ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

As Kaylee's parents said she was "a websleuth", we don't know if they meant she was an actual WSer or if it was used in a more generic sense.

If any member or guest reading here knows that Kaylee was in fact a Websleuths member, and her user ID, please send me a private message to advise. Tricia has asked me to find out as she would like to send flowers or make a donation to something in Kaylee's name.

Thank you.

Please read The Rules (linked in my signature), and continue discussion here.

Also, for anyone other than victims or an officially named POI/suspect, use initials or your post will be removed.

No sleuthing or insinuations/accusations against anyone who is not officially named a POI/suspect by LE.

Last edited:
(It's been many years since I've been on WS - but this case is so perplexing and sad that I had to comment. My interest and posts are always related to geography and time of crime.)

At the press conference today 11.20.22, LE remarked that they are focused on the area "South of Taylor Avenue to Palouse River Drive" and "West of Highway 95". This area is South of the crime scene.

The following coordinates can be referenced on Google Earth (note: Google Earth, not Google Maps) - just cut and paste in the search bar. I'm only suggesting a possible exit path - I don't know this area at all personally.

To me, the LE reference suggests maybe they believe the perpetrator's path of egress was out the back area of the house (located at 1122 King Rd - 46°43'18.91"N, 117° 0'38.78"W) as opposed to down King Road or East of the house. There are many structures with windows and potential cameras around the King Road house - I'd think the perp would have been aware of that and chose the safest way out. The area with the least visibility seems to be the forested area behind the house. Even though there are fences enclosing adjacent properties, the fences appear to be scalable. The forested area abuts Walenta Drive at various points:
46°43'17.56"N, 117° 0'42.19"W
46°43'17.16"N, 117° 0'40.94"W
46°43'16.63"N, 117° 0'39.97"W

The house located on Walenta at 46°43'17.16"N, 117° 0'39.94"W seems critical to ask if there are cameras. Up the hill from this area about 65 yards is where Walenta Dr. intersects with Ridge Road - from this intersection there is a footpath about 20 yards away (46°43'14.91"N, 117° 0'39.02"W). The path heads South and has several sets of stairs and is about 110 yards long, ending at a cul-de-sac called Shetland Court. This looks like a public access path (not locked) - but I can't find anything online. If it's an open path for walking, could there be evidence in that area (it looks surrounded by trees)? Is it possible the perp could have taken this path and parked a car at the bottom (46°43'12.29"N 117° 0'38.88"W)? My guess is it would have taken less than 10 mins from the crime scene to get to that place. Also Shetland Court leads to Colt Rd, which leads to Conestoga Dr, which leads to Palouse River Drive on the edge of town. Easy exit out of town.

Just a thought!
I just wanted to bring this over from the last thread. Great work @Neptune .

The killer(s) almost had to have been well-prepared or trained on how to carry this out in the middle of the night, lurking inside or out while figuring out the right time to sneak in and around with most likely very little light in the house, creeping up and down at least one flight of stairs and room by room as they ambushed 4 innocent lives without making a sound that would wake everyone up. Even though it's been suggested that the crime scene was very sloppy, the perp(s) appear to have been highly sophisticated imo

Does anyone have a timeline for this case? Do we have an approx. window for the murders?
I know that they think the two surviving room mates got home at about 1 . They think kaylee and Madison got home around 1:45 . Kaylee calls J 6 times from 2:26 -2:44 and Madison then calls J from 2:44 -2:52 three times . Kaylee again Calls J one final time at 2:52. The murders are suspected to have occurred between 2 am and 5 am and the police call was made at 11:58 am from one of the surviving roommates phone .

Last edited:
The killer(s) almost had to have been well-prepared or trained on how to carry this out in the middle of the night, lurking inside or out while figuring out the right time to sneak in and around with most likely very little light in the house, creeping up and down at least one flight of stairs and room by room as they ambushed 4 innocent lives without making a sound that would wake everyone up. Even though it's been suggested that the crime scene was very sloppy, the perp(s) appear to have been highly sophisticated imo
I agree. I think the killer had some training or has done this before. I don't think it will be easily solved, but I hope I'm wrong for the sake of the family and the community.

I also tend to think the downstairs couple were killed first. He may have wanted to eliminate the strongest opponent (E) first while the element of surprise was ensured. Also, assuming his primary targets were the girls upstairs, by dealing with E and X first, he can now focus on the remaining girls and essentially take as long as he wants with them, with less fear of interruption.
(This was in response to someone in the earlier thread, but the quote was lost when the thread closed.)

I agree with you. 5 roommates at home in which all 3 floors occupied with roommates and the athletic boyfriend on the 2nd floor. Dog on one of the floors. The killer had multiple escape opps on 2nd floor (sliding glass door and many windows). Seems to me like killer was a "welcomed" guest at one time and knew the pattern of roommates weekend routine and layout of entire 3 floor house. Not sure what floor laundry room was on but it contains a shower and sink along with washer and dryer. Perhaps the laundry room was used by killer to "clean self up" before exiting house?

I agree with you. 5 roommates at home in which all 3 floors occupied with roommates and the athletic boyfriend on the 2nd floor. Dog on one of the floors. The killer had multiple escape opps on 2nd floor (sliding glass door and many windows). Seems to me like killer was a "welcomed" guest at one time and knew the pattern of roommates weekend routine and layout of entire 3 floor house. Not sure what floor laundry room was on but it contains a shower and sink along with washer and dryer. Perhaps the laundry room was used by killer to "clean self up" before exiting house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla