ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 2022 and we're still saying "OCD" to mean focused or obsessed with rather than the actual disorder that consists of intrusive thoughts. I will have a Lot To Say if this case turns into some media/tabloid indictment of the very real and unrelated to violence illness OCD.

MOO and speculation - but I have to wonder if the only motive here was to commit murder. Essentially a 'thrill kill'. Kohberger wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone and became obsessed with murder to the point he actually went through with it. It actually wouldn't surprise me if there was no personal relationship between him and any of the victims.
If this was his first rodeo (I don’t know whether it was or wasn’t) well, pretty bold of him to enter a house that imo clearly holds multiple residents. Maybe overly confident in his abilities.

One reporter did ask Chief Frye if BK made the statement "was anyone else arrested" that was reported at the time of his arrest. That's when he said we have the individual responsible for the killings in custody.

MOO
Thanks girl! Grandkids were yelling at each other in front of the TV and I was missing some of it. :D

Really wish they had allowed a little more time for questions, it was pretty brief and cut short (the time allotted for questions). I realize that LE cannot say a whole lot right now, but there are still some questions that they can answer to a degree, the reporters had some good questions, I would have liked to at least have heard a few more questions.....
But to that point, what other question(s) would someone ask that LE could actually answer right now? I think continuing the Q&A part would have gotten very redundant.

Will continue to see LE presence in Moscow.

DID BK return to campus after the break? Will come out in the near future

You mean after Thanksgiving break? I bet he did, if he ever left. I wonder if he hid his Elantra or left when it was mentioned.

I do agree that he could have gotten out of his TA work by claiming he had COVID (as someone else suggested) but I doubt he drove home for Thanksgiving. I think he stayed on campus.

I would love to know when he finally left Pullman. Possibly that very night - in which case, there may have been several tips about him.

I wish people would finally realized these things are real life and not a netflix show they're binging. LE and prosecutors have nothing to gain and everything to lose by divulging their investigation and case. It's honestly disturbing how people react to their infatuation with needing to know more. First people want an arrest, then that's not enough. My god. I had to stop reading reddit because of the inane postings.

So the crime scene remediation was halted per court order, according to the Chief. I wonder what that is about.
Maybe so the defense has an opportunity to perform their own tests. It's one thing if it has already been cleaned and released but if not, they likely want to preserve the status quo to avoid any defense objections later.

MOO and speculation - but I have to wonder if the only motive here was to commit murder. Essentially a 'thrill kill'. Kohberger wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone and became obsessed with murder to the point he actually went through with it. It actually wouldn't surprise me if there was no personal relationship between him and any of the victims.
I think you may be right.
He's def not right in the head.....jmo

Hi everyone! This is my first post on this forum. Happy to be here. I have been following various threads over the past few months and the Idaho murders is the first one that compelled me to join and enter the conversation.

I am watching the press conference by James Frye (Moscow Chief of Police) and he seems like such a genuinely good man. A soft-spoken, sensitive, clear-headed fellow. He is the big winner today, imho.

I have nothing but empathy for the victims' parents, and I imagine it must have been achingly painful to be in the dark for almost two months. However, Steve Goncalves publicly shaming Frye and alluding to the fact that he wasn't "Alpha enough to handle the case" was a low-point in this whole saga. We live in a world where many people equate strength with brashness, where "alpha" means stomping around and reaching conclusions without much regard for truth.

Today, quiet decency won big.
I agree. I thought about this too. I get frustration and can sympathize but SG had to understand they wanted to find the killer too. Him calling then out was out of anger and frustration MOO. Grief can do a lot to a person

Hi @Alethea
Does the burglary charge mean that he did “break in” or just that he entered the house?
Idaho statute 18-1401 defines burglary as:

Every person who enters any house, room, apartment, tenement, store, shop, warehouse, mill, barn, stable, outhouse, or a building, tent, vessel, vehicle, trailer, airplane, or railroad car with intent to commit any theft or any felony is guilty of burglary.

MOO-
Based off of initial info and press conference information and wording used by LE..

MOO- The LE may now be looking for another person who helped BK or was also an active player in the murders.
What information? I've seen zero evidence to suggest another person was involved. I feel confident there was only one perpetrator (and I am generally very reluctant to speculate).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998