ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police have said that this was a targeted killing. Madison and Xana were coworkers at a restaurant, I believe. Could both of them have been targeted by another disgruntled coworker or repeat customer who had gotten to know them? Ethan was collateral damage as he had stayed in Xana's room. And some of you had posted that Kaley had already moved out of the house. Do we know if that's true? If so, is there a news link for that information? If she had moved out and was in town to show Madison her new car and hang out for the weekend, she possibly was staying in Madison's room as there may not have been furniture in the other 3rd floor bedroom. Perhaps she was collateral damage also if Xana and Madison were the targets.
I believe Kaylee's family did an interview where they said that she had just gone down for a few days to show Maddie her new car. She was supposed to be returning home on the 15th I think.

Last edited:
This is truly worrisome that they have not made an arrest in this amount of time and keep asking for the public's help. Also, no FBI at the press conference? IMO they shouldn't hold a press conference if they have nothing to say and don't take questions and not answer any.
To be fair, LE cant win either way because if they were saying nothing at all like they usually do, we would be complaining that we are speculating about nothing because nothing is actually known or verified from LE as they are not holding press conferences.

Look at the Delphi case where Liberty German and Abigail Williams were murdered in 2017 and the number of complaints regarding no updates or interactions from LE apart from the main press release in 2017 and again one in 2019.
They are damned if they do and damned if they don’t.
Think of them as human beings who are likely working 18/20 hour days right now as this will be a very fast moving QUADRUPLE Murder investigation that is attracting International interest and the pressure on the Investigation team will be immense and unrelenting. It would be bad enough with one victim but with 4 , it’s almost like running the equivalent of 4 separate investigations under one huge umbrella and it will be a huge amount of work and sheer number of calls being made to the action line and each and every one has to be looked into and either acted upon or refuted justifiably.
Its no easy task ( from experience of leading Murder investigations).
The staff will be exhausted and probably running on coffee , junk food and adrenaline right now

To be fair, LE cant win either way because if they were saying nothing at all like they usually do, we would be complaining that we are speculating about nothing because nothing is actually known or verified from LE as they are not holding press conferences.

Look at the Delphi case where Liberty German and Abigail Williams were murdered in 2017 and the number of complaints regarding no updates or interactions from LE apart from the main press release in 2017 and again one in 2019.
They are damned if they do and damned if they don’t.
Think of them as human beings who are likely working 18/20 hour days right now as this will be a very fast moving QUADRUPLE Murder investigation that is attracting International interest and the pressure on the Investigation team will be immense and unrelenting. It would be bad enough with one victim but with 4 , it’s almost like running the equivalent of 4 separate investigations under one huge umbrella and it will be a huge amount of work and sheer number of calls being made to the action line and each and every one has to be looked into and either acted upon or refuted justifiably.
Its no easy task ( from experience of leading Murder investigations).
The staff will be exhausted and probably running on coffee , junk food and adrenaline right now
Thanks @TootsieFootsie for understanding

I find this very disconcerting. It seems the perpetrator entered the house when all were asleep (or lay in wait), and attacked them in succession. Two sets of victims on two different floors. This seems like a deliberate and organized attack based on the info we have. This is not the action of a jealous wannabe bf or an angry person seeking revenge or trying to get even. These are the actions of a psychopath. I think this may be why the FBI jumped on this case so quickly. Nothing in this case so far reads like they were murdered by someone they knew.

JMO. MOO. IMO
Welcome to Websleuths!!
If you have any questions about how things go here, feel free to message a mod! Otherwise, I've read the rules several times through now and am here if you'd want to send a message.
I hope you find yourself enjoying the discourse with others. I think talking together here helps us learn, cope with traumatic events, and encourages empathy. I hope you like it here.

