ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've added the location of the dripping blood reported by DailyMail. If the second and third floor roommates returned home around 1:45-2:00 AM, then their bedroom lights would have gone out shortly afterward - perhaps as late as 3 AM. After the lights were out, that could be when the attack occurred - when someone believed that they were asleep.

View attachment 381158
Thank you, Otto!!

The news on this story seems more convoluted than usual. This story was updated, and the police still state that this was a "targeted attack", and the community is safe.

So, there is a killer loose, that killed four people with a hunting knife, but everything is fine....(?!).

And must say, I called it that LEO had already screwed up the crime scene...Moscow, ID, not a place where a lot of quadruple homicides occur. Doesn't surprise me that they bungled it.
I agree. Either the PD screwed up in making the initial "targeted" statement, or it is true. The words they have used make it sound like they screwed up.

And it will be media malpractice to not get to a straight answer at the PC tomorrow. When asked at the last presser, he gave a weak answer something like "We tried to make the best assessment we could at the time," and then veered into a distraction of "we continue to be steadfastly committed to ensuring the safety of our community." Total non-answer of the question.

If they don't know WHO did it, and they don't know WHY he did it, they cannot know it was "targeted." The one exception I can think of if there was a message painted on the wall or something. The press absolutely needs to get at that answer tomorrow. The answer does not need to compromise the investigation. They can say "We think it was targeted because there was a message left at the scene on one of the victims' rooms." (They don't need to say what it was or specifically where it was.)

All IMO

Has this been posted?

PS Just noticed Massguy beat me to it!

Last edited:

• Moscow police believe victims Kaylee Goncalvez, 21, Madison Mogen, 21, Ethan Chapin, 20, and Xana Kernodle, 20, were stabbed to death at their home
  • A local reporter said state forensics investigators were taking photos of the tire tracks
  • Latah County Prosecuting Attorney Bill Thompson said Saturday that law enforcement is trying to 'expedite everything' that could solve the case
  • Local sleuths on Facebook are connecting the killings to the story of a man who found his neighbors' dog skinned alive
  • A police expert has also suggested the four victims may have been too shocked to scream while being killed
  • Two housemates survived, with questions raised as to why they didn't call 911 earlier
  • Police say neither of those two women is being considered as a suspect
Well THATS awful. It’s disturbing that DM pulls weird things off random Facebook posts for headline clickbait but yes I did indeed click the article.

I mean, it's the only thing that makes sense.

They could just come out and say that the caller is not a suspect; they haven't.

The implication of LE saying that one of their phones made the call, but not that one of them made the call, is that a third person called it in.

Why didn't this person use their own phone?
Why did this person report someone as being unconscious, when there no doubt would have been a lot of blood?

Weird.
If the person was there to pick up
So the killer returns to the scene of the crime the next day and pretends to be the one to find the bodies and then uses either one of the victims phones or one of the phones of the surviving roommates from within the house...wild idea but plausible
They could explain why their DNA was there that way.

I think the stained foundation is below the kitchen wall. Photos into the kitchen area during the evidence collection showed minimal evidence. Therefore IMO the foundation drizzle is something other than blood.
Yes this is my opinion as well but I know a lot a people think differently. The stained foundation picture clearly shows a pipe which I think looks corroded. I also attached a picture at the location where the stain is IMO.

Attachments

• foundation.png
    foundation.png
    1 MB · Views: 110
  • SecondFloor2.png
    SecondFloor2.png
    233.9 KB · Views: 107
Ummm, my understanding of CIRG is completely different based on this...

What is the Critical Incident Response Group?​

The FBI’s Critical Incident Response Group (CIRG) provides rapid assistance to incidents in a crisis. Through CIRG, expert assistance is available in cases involving the abduction or mysterious disappearance of children, crisis management, hostage negotiation, criminal investigative analysis, and special weapons and tactics. CIRG also assists in the assessment, selection, and training of FBI undercover employees.

You are correct. I too did a bit of a deep dive looking into CIRG. The “criminal investigative analysis” would fit this situation, which certainly is a crisis and a critical incident for this small community.

the students can leave but what about the actual town residents? do they feel safe because they are not students?
Also in situations like this, international students can't leave, and students who don't have families to return to, sometimes graduate students and others. The university will have to make arrangements for these students, probably were already doing so for the Thanksgiving break, but now may have to extend it.

My son is 24. He’s lived in a dorm and off campus. He always had a lock on the door to his room and got a ring camera for the front. He had 3 different ring videos of men actually going to his front window and trying to peek in; his roommates were 2-3 females usually.

Kids need to be vigilant, whether near Moscow/Pullman or not. Get bolt locks! Don’t share entry codes! Get a ring camera, or parents -buy one for your kids.

Our world is not safe.

Well… they adjusted the killing hour window from what, 2-5? So checking video around or until 6 makes sense. It gave him time to clean up or change and get out while it was still dark and not many or no runners were out. IMO
It looks like like they're looking for someone and/or a vehicle. They may believe the killer was there and had to walk back to either their car or house.

What the killer did not consider:
This would be national news.
DNA clues and prints that were left. Footprints.
The FBI would be involved.
I agree. My feeling from the little that has been shared is it seems like not much was thought out after entering the house. My opinion is perp went in for one reason, then a horrific, unplanned sequence of events ensued, probably did nothing to minimize evidence. All IMO.

Makes me pause and wonder if the murderer left writing with the victims blood in the house? It’s gruesome to think about but I’m very concerned this is leading to something much bigger than we can imagine with CIRG involved at the scene.
I don't think so. Nothing that weird had to happen for the scene to be described that way. You have four young people butchered by a combat knife. That's as rare as it is horrific.

I thought they placed it between 3-4?
At 9:37 this morning, someone posted an article that adjusted the time to 2-5. I, again personally, was trying to figure how they got so tight a window with the 3-4. That is really hard to do. If K left a voice-mail for J at 2:52 that would get the 3 am, but no one has said such happened. If there is no proof it was K or M calling J with their phones, anyone could have been calling using those phones for the 26 minutes of calling, imo.

Yes this is my opinion as well but I know a lot a people think differently. The stained foundation picture clearly shows a pipe which I think looks corroded. I also attached a picture at the location where the stain is IMO.
Agreed. This is where the photographer was standing to take the photo that was published as: blood dripping through the wall.

1668925147110.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members