ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's another layer here. This happened near where their son/brother lives and works. You'd think it would be of interest - even neighbors saying, "Oh no, did you hear about the murder near where Bryan lives? Is he okay? Did he know them?" Etc etc.

I don't buy that no one in his family knew. Not in today's world.
I was hoping to see your name, I have a question. Will they question him immediately..or wait until he gets back to Idaho? I wonder if extradition comes first then the nit and gritty, if it's a legal thing, just in general how it will work from here. (If I'm allowed). Just wondering for many MMO's. Thank you.

I mean why didn't he fly home? You would only drive that kinda distance at end of term, not for Xmas break.

Its a 3 day drive home and 3 days back. A waste of a holiday

Looks like 18 days, to me.

It's completely bizarre to me that his parents didn't know that he lived near these murders. But, I suppose, we don't know his parents. It's so weird. Maybe he did tell his family he was cleared.

Or pretended to be assisting in the crime in some way (would not surprise me at all).

In that case, his poor parents.
Denial is a strong drug.

All MOO:
It's been linked elsewhere by me here on WS that BK allegedly asked whether anyone else had been arrested. This opens the door to whether there's an accomplice or he's attempting to play the legal system or the mental health system. I'm sure he has a pre-planned agenda for if/when he would be arrested, and this part of it. He made no slip-up.

As for requesting more tips, aside from learning everything possible about this guy and what happened before, during and after the crimes (the more they know, the fewer surprises from defense) they are playing it safe to see whether anyone else comes onto their radar.

Given the odd (IMO) wording of the survey, I wonder how much of it elicited real world responses and how many were created by anonymous participants, a number of whom were Bryan Kohberger. (Sort of like Dr. Donald Cline who inseminated dozens of patients with his own sperm, without their knowledge or consent.)

Imagine presenting the psychological and emotional responses of the "anonymous" Idaho killer. BK being the center of attention! BK being the center of investigation! BK trying to get a toe in the door at the FBI. Or, God forbid, BK goes to work for the FBI! Or maybe BK does have a foolish accomplice he planned to "uncover" right before the dupe dies, supposedly from suicide.

Yes, this sounds far-fetched, and I'm not usually given to walking on the more implausible side of life; however, the murders of these kids - the knife rather than a gun, the blood (make no mistake, there was blood...remember the words of Coroner Mabbutt who talked too much), the number and "niceness" of victims, the complexity of the house, the two surviving (for no known reason) roommates, the lack of any apparent motive. Indeed, this was a far-fetched crime.

I don't for a moment think BK will cave... not right away. I think he knows he's smart and he's pitting himself against local LE, state police and the FBI. Not to mention two universities and the world. Sort of like Ted Bundy acting as his own attorney.

Oh hubris!

www.today.com

Coroner offers new details about fatal slaying of 4 U of Idaho students after preliminary autopsies

The four students were found stabbed to death inside a home in Moscow, Idaho, on Nov. 13.
www.today.com
www.today.com

Loading…

www.independent.co.uk

Very interesting post and ideas.

My 5p take on the "survey" was that it read as oddly amateurish and poorly-constructed for generating useful qualitative content. I'm a bit surprised that something like it would be approved for post-graduate release and am not sure how it would have passed required ethics boards or been deployed within subject populations (source: I research, teach and supervise at an R15 uni).

BK is likely IMO to a planning thrill-killer a la Stephen McDaniel, someone who sees himself though a Nietzschean and/or fanfiction lens, and for whom the act of murder is a heroic act of self-knowing, and the ultimate subversion of stuffy social moresm blah blah blah.

It's all boll*cks of course, and he will also be the guy who gets het up about someone queue-jumping at an ice-cream stand, but my guess is that when the truth of his "** why ** emerges, it will be sad, stupid and self-glorifying, and won't enlarge human knowledge one whit.

And it was the white Elantra, after all. Fine work by LE and I look forward to the day when we can all forget BK and remember the dead.

Notice that in his photo at the police station that he’s wearing a anti-stab vest.
That is not an anti-stab vest. It is an anti-suicide gown. I posted that on the last thread. I also posted that he is high profile. He will be in a high security cell in solitary under suicide watch. He will be on camera and also Officers will have to perform suicide checks for mental health and security checks in one of these durations;

Constant suicide checks where Officer's are stationed to observe 24/7.
15 minute checks
1/2 hour checks or 1 hour checks.

Due to the fact that he is high profile, he will be on constant or 15 minute checks.
I have done hundreds upon hundreds of those checks throughout my career.