Well, I hate to be that person. But on my tablet, when I zoom in, there are a few red clusters. But only on the side. Nowhere else.
interesting. perhaps perp jumped down from there for some reason (??) and that's the victims blood he stepped in so not useful for LE (complete opinion and speculation on my part)

Here is a theory...my opinion and current understanding of the timeline and house layout:

1st Floor/Basement Survivors arrive home around 1, park in the parking area in front of the house, and use the front keypad to enter through the ground level entrance on the front of their floor. This keypad may or may not have been locked, as per statements we have read that it's often not activated (locked) and also that many friends/family knew the code and had access even if locked. Before 2, they have settled in on their floor and maybe already fallen asleep in their locked rooms.
By 1:45, the 4 victims have arrived back at the house. They park out front and enter the 1st floor/basement entrance and probably lock it behind them, since they are in for the night. They immediately turn left and go up the staircase into the living room on the 2nd floor.They may have had no contact with the 2 survivors, or they may have exchanged a greeting as those girls were heading to sleep.
At this point, the 4 of them may have snacked in the kitchen (2nd floor) before heading to bed. K&M may have been eating their food truck purchase. It's possible the 4 had a 5th unknown person with them or that they were followed home or were being observed by the killer, who could have been behind the house or even hiding in the house.

The victims likely then head to bed about 2:30--X&BF to X's bedroom in the back left corner of the 2nd floor and K&M likely to M's bedroom in the back left corner of the 3rd floor...unless either K's bigger bedroom in the back right corner of the 3rd floor still had furniture or if M had moved into K's old bedroom once K moved out. If K let the dog out, she would likely have done so out the sliding door in the kitchen and may not have locked it. If the killer let the dog out, he may have done so before the 4 victims arrived at the house.

Everyone is at least slightly inebriated and sleepy. K&M texts/calls J, likely about the dog. They may have assumed the dog headed to J's place. I'm not sure what facts are known regarding the dog. Based on what I've heard about J and his longterm friendship with K&M and their entire families, I don't think he is responsible for any of this. There's no way K's parents would be supporting him so strongly if they had any reservations about his character or ability to be violent, and he's been a part of their "family" for a very long time.

By 3, the 2 survivors and 4 victims are all falling asleep. Somewhere between 3 & 5, the perp enters from the rear of the house through the sliding glass door into the kitchen (2nd floor). Door was likely unlocked. He heads right and enters X's bedroom, attacking E first. E awakens and fights back, and they end up out in the hall and into the kitchen, where E collapses against the wall on the other side of the partition by the refrigerator. This could explain the blood that possibly leaked to the exterior of the house, as reported. If that really isn't blood on the exterior, then E may have ended up anywhere, but I think it's likely he was on the floor somewhere between X's bedroom and the kitchen. X may have awakened during this or may have stayed asleep until she was attacked, but she also fought back and had defensive wounds, as reported. The killer then proceeded up the middle staircase located between the kitchen and X's bedroom to the 3rd floor and attacked K&M, likely in M's bedroom (whichever room that was at the time). K's old room is the one with the 3rd floor balcony, but I think it's possible M had moved into that nicer room when K moved out. He then either climbed out the 3rd floor balcony and escaped behind the house or went back down the staircase and escaped out the sliding glass door in the kitchen, where he had entered.

Alternate theory...he went up the middle staircase to the 3rd floor FIRST, killing both K&M as they slept, then proceeded downstairs. The noise overhead may have disturbed E or X, so one or both of them may have groggily realized something was amiss in time to fight back when he attacked them. It's possible they were not targets, but were killed because they awakened. It's also possible all 4 victims had contact with the killer sometime that evening; he followed them and committed a crime of opportunity. In scenario 2, the killer exits out the kitchen sliding door and escapes on foot into the tree/shrub cover behind the house.

Downstairs, Survivor 1 has a bedroom underneath the living room and Survivor 2 has a bedoom underneath the empty bedroom on the 2nd floor...I think. Upstairs, X's room is directly beneath M's room...I think. Also, the back wall of the 1st/Basement area is solid dirt, and the furnace is on the other side of one bedroom wall, so that could have also created background noise. In any event, those girls were probably passed out from partying or at the least very used to sleeping through a lot of loud noise. I doubt they heard a thing.
With the info we have thus far, I'm on the fence about whether the killer knew the victims well. He could have been a nearby psychopath or had been stalking some or all of them. He could have been a fellow student who had something against some or all of them and acted spontaneously out of rage. The evidence will speak, and then we will know. These are just my thoughts and opinions.

