ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I think they were targeted too.

Additionally if you look at their SM at least some of the rooms have makeshift curtains (see image) making it possible to see into sections of the rooms and when lights are on or off. The large sliding door to the kitchen seems to have no curtain, so its possible the victims congregated in this room before going to bed, considering two of them had food to eat from the food truck. This could also explain why the two other girls survived, because they were already in their rooms before the perp arrived on the scene and were not visible from the rear side of the property.

So if the perp did come across an opportunity, they would have had to wait several hours before they could confidently go inside the house, being sure everyone was asleep.
As a mom of two college students thousands of miles away, this is the fuel for insomnia and stuff of nightmares. Yes I noticed there were no curtains on any of the windows that I saw.
Prayers for the families and friends, students, school, and community- to find some kind of peace as we know they will forever be changed

I believe Kaylee's family did an interview where they said that she had just gone down for a few days to show Maddie her new car. She was supposed to be returning home on the 15th I think.
I thought it was other way. Maddy was in town to show her new car. Was just about to graduate and move to TX?

ETA. Just read the parents’ transcript and saw it was Kaylee. So confused. Can’t keep all these kids’ info straight.

Last edited:
I don’t think the location of the red liquid on the outside wall is near that nook on the picture. That nook would have an interior wall on the other side.

I think the outside wall where the ‘blood’ is shown dripping is the wall you can see out of the kitchen window. It corresponds to an outer wall of a 2nd floor bedroom- likely where E and X were said to be sleeping.
JMO
Hmm...I've looked at the photos, and it's confusing. I can't tell where that photo is located on the house. I know I saw some explanation on here showing the house exterior and then zooming in on the blood, but I can't find that now. I guess we aren't sure which bedroom X&E were in. I had supposed the one on the back left, but I suppose it could have been the one on the front right. However, that would have put their bedroom directly over one of the survivor's bedroom, which would increase the likelihood they heard something.

That standing behind the BF 100% brings back memories of Scott Peterson. His in laws stood behind him and defended him 100%. Until they found out he had a GF.

JMO
J is a young kid...they all are/were. We need to be careful about assuming the worst of him. If he is innocent, can you imagine how much damage that could do?

To be fair, LE cant win either way because if they were saying nothing at all like they usually do, we would be complaining that we are speculating about nothing because nothing is actually known or verified from LE as they are not holding press conferences.

Look at the Delphi case where Liberty German and Abigail Williams were murdered in 2017 and the number of complaints regarding no updates or interactions from LE apart from the main press release in 2017 and again one in 2019.
They are damned if they do and damned if they don’t.
Think of them as human beings who are likely working 18/20 hour days right now as this will be a very fast moving QUADRUPLE Murder investigation that is attracting International interest and the pressure on the Investigation team will be immense and unrelenting. It would be bad enough with one victim but with 4 , it’s almost like running the equivalent of 4 separate investigations under one huge umbrella and it will be a huge amount of work and sheer number of calls being made to the action line and each and every one has to be looked into and either acted upon or refuted justifiably.
Its no easy task ( from experience of leading Murder investigations).
The staff will be exhausted and probably running on coffee , junk food and adrenaline right now

Good Post....!

I thought the same thing. To demonstrate the massive effort that is needed, I made a list of people, places, items, that LE is investigating or could be investigating at some point.

Some have been mentioned in the MSM and some have been mentioned here in previous posts.

Some are just things that came to mind from previous investigations
and these are MOO.....so please do not conflate with what we do know that LE is definitely looking at.

Each one of these would take considerable time and police effort. Just gathering and analyzing video from businesses and cell phone data would take a fair amount of time.

Earlier in Evening:
Bar patrons earlier in evening
Attendees at party that 2 victims attended
Video from party or from businesses along route to and from party
Video from cameras inside and outside of bar
People congregating at food truck
Video from cameras from businesses along all possible routes
Doorbell / Ring / camera video from homes along all possible routes
Suspicious vehicles / pedestrians from all videos
Driver that took 2 of the girls home from food truck
Dashcam video of cars in area at the time

House:
Cell phone data / location data from all phones of residents / guests
Persons texted /called: time / length / messages / missed / unanswered
Wi-Fi Router data from house
Landline pone data
Fingerprints taken from locations throughout inside / outside of house
DNA taken from throughout house and exterior items such as cars parked
DNA taken from victims and all residents / guests
Purchases of suspected type of knife
Purchases of sheath for suspected knife type.
Tire tracks
Search of landscape surrounding house
Blood type and blood spatter evidence
Footprints
Hair / fiber evidence collected
The 911 call
All possible routes of escape from house
All other forensic evidence collected at house: photos, etc.

