. This man killed four in-shape college students with a knife. I suspect the story is far more painful to read than that vanilla sentence I just wrote (next week, we will know). This man was raised in a small town known for this (source link: Brodheadsville, PA Hunting FAQs) Let’s watch and see what information factually flows out regarding his youth.

6” 185lbs, if accurate he’s a well-built guy. And if the friend who said he enjoys boxing as a workout is correct, probably has amazing stamina and balance along with upper body strength.
Ah, boxing! I thought there was a hand to hand combat kind of vibe. I think that has a lot to do with why he attacked such a full house. The confidence to do so, and probably fantasies, imo.

SMARTEST PERSON in ----?
I think he’s already playing games by asking if anyone else was arrested. He knew that info would get out and people are already trying to sleuth accomplices.
He thinks he’s the smartest person in the room IMO
@na19 Agreeing w you & ^.

And I imagine after conviction, he could be the smartest person in the CELL BLOCK
for the rest of his life.
imo

and from a network news reporter

ironic seeing as cable & network led from week 2 that the LE were dragging their feet and then aired interviewees who mentioned many of the individuals who had been 'cleared'

Can you name the network shows that we're doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member