Sorry, I’m not at all even close to being caught up on victimology, could someone please bring forward what all the victims’ jobs were if they had any, for mapping purposes to add to prior thoughts regarding awareness space? Thanks. Apologies for rehash, again hard to keep up with everything; it’s helpful to bring forward the cumulative data as we move from new thread to thread so quickly, so we can keep building and not get lost. Also bumping the Media Thread to encourage anyone to contribute as that’s really helpful too for reference purposes, (sorry if I bumped it earlier, I can’t remember if I did, I know I meant to, a little overwhelmed frankly.)

Goodnight. Gosh I hope there’s an arrest soon.

——

Eta:

This is fabulous, thanks so much. Welcome!
MM and XD worked at Mad Greek.

Source

If you Google Map the address and turn on satellite view or use streetview to go down Walenta Rd. you can see that someone who lives or walks in that area has a straight shot to the 3rd floor bedroom and balcony. Stalker's dream view with binoculars. Not a happy thought.

Interview with Kaylee's mom and dad.

20th November.

Reporter - We are joined by the parent's of Kaylee Goncalves, one of the victim's of this tragedy, C and S Goncalves, thank you so much for joining us and we're so sorry for your loss. C and S, can you tell me about your daughter, tonight?

Dad - Our daughter was super driven, she was a 3x deans list member. Her grades were amazing, she competed with everybody. She loved competing. She was just a highly driven person who...

Mom - Had many goals in life.

Dad - She had an internship that she was offered a full time position and we've worked with them and they've been great with us, this whole time. Yeah, she was driven and she was gonna go somewhere in life and a great member of society and that's what we wanted.

Reporter - You all have to be so proud of her and she was taken away from us far too soon. Can you tell us what the authorities have been telling you? We want to do anything that we can to help you to get justice for your daughter and the rest of the victims. What are they telling you?

Dad - They're telling us that there's so much evidence that it's gonna take a lot of time to process it all. This wasn't like a pinpoint crime. This person was sloppy. He did whatever he... when I say he, obviously you can't say that, that's just me, but he made a mess and there's a mess there and they're gonna have to go through that point by point and that's gonna take a lot of time. That's why they reached out to other facilities to help them with that lab work.

Mom - They do have a mobile unit on site. That they said they were able to really expedite things with this mobile unit. Hopefully, they're reaching out to other DNA, processing companies, such as, (??) to get involved. They have not confirmed that they have DNA from this person, they just said that they have a tonne of evidence. And evidently, today, with the new FBI task force on site and the FBI (??) and the Idaho State police said they were able to pull a tonne of evidence from the house today and they're processing that. It just takes time.

Reporter - We've only heard positive stories about your daughter, and the other victims out there. We couldn't find anybody to say anything about them. It's only been that they were givers, they loved everyone on campus. You see the videos on social media of them being so happy. Did you all have any clue? I mean, there hasn't been a murder, you guys, since 2015. Did you have any clue that they may be unsafe on the campus? Was there any indication?

Mom - Absolutely not. And if there were then we would have told Kaylee to come home immediately and same with Maddie. Maddie's family is our family. I know Maddie's.. we're very close with them. They are not speaking out, they choose not to speak out and they have asked us to please go ahead and speak on behalf of Maddie. They were best friends, from little girls. She was part of our family Kaylee's part of their family and absolutely not. Our son went to that college. No, no, absolutely not.

Dad - My daughter was aware of an environment.

Mom - Very aware.

Dad - She'd turn her camera on. She would film when she thought somebody was following her out of a mall parking lot or a grocery store. She was very aware that, she was a pretty girl, and that could attract some problems. So, she was alert. She was a streetwise child.

Mom - She herself was a web sleuth. Literally through and through which is just so ironic and just so surreal and all of it, you know? Just very sad for families when she'd hear about this type of stuff happening, like, 'Mom, did you hear bout that or mom, did you hear about that? She was very well of her surroundings, very well. I mean, she would think somebody was following her and she would call me, 'Mom, I think there's somebody following me', and I'm like 'well, Kaylee, call the police', then she'd say 'oh never mind, they just turned into 711'. I mean, she was aware, very aware and she locked her doors at night and she locked her car.