Maybe, a friend said he had a personality change during high school. Became bully-ish and aggressive. It was in the Daily Beast Link link I posted above.

He may be a coward, but I see him as more of a hunter of humans, with a personal agenda. Feeling of rejection?
No feelings? A Dexter of sorts? (T.v. Series serial killer, only he stalked bad guys w/his LE training)
----
Nick Mcloughlin, 26, who was friends with Kohberger in high school and vocational school, and had been following the Moscow murders, told The Daily Beast he was floored to see Kohberger had been arrested.

He described Kohberger as a “down to earth” member of his friend group who was overweight when they graduated junior year. But at the start of senior year, Kohberger was “thinner than a rail” and turned “aggressive,” he said. He’d also picked up a new hobby: taking boxing classes.

“He always wanted to fight somebody, he was bullying people. We started cutting him off from our friend group because he was 100 percent a different person,” Mcloughlin said.

Asked what might have contributed to the change that summer, Mcloughlin said, “We have no idea.”

Mcloughlin went on to say that he and Kohberger would spend half the school day at Pleasant Valley High before heading to Monroe County’s vocational school, where they took classes related to heating and air conditioning work. He said Kohberger also took criminal justice courses to potentially become a cop.

Mcloughlin said the friendship ended when Kohberger began putting moves on his girlfriend. “He was, like, reaching out to her, saying, ‘I can get us a bottle and we hang out tonight.’”

BBM
Well that may explain the broken nose.

I just saw some stuff taken from a feed that was posted by an Anon poster. It had a date of Dec 12. If it was truly him who posted, OMG.

Interesting article from the Daily Beast
Great article. Thank you! I'll be interested in what Ramsland has to say if she ever says anything.

All MOO:
It's been linked elsewhere by me here on WS that BK allegedly asked whether anyone else had been arrested. This opens the door to whether there's an accomplice or he's attempting to play the legal system or the mental health system. I'm sure he has a pre-planned agenda for if/when he would be arrested, and this part of it. He made no slip-up.

As for requesting more tips, aside from learning everything possible about this guy and what happened before, during and after the crimes (the more they know, the fewer surprises from defense) they are playing it safe to see whether anyone else comes onto their radar.

Given the odd (IMO) wording of the survey, I wonder how much of it elicited real world responses and how many were created by anonymous participants, a number of whom were Bryan Kohberger. (Sort of like Dr. Donald Cline who inseminated dozens of patients with his own sperm, without their knowledge or consent.)

Imagine presenting the psychological and emotional responses of the "anonymous" Idaho killer. BK being the center of attention! BK being the center of investigation! BK trying to get a toe in the door at the FBI. Or, God forbid, BK goes to work for the FBI! Or maybe BK does have a foolish accomplice he planned to "uncover" right before the dupe dies, supposedly from suicide.

Yes, this sounds far-fetched, and I'm not usually given to walking on the more implausible side of life; however, the murders of these kids - the knife rather than a gun, the blood (make no mistake, there was blood...remember the words of Coroner Mabbutt who talked too much), the number and "niceness" of victims, the complexity of the house, the two surviving (for no known reason) roommates, the lack of any apparent motive. Indeed, this was a far-fetched crime.

I don't for a moment think BK will cave... not right away. I think he knows he's smart and he's pitting himself against local LE, state police and the FBI. Not to mention two universities and the world. Sort of like Ted Bundy acting as his own attorney.

Oh hubris!

www.today.com

Coroner offers new details about fatal slaying of 4 U of Idaho students after preliminary autopsies

The four students were found stabbed to death inside a home in Moscow, Idaho, on Nov. 13.
www.today.com
www.today.com

Loading…

www.independent.co.uk

Very interesting post and ideas.

My 5p take on the "survey" was that it read as oddly amateurish and poorly-constructed for generating useful qualitative content. I'm a bit surprised that something like it would be approved for post-graduate release and am not sure how it would have passed required ethics boards or been deployed within subject populations (source: I research, teach and supervise at an R15 uni).

BK is likely IMO to a planning thrill-killer a la Stephen McDaniel, someone who sees himself though a Nietzschean and/or fanfiction lens, and for whom the act of murder is a heroic act of self-knowing, and the ultimate subversion of stuffy social mores blah blah blah.

It's all boll*cks of course, and he will also be the guy who gets het up about someone queue-jumping at an ice-cream stand, but my guess is that when the truth of his "** why ** emerges, it will be sad, stupid and self-glorifying, and won't enlarge human knowledge one whit.

And it was the white Elantra, after all. Fine work by LE and I look forward to the day when we can all forget BK and remember the dead.

Not possible to begin WSU fall 2021 if he graduated DeSales May 2022.

Confirming he entered fall 2022.

You are correct - I had misinformation at that point. So he arrived in August or thereabouts and committed a quadruple homicide 3 months later.

I wonder if this is his first time really living away from home, being solo, having the actual opportunity. So reminiscent of Attias and Rodger at UCSB. The stories I'm hearing about KB's youth are chilling, really. Moderately red flags, but so many young people fall into the same category.

Where did he get his Master's in criminology? I thought DeSales didn't have such a degree. Is that confirmed and if so, where, please?

It's possible, but that would be lightning fast for a genealogical DNA hit. I take anonymous sources with a grain of salt.
Yep. I totally believe they had a full profile AND a suspect - and that they went to the suspect's home and got DNA from a car door or trash or whatever. Easy peasy. Even if just parental DNA, easy to connect him.

No need for genealogical research if you have the parents' DNA. From the trash. Or a car door. Or a McDonald's cup.

I doubt if Moscow would send anyone to Pennsylvania to process a car. Anyone like the Pennsylvania State Police can process the car but nothing earthshaking is coming out of the car except possibly the murder weapon. the car won’t be going anywhere. It can’t be hauled into a courtroom so photos will suffice.
For me, I think a jury will be highly impressed if DNA from the victims from blood cells is found in that Elantra.

Juries have a hard time understanding DNA, but they will understand this case. Having hard evidence that he had victims' blood in his car is the clencher, putting things beyond reasonable doubt. IMO. Highly valuable at trial.

No photos needed, just expert testimony and a description of the DNA sampling from the car. I wonder if it will light up with luminol or similar. At any rate, very hard to destroy all the DNA from blood cells. Even with bleach.

Which makes me think that maybe his criminology studies didn't include much bioscience.

Most Americans don't follow national news closely. They'll have a pulse on what is happening in their own neck of the woods, particularly the weather, but have an extremely tenuous grasp on national news, and even less on international events. I was a political media analyst for nearly 20 years - that's just how it is. Most people mistakenly extrapolate how important a news story is based on their own interest in the topic - a sort of personal bubble effect. Overall, this particular story is a mere gnat in the news universe. People like me and the others here at WS simp,y have an elevated interest in the topic for whatever reasons.

Does the average person in Pennsylvania even know that Idaho is adjacent to Washington? Does his social circle/family in Pennsylvania know that his branch of WSU is that close to the Idaho border? Do they know that the UOI branch is in Moscow? Geography isn’t many people’s strong point, especially when it comes to obscure towns many states away.
I am from Wisconsin, living in NC. People are very aware of regions - when there is any significant event (hurricanes, etc) in my "area" friends/relatives always ask about it. And I'm 3 hrs from the ocean. I think adults definitely know Idaho and Washington are out west and would bring it up.

Maybe, a friend said he had a personality change during high school. Became bully-ish and aggressive. It was in the Daily Beast Link link I posted above.

He may be a coward, but I see him as more of a hunter of humans, with a personal agenda. Feeling of rejection?
No feelings? A Dexter of sorts? (T.v. Series serial killer, only he stalked bad guys w/his LE training)
----
Nick Mcloughlin, 26, who was friends with Kohberger in high school and vocational school, and had been following the Moscow murders, told The Daily Beast he was floored to see Kohberger had been arrested.

He described Kohberger as a “down to earth” member of his friend group who was overweight when they graduated junior year. But at the start of senior year, Kohberger was “thinner than a rail” and turned “aggressive,” he said. He’d also picked up a new hobby: taking boxing classes.

“He always wanted to fight somebody, he was bullying people. We started cutting him off from our friend group because he was 100 percent a different person,” Mcloughlin said.

Asked what might have contributed to the change that summer, Mcloughlin said, “We have no idea.”

Mcloughlin went on to say that he and Kohberger would spend half the school day at Pleasant Valley High before heading to Monroe County’s vocational school, where they took classes related to heating and air conditioning work. He said Kohberger also took criminal justice courses to potentially become a cop.

Mcloughlin said the friendship ended when Kohberger began putting moves on his girlfriend. “He was, like, reaching out to her, saying, ‘I can get us a bottle and we hang out tonight.’”

Interesting that Bryan Kohberger has a history of bullying. An all too common problem and characteristics in mass killers, school shooters, and sexual predators.

I kinda think in reality that the officers body cam footage releases ,has aided this investigation. I do think that key information was gleamed by the public from the video's and reported back to the LEO's.

How so? I personally didn't glean a thing from all that body cam footage that seems to lead to BK in the slightest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member