People and Places:
Neighbor interviews
Other friends / family in contact with victims in prior days / weeks
Previous disturbances / police calls in area
Possible incidents at places / businesses in prior days not reported
Victims workplaces and associates / colleagues
Video from inside / outside of business open just prior and after attack
Inmates recently released from jail
Arrests / incidents recently reported in neighboring towns / cities
License plate readers on police or highway patrol cars
Toll and EZPASS readers on surrounding toll roads
Video from businesses where victims recently used debit or credit cards
Social Media postings of victims, residents, friends, relatives
Significant tips from public to police tip line

I don’t think the location of the red liquid on the outside wall is near that nook on the picture. That nook would have an interior wall on the other side.

I think the outside wall where the ‘blood’ is shown dripping is the wall you can see out of the kitchen window. It corresponds to an outer wall of a 2nd floor bedroom- likely where E and X were said to be sleeping.
JMO
It definitely looks like fairly fresh blood but I was thinking the same thing. It looks to be where the where the kitchen and corner of the 1 of the 2 2nd floor bedrooms come together. Another thing is that in all pics/vid I've seen there was never an evidence marker there. Having worked in construction/remodeling with my Dad for a few years, I would think it's a bit of a stretch that it's blood. You have to remember blood is thick viscose. It would have to go through floor, baseboard, sheetrock, over wood with a vapor barrier and down the wall. It's an older house so it's entirely possible that's what it is but it would have be a very leaky corner in the bedroom.

There are 6 bedrooms, 5 roommates, where is the 6th?

JMO
1st Floor (Basement) has 2 bedrooms, 1 is front right and one front left, with bathroom/laundry and the main house heater in the middle. The front door of the house with the lockpad opens into this basement, with a straight staircase immediately ascending to the left of the entrance. It comes out into the 2nd floor living room.

2nd Floor has 2 bedrooms, 1 is back left and the other is front right. The back left bedrooms is directly underneath a 3rd floor bedroom. The front right bedroom is directly over a 1st floor bedroom. The living room is front left. The 2nd staircase is back center, and the kitchen is back right.
3rd floor is located over the back side of the 2nd floor; 1 bedroom is back left (over a 2nd floor bedroom) and the 2nd bedroom is back right over the kitchen, with the split staircase coming up between them. The right bedroom is larger and opens onto a balcony.

@margarita25 yes that type of injury /hospital / pharmacy research was mentioned in the transcript with Kaylee's parents that you yourself posted just a few posts upthread :)
Thank you lol! I hadn’t gotten to reading that yet, so frantically just trying to collect & help organize information, post, document as much as possible during these crucial early stages, I have barely had a chance to read much of what I’ve collected from everyone. There’s a really a lot here, it’s a week later and I’m not even close to caught up!

Thankfully there is a lot of reference material to work with in the future, let’s hope there’s no future though and the killer is arrested ASAP and everyone can move onto the next step!

So, iirc, @Ontario Mom had mentioned the thought of a female perp. That hadn’t naturally crossed my mind...of course it’s possible...thinking more about this, wasn’t there a female who went on a stabbing rampage recently in Europe somewhere...whatever the case, I wonder if a female would commit this type of crime. Sure women have stabbed, but ykwim, has there been a female Ted Bundy type in the past? This was likely discussed previously, sorry I missed it. I would guess male, but I guess anything’s possible.

Interview with Kaylee's mom and dad.

20th November.

Reporter - We are joined by the parent's of Kaylee Goncalves, one of the victim's of this tragedy, C and S Goncalves, thank you so much for joining us and we're so sorry for your loss. C and S, can you tell me about your daughter, tonight?

Dad - Our daughter was super driven, she was a 3x deans list member. Her grades were amazing, she competed with everybody. She loved competing. She was just a highly driven person who...

Mom - Had many goals in life.

Dad - She had an internship that she was offered a full time position and we've worked with them and they've been great with us, this whole time. Yeah, she was driven and she was gonna go somewhere in life and a great member of society and that's what we wanted.

Reporter - You all have to be so proud of her and she was taken away from us far too soon. Can you tell us what the authorities have been telling you? We want to do anything that we can to help you to get justice for your daughter and the rest of the victims. What are they telling you?

Dad - They're telling us that there's so much evidence that it's gonna take a lot of time to process it all. This wasn't like a pinpoint crime. This person was sloppy. He did whatever he... when I say he, obviously you can't say that, that's just me, but he made a mess and there's a mess there and they're gonna have to go through that point by point and that's gonna take a lot of time. That's why they reached out to other facilities to help them with that lab work.