Kaylee was home, had just been home, so we were so thankful that she's been home for a week and a half. She just bought a brand new vehicle for herself, her first vehicle. She had planned a trip. She was planning on backpacking across Europe for the month of January. Starting her new job in February with this internship so that she... wound up offering her a full-time, very well paid position, that she was very excited to take. And she was with us for the last week and a half. She went home on Friday to literally go show off her new vehicle. She was like 'Maddie has to see my new ride, like she has to see this'. And she was talking to Maddie the whole time, going back and forth between the car she was buying and said 'I'm not going to tell you, you're just gonna see me pull up and wait to see what I pull up in'. And that was Friday and we spoke to Kaylee on Saturday and she sent me pictures of... all of the pictures that are online. And they were both of our girls.

Reporter - When was the last time y'all spoke? What was that conversation like? Was it just like you described?

Mom - Kaylee called me on Saturday, my birthday was earlier in the week and I didn't get anything for my birthday, boohoo. She was like, you know, it was not a big deal, but Kaylee called me on Saturday and said 'mum I'll be home on Tuesday and I'm going to take you out to breakfast, lunch and dinner and it's all on me, all on me, and we'll celebrate your birthday', and I said 'well, I don't know if I believe that', meaning she'd pay, but 'that sounds great, Kaylee, and I'll see you on Tuesday, honey'. And then she sent me a couple of pictures of her and Maddie, and that was on Saturday afternoon around 3.

Reporter - Have you had the opportunity to talk with any other victim's family members? I know you all are grieving together.

Mom - Only Maddie's.

Dad - They were just over our house a couple of hours ago.

Mom - We've just had Maddie's mother and father here. They were here for a couple... and it was very emotional for us today. That was the first time that we had gotten together. And just sad. Sad beyond belief. Just beyond anybody's worst nightmare. I'm sure you could. only fathom. It's heart breaking. Maddie was an only child, but like I said, she was our child as well, and even if you asked Kaylee how many siblings she had, she would always say five. 'five sisters and a brother' and that was always Maddie. Maddie was in our oldest daughters wedding. She said 'all of my sisters are my bridesmaids', and Maddie was one of those bridesmaids and it was all of O (Maddie's sister) sisters, including Maddie. Every time we travelled out of the country or went on vacation, Maddie went with us. So, this is both of our girls and we will never stop looking for who killed them.

Reporter - We want to do everything that we can do in our power to get justice for your daughter. We keep hearing this name, Jack, and phone calls going back and forth there. Can you tell us anything about that?

Mom - We love Jack. Absolutely love Jack. We stand by Jack 1000%. Jack was Kaylee's boyfriend for many years. They just recently broke up. There is no animosity at all. It was a break up on Kaylee's point. It was not... they still talked every single day. Kaylee just thought that she needed a little break. They were on the mends of getting back together. Kaylee talked to Jack the whole time she was here for that week and a half.

Dad - One of her messages, one of her last messages - she reached out to Jack and said 'Jack, get back to me' and then she goes 'we share a dog together', which they did, she's like 'you need to reach out to me', so..

Mom - 'Please come over'. She was wanting Jack to come over there. Jack is not.. they're wasting their time with Jack and Jack is just as distraught as we are. Jack is our family. Jack is 1000%, 2000%, our family and Jack is with us and we stand behind him 100%. We're supporting him and we know in our hearts and our minds and our souls, in the depths of our souls. Jack is hurting and.. Kaylee and Jack would have eventually been married. They would eventually had children together. So, to say ex-boyfriend.. it was Kaylee just being a brat, you know, being like 'I just need a break', but Jack was in her heart and they were close to getting back together, and that was just Kaylee being Kaylee. So, absolutely, Jack is..

Dad - We don't think he's a suspect.

Mom - At all.

Reporter - Ma'am, can you tell me about what the mood is like in the town. You guys have been so brave to come on the programme tonight and talk about your daughter, talk about the other victims, talk about the investigation. But a lot of people that weren't even, I mean, it was your daughter that was murdered, they are afraid to come on air because they feel like they could be next. Are you hearing the same thing in the town?

Dad - I don't like the fear. I wanna share my address and give it to you to share with them. I have no fear whatsoever of this individual. I almost welcome him to come to my house. This community has been amazing. Everyday we wake up with more food than we can ever eat, doughnuts, things. People are giving, the whole communities crying. Everyone is hurting. Everyone feels the pain of this. I mean, one shining thing out of all of this is, I've never realised how beautiful my community is and how much love there is there for people. We just have one bad person and we have to find that guy.

Mom - Like my husband said - if he would like our address we'll gladly give it to him. We'd love for him to show up.

Dad - We're not running, I'm not hiding myself online, it's there, you can look me up.

Mom - We can't speak for the other families

Reporter - We continue to support you guys and we wanna remember your daughters legacy tonight. What can we do, in this stage of the investigation, to help our audiences?. We'll put the tip line number up, but what can we do right now to get you guys answers?

Mom - I think we need to post this timeline (the timeline was provided in one of the press releases) because it's a small community. This is like 6-7,000 people. We need to put a timeline out there, where random people can just look there. People don't know, but their Tesla's are filming 24/7, 7 days a week, so, there could be somebody who doesn't realise that they have evidence.

Mom - Their ring cams, their phones. They were out and they were recording and, you know what, they look and 'who what's that shady person.. look at that guy that just run back across the camera' and it's all those little things.

Dad - Did you get gas at the time this activity was going on.

Mom - Gas stations - somebody going and buying candies. Obviously, they're checking hospitals for somebody going in and.. 'where was he when this person was wounded?, where was this person when this person got hurt in this struggle and altercation that took place that night'. You know, they probably need stitches or, you know, going to Walgreens at three in the morning getting band-aids, anything.

Dad - We'll get you that timeline, you post it on your site and that should help.

Reporter - We have that timeline. We will post it up. Anyone, if you see something, anything minor, call the tip line, if you were there in that area, any little piece of evidence can help the authorities. I want to give you one last moment to tell our audience anything else.

Dad - My last thing is, if you have a daughter or even a son in that area, turn on a tracker app. Share that information with your family. Don't walk around that town without everyone knowing who you are. You have to protect yourself. We have somebody lose. I don't wanna create a panic. I don't want to do anything like that but we know what we know. There's somebody out there. He's a psycho and your daughter needs to share her address with you. She might not like that, but that's what you do in times like this.

Reporter - That's right, C, S, before I let you go, because you have been talking with the investigators, what piece of information do you all feel is most important that could break this case wide open?

Mom - It's all digital, digital information, phone pinging off of their residence, somebody's ring cam and they're combing through that. And, obviously, physical evidence from inside the house.

Dad - If you have a router and you know you're within walking distance of this address and this happened, turn that into the evidence. Don't make them go find it. You give it to them. You reach out to them.

Mom - Your neighbour, because if he had his phone in his pocket walking, their phones... are so close, their phone was trying to connect to the Internet as he's walking through. If he had his phone, he/she, we're just assuming it's a he. Just let people know. Let the authorities know - 'my WI-FI is available to you, if you wanna search'. Don't make it hard, don't make it difficult. Don't make search warrants have to be gotten and to search for this. Just say 'hey I'm Kaylee, Maddie's neighbour, check my Wi-Fi, check my spectrum account, my Verizon account, whatever'.

Dad - You could be the key. You really could be the key.

Mom - I would think that the FBI's doing that, but, you know, we...

Dad - But it takes time and if you volunteer it instantly..

Reporter - C and S, you have been so kind and you have poured your heart out to our audience and we stand with you and the rest of the victim's families. Thank you all and we continue to pray for you guys. Thank you so much for joining me tonight.

If you Google Map the address and turn on satellite view or use streetview to go down Walenta Rd. you can see that someone who lives or walks in that area has a straight shot to the 3rd floor bedroom and balcony. Stalker's dream view with binoculars. Not a happy thought.
I haven’t totally caught up … has there been any mention of a “Stalker” in MSM??? Just wondering???

Agree it is a very scary thought!!!

IMO

According to the Idaho sex offender registry, there is a sex offender living in the big apartment complex right next door to the crime scene as well as one living right behind the area on Walenta Dr.

20th November.

Reporter - We are joined by the parent's of Kaylee Goncalves, one of the victim's of this tragedy, C and S Goncalves, thank you so much for joining us and we're so sorry for your loss. C and S, can you tell me about your daughter, tonight?

Dad - Our daughter was super driven, she was a 3x deans list member. Her grades were amazing, she competed with everybody. She loved competing. She was just a highly driven person who...

Dad - She had an internship that she was offered a full time position and we've worked with them and they've been great with us, this whole time. Yeah, she was driven and she was gonna go somewhere in life and a great member of society and that's what we wanted.

Reporter - You all have to be so proud of her and she was taken away from us far too soon. Can you tell us what the authorities have been telling you? We want to do anything that we can to help you to get justice for your daughter and the rest of the victims. What are they telling you?

Dad - They're telling us that there's so much evidence that it's gonna take a lot of time to process it all. This wasn't like a pinpoint crime. This person was sloppy. He did whatever he... when I say he, obviously you can't say that, that's just me, but he made a mess and there's a mess there and they're gonna have to go through that point by point and that's gonna take a lot of time. That's why they reached out to other facilities to help them with that lab work.

Mom - They do have a mobile unit on site. That they said they were able to really expedite things with this mobile unit. Hopefully, they're reaching out to other DNA, processing companies, such as, (??) to get involved. They have not confirmed that they have DNA from this person, they just said that they have a tonne of evidence. And evidently, today, with the new FBI task force on site and the FBI (??) and the Idaho State police said they were able to pull a tonne of evidence from the house today and they're processing that. It just takes time.

Reporter - We've only heard positive stories about your daughter, and the other victims out there. We couldn't find anybody to say anything about them. It's only been that they were givers, they loved everyone on campus. You see the videos on social media of them being so happy. Did you all have any clue? I mean, there hasn't been a murder, you guys, since 2015. Did you have any clue that they may be unsafe on the campus? Was there any indication?

Mom - Absolutely not. And if there were then we would have told Kaylee to come home immediately and same with Maddie. Maddie's family is our family. I know Maddie's.. we're very close with them. They are not speaking out, they choose not to speak out and they have asked us to please go ahead and speak on behalf of Maddie. They were best friends, from little girls. She was part of our family Kaylee's part of their family and absolutely not. Our son went to that college. No, no, absolutely not.

Mom - Very aware.

Dad - She'd turn her camera on. She would film when she thought somebody was following her out of a mall parking lot or a grocery store. She was very aware that, she was a pretty girl, and that could attract some problems. So, she was alert. She was a streetwise child.

Mom - She herself was a web sleuth. Literally through and through which is just so ironic and just so surreal and all of it, you know? Just very sad for families when she'd hear about this type of stuff happening, like, 'Mom, did you hear bout that or mom, did you hear about that? She was very well of her surroundings, very well. I mean, she would think somebody was following her and she would call me, 'Mom, I think there's somebody following me', and I'm like 'well, Kaylee, call the police', then she'd say 'oh never mind, they just turned into 711'. I mean, she was aware, very aware and she locked her doors at night and she locked her car.

Kaylee was home, had just been home, so we were so thankful that she's been home for a week and a half. She just bought a brand new vehicle for herself, her first vehicle. She had planned a trip. She was planning on backpacking across Europe for the month of January. Starting her new job in February with this internship so that she... wound up offering her a full-time, very well paid position, that she was very excited to take. And she was with us for the last week and a half. She went home on Friday to literally go show off her new vehicle. She was like 'Maddie has to see my new ride, like she has to see this'. And she was talking to Maddie the whole time, going back and forth between the car she was buying and said 'I'm not going to tell you, you're just gonna see me pull up and wait to see what I pull up in'. And that was Friday and we spoke to Kaylee on Saturday and she sent me pictures of... all of the pictures that are online. And they were both of our girls.

Reporter - When was the last time y'all spoke? What was that conversation like? Was it just like you described?

Mom - Kaylee called me on Saturday, my birthday was earlier in the week and I didn't get anything for my birthday, boohoo. She was like, you know, it was not a big deal, but Kaylee called me on Saturday and said 'mum I'll be home on Tuesday and I'm going to take you out to breakfast, lunch and dinner and it's all on me, all on me, and we'll celebrate your birthday', and I said 'well, I don't know if I believe that', meaning she'd pay, but 'that sounds great, Kaylee, and I'll see you on Tuesday, honey'. And then she sent me a couple of pictures of her and Maddie, and that was on Saturday afternoon around 3.

Reporter - Have you had the opportunity to talk with any other victim's family members? I know you all are grieving together.

Mom - Only Maddie's.

Mom - We've just had Maddie's mother and father here. They were here for a couple... and it was very emotional for us today. That was the first time that we had gotten together. And just sad. Sad beyond belief. Just beyond anybody's worst nightmare. I'm sure you could. only fathom. It's heart breaking. Maddie was an only child, but like I said, she was our child as well, and even if you asked Kaylee how many siblings she had, she would always say five. 'five sisters and a brother' and that was always Maddie. Maddie was in our oldest daughters wedding. She said 'all of my sisters are my bridesmaids', and Maddie was one of those bridesmaids and it was all of O (Maddie's sister) sisters, including Maddie. Every time we travelled out of the country or went on vacation, Maddie went with us. So, this is both of our girls and we will never stop looking for who killed them.

Reporter - We want to do everything that we can do in our power to get justice for your daughter. We keep hearing this name, Jack, and phone calls going back and forth there. Can you tell us anything about that?

Mom - We love Jack. Absolutely love Jack. We stand by Jack 1000%. Jack was Kaylee's boyfriend for many years. They just recently broke up. There is no animosity at all. It was a break up on Kaylee's point. It was not... they still talked every single day. Kaylee just thought that she needed a little break. They were on the mends of getting back together. Kaylee talked to Jack the whole time she was here for that week and a half.

Dad - One of her messages, one of her last messages - she reached out to Jack and said 'Jack, get back to me' and then she goes 'we share a dog together', which they did, she's like 'you need to reach out to me', so..

Mom - 'Please come over'. She was wanting Jack to come over there. Jack is not.. they're wasting their time with Jack and Jack is just as distraught as we are. Jack is our family. Jack is 1000%, 2000%, our family and Jack is with us and we stand behind him 100%. We're supporting him and we know in our hearts and our minds and our souls, in the depths of our souls. Jack is hurting and.. Kaylee and Jack would have eventually been married. They would eventually had children together. So, to say ex-boyfriend.. it was Kaylee just being a brat, you know, being like 'I just need a break', but Jack was in her heart and they were close to getting back together, and that was just Kaylee being Kaylee. So, absolutely, Jack is..

Mom - At all.

Reporter - Ma'am, can you tell me about what the mood is like in the town. You guys have been so brave to come on the programme tonight and talk about your daughter, talk about the other victims, talk about the investigation. But a lot of people that weren't even, I mean, it was your daughter that was murdered, they are afraid to come on air because they feel like they could be next. Are you hearing the same thing in the town?

Dad - I don't like the fear. I wanna share my address and give it to you to share with them. I have no fear whatsoever of this individual. I almost welcome him to come to my house. This community has been amazing. Everyday we wake up with more food than we can ever eat, doughnuts, things. People are giving, the whole communities crying. Everyone is hurting. Everyone feels the pain of this. I mean, one shining thing out of all of this is, I've never realised how beautiful my community is and how much love there is there for people. We just have one bad person and we have to find that guy.

Mom - Like my husband said - if he would like our address we'll gladly give it to him. We'd love for him to show up.

Dad - We're not running, I'm not hiding myself online, it's there, you can look me up.

Reporter - We continue to support you guys and we wanna remember your daughters legacy tonight. What can we do, in this stage of the investigation, to help our audiences?. We'll put the tip line number up, but what can we do right now to get you guys answers?

Mom - I think we need to post this timeline (the timeline was provided in one of the press releases) because it's a small community. This is like 6-7,000 people. We need to put a timeline out there, where random people can just look there. People don't know, but their Tesla's are filming 24/7, 7 days a week, so, there could be somebody who doesn't realise that they have evidence.

Mom - Their ring cams, their phones. They were out and they were recording and, you know what, they look and 'who what's that shady person.. look at that guy that just run back across the camera' and it's all those little things.

Mom - Gas stations - somebody going and buying candies. Obviously, they're checking hospitals for somebody going in and.. 'where was he when this person was wounded?, where was this person when this person got hurt in this struggle and altercation that took place that night'. You know, they probably need stitches or, you know, going to Walgreens at three in the morning getting band-aids, anything.

Dad - We'll get you that timeline, you post it on your site and that should help.

Reporter - We have that timeline. We will post it up. Anyone, if you see something, anything minor, call the tip line, if you were there in that area, any little piece of evidence can help the authorities. I want to give you one last moment to tell our audience anything else.

Dad - My last thing is, if you have a daughter or even a son in that area, turn on a tracker app. Share that information with your family. Don't walk around that town without everyone knowing who you are. You have to protect yourself. We have somebody lose. I don't wanna create a panic. I don't want to do anything like that but we know what we know. There's somebody out there. He's a psycho and your daughter needs to share her address with you. She might not like that, but that's what you do in times like this.

Reporter - That's right, C, S, before I let you go, because you have been talking with the investigators, what piece of information do you all feel is most important that could break this case wide open?

Mom - It's all digital, digital information, phone pinging off of their residence, somebody's ring cam and they're combing through that. And, obviously, physical evidence from inside the house.

Dad - If you have a router and you know you're within walking distance of this address and this happened, turn that into the evidence. Don't make them go find it. You give it to them. You reach out to them.

Mom - Your neighbour, because if he had his phone in his pocket walking, their phones... are so close, their phone was trying to connect to the Internet as he's walking through. If he had his phone, he/she, we're just assuming it's a he. Just let people know. Let the authorities know - 'my WI-FI is available to you, if you wanna search'. Don't make it hard, don't make it difficult. Don't make search warrants have to be gotten and to search for this. Just say 'hey I'm Kaylee, Maddie's neighbour, check my Wi-Fi, check my spectrum account, my Verizon account, whatever'.

Reporter - C and S, you have been so kind and you have poured your heart out to our audience and we stand with you and the rest of the victim's families. Thank you all and we continue to pray for you guys. Thank you so much for joining me tonight.
Love your transcripts!

Saves everyone a lot of time not having to chat in circles.

IIRC, from the floor plans that we have seen, the laundry room is on the first floor, where the two surviving roomates' bedrooms are. I do not think the killer could have spent time cleaning up on that level, without being heard by at least one of the roommates, and there has been at least some unconfirmed speculation that perhaps that level could have been locked off from the upper floors. I really believe that once the killing was over, the assailant probably got out and away from the house as quickly as possible. Why succeed in the killings you set out to do, only to risk getting caught hanging around after the fact. JMO
Can someone post the floor plan again? TIA

20th November.

Thank you for the transcript. Oh my gosh. My heart hurts for them. They sound like such a wonderful family. I hope they will find peace and justice.

Ethan was found in the hallway, not bed. It was reported in several MSM articles and the police Press Release, plus his parents said it in an interview from memory too. And Xana had defensive wounds. Hence why many people are assuming he heard something and went down the hallway, was attacked, which alerted Xana who then fought back, but was killed in the bedroom. Though it could just as easily be that he was also stabbed in the bedroom, didn't die immediately, so tried to go for help after the attacker left. But I'd be going for a phone, which you would assume they would have in their bedroom, before heading out for help. Which is why him heading out to investigate a sound above seems more plausible.
I'd love to see a source on this! If it is true that Ethan was found in the hallway, it makes a lot more sense - at least it certainly lends credence to the theory that Ethan +/- Xana were collateral.

20th November.

Mom - Very aware.

Mom - Only Maddie's.

Mom - At all.

You are a rock star @Allabouttrial. Thank you.

I haven’t totally caught up … has there been any mention of a “Stalker” in MSM??? Just wondering???

Agree it is a very scary thought!!!

IMO
Detective Mark Fuhrman on Fox News claimed that Kaylee had a stalker a couple of months ago, but his source was secondhand. She was a beautiful young girl with a large social media presence, so I'm sure she attracted some unwanted attentions at times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member