Mom - They do have a mobile unit on site. That they said they were able to really expedite things with this mobile unit. Hopefully, they're reaching out to other DNA, processing companies, such as, (??) to get involved. They have not confirmed that they have DNA from this person, they just said that they have a tonne of evidence. And evidently, today, with the new FBI task force on site and the FBI (??) and the Idaho State police said they were able to pull a tonne of evidence from the house today and they're processing that. It just takes time.

Reporter - We've only heard positive stories about your daughter, and the other victims out there. We couldn't find anybody to say anything about them. It's only been that they were givers, they loved everyone on campus. You see the videos on social media of them being so happy. Did you all have any clue? I mean, there hasn't been a murder, you guys, since 2015. Did you have any clue that they may be unsafe on the campus? Was there any indication?

Mom - Absolutely not. And if there were then we would have told Kaylee to come home immediately and same with Maddie. Maddie's family is our family. I know Maddie's.. we're very close with them. They are not speaking out, they choose not to speak out and they have asked us to please go ahead and speak on behalf of Maddie. They were best friends, from little girls. She was part of our family Kaylee's part of their family and absolutely not. Our son went to that college. No, no, absolutely not.

Dad - My daughter was aware of an environment.

Mom - Very aware.

Dad - She'd turn her camera on. She would film when she thought somebody was following her out of a mall parking lot or a grocery store. She was very aware that, she was a pretty girl, and that could attract some problems. So, she was alert. She was a streetwise child.

Mom - She herself was a web sleuth. Literally through and through which is just so ironic and just so surreal and all of it, you know? Just very sad for families when she'd hear about this type of stuff happening, like, 'Mom, did you hear bout that or mom, did you hear about that? She was very well of her surroundings, very well. I mean, she would think somebody was following her and she would call me, 'Mom, I think there's somebody following me', and I'm like 'well, Kaylee, call the police', then she'd say 'oh never mind, they just turned into 711'. I mean, she was aware, very aware and she locked her doors at night and she locked her car.

Kaylee was home, had just been home, so we were so thankful that she's been home for a week and a half. She just bought a brand new vehicle for herself, her first vehicle. She had planned a trip. She was planning on backpacking across Europe for the month of January. Starting her new job in February with this internship so that she... wound up offering her a full-time, very well paid position, that she was very excited to take. And she was with us for the last week and a half. She went home on Friday to literally go show off her new vehicle. She was like 'Maddie has to see my new ride, like she has to see this'. And she was talking to Maddie the whole time, going back and forth between the car she was buying and said 'I'm not going to tell you, you're just gonna see me pull up and wait to see what I pull up in'. And that was Friday and we spoke to Kaylee on Saturday and she sent me pictures of... all of the pictures that are online. And they were both of our girls.

Reporter - When was the last time y'all spoke? What was that conversation like? Was it just like you described?

Mom - Kaylee called me on Saturday, my birthday was earlier in the week and I didn't get anything for my birthday, boohoo. She was like, you know, it was not a big deal, but Kaylee called me on Saturday and said 'mum I'll be home on Tuesday and I'm going to take you out to breakfast, lunch and dinner and it's all on me, all on me, and we'll celebrate your birthday', and I said 'well, I don't know if I believe that', meaning she'd pay, but 'that sounds great, Kaylee, and I'll see you on Tuesday, honey'. And then she sent me a couple of pictures of her and Maddie, and that was on Saturday afternoon around 3.

Reporter - Have you had the opportunity to talk with any other victim's family members? I know you all are grieving together.

Mom - Only Maddie's.

Dad - They were just over our house a couple of hours ago.

Mom - We've just had Maddie's mother and father here. They were here for a couple... and it was very emotional for us today. That was the first time that we had gotten together. And just sad. Sad beyond belief. Just beyond anybody's worst nightmare. I'm sure you could. only fathom. It's heart breaking. Maddie was an only child, but like I said, she was our child as well, and even if you asked Kaylee how many siblings she had, she would always say five. 'five sisters and a brother' and that was always Maddie. Maddie was in our oldest daughters wedding. She said 'all of my sisters are my bridesmaids', and Maddie was one of those bridesmaids and it was all of O (Maddie's sister) sisters, including Maddie. Every time we travelled out of the country or went on vacation, Maddie went with us. So, this is both of our girls and we will never stop looking for who killed them.

Reporter - We want to do everything that we can do in our power to get justice for your daughter. We keep hearing this name, Jack, and phone calls going back and forth there. Can you tell us anything about that?

Mom - We love Jack. Absolutely love Jack. We stand by Jack 1000%. Jack was Kaylee's boyfriend for many years. They just recently broke up. There is no animosity at all. It was a break up on Kaylee's point. It was not... they still talked every single day. Kaylee just thought that she needed a little break. They were on the mends of getting back together. Kaylee talked to Jack the whole time she was here for that week and a half.

Dad - One of her messages, one of her last messages - she reached out to Jack and said 'Jack, get back to me' and then she goes 'we share a dog together', which they did, she's like 'you need to reach out to me', so..

Mom - 'Please come over'. She was wanting Jack to come over there. Jack is not.. they're wasting their time with Jack and Jack is just as distraught as we are. Jack is our family. Jack is 1000%, 2000%, our family and Jack is with us and we stand behind him 100%. We're supporting him and we know in our hearts and our minds and our souls, in the depths of our souls. Jack is hurting and.. Kaylee and Jack would have eventually been married. They would eventually had children together. So, to say ex-boyfriend.. it was Kaylee just being a brat, you know, being like 'I just need a break', but Jack was in her heart and they were close to getting back together, and that was just Kaylee being Kaylee. So, absolutely, Jack is..

Dad - We don't think he's a suspect.

Mom - At all.

Reporter - Ma'am, can you tell me about what the mood is like in the town. You guys have been so brave to come on the programme tonight and talk about your daughter, talk about the other victims, talk about the investigation. But a lot of people that weren't even, I mean, it was your daughter that was murdered, they are afraid to come on air because they feel like they could be next. Are you hearing the same thing in the town?

Dad - I don't like the fear. I wanna share my address and give it to you to share with them. I have no fear whatsoever of this individual. I almost welcome him to come to my house. This community has been amazing. Everyday we wake up with more food than we can ever eat, doughnuts, things. People are giving, the whole communities crying. Everyone is hurting. Everyone feels the pain of this. I mean, one shining thing out of all of this is, I've never realised how beautiful my community is and how much love there is there for people. We just have one bad person and we have to find that guy.

Mom - Like my husband said - if he would like our address we'll gladly give it to him. We'd love for him to show up.

Dad - We're not running, I'm not hiding myself online, it's there, you can look me up.

Mom - We can't speak for the other families

Reporter - We continue to support you guys and we wanna remember your daughters legacy tonight. What can we do, in this stage of the investigation, to help our audiences?. We'll put the tip line number up, but what can we do right now to get you guys answers?

Mom - I think we need to post this timeline (the timeline was provided in one of the press releases) because it's a small community. This is like 6-7,000 people. We need to put a timeline out there, where random people can just look there. People don't know, but their Tesla's are filming 24/7, 7 days a week, so, there could be somebody who doesn't realise that they have evidence.

Mom - Their ring cams, their phones. They were out and they were recording and, you know what, they look and 'who what's that shady person.. look at that guy that just run back across the camera' and it's all those little things.

Dad - Did you get gas at the time this activity was going on.

Mom - Gas stations - somebody going and buying candies. Obviously, they're checking hospitals for somebody going in and.. 'where was he when this person was wounded?, where was this person when this person got hurt in this struggle and altercation that took place that night'. You know, they probably need stitches or, you know, going to Walgreens at three in the morning getting band-aids, anything.

Dad - We'll get you that timeline, you post it on your site and that should help.

Reporter - We have that timeline. We will post it up. Anyone, if you see something, anything minor, call the tip line, if you were there in that area, any little piece of evidence can help the authorities. I want to give you one last moment to tell our audience anything else.

Dad - My last thing is, if you have a daughter or even a son in that area, turn on a tracker app. Share that information with your family. Don't walk around that town without everyone knowing who you are. You have to protect yourself. We have somebody lose. I don't wanna create a panic. I don't want to do anything like that but we know what we know. There's somebody out there. He's a psycho and your daughter needs to share her address with you. She might not like that, but that's what you do in times like this.

Reporter - That's right, C, S, before I let you go, because you have been talking with the investigators, what piece of information do you all feel is most important that could break this case wide open?

Mom - It's all digital, digital information, phone pinging off of their residence, somebody's ring cam and they're combing through that. And, obviously, physical evidence from inside the house.

Dad - If you have a router and you know you're within walking distance of this address and this happened, turn that into the evidence. Don't make them go find it. You give it to them. You reach out to them.

Mom - Your neighbour, because if he had his phone in his pocket walking, their phones... are so close, their phone was trying to connect to the Internet as he's walking through. If he had his phone, he/she, we're just assuming it's a he. Just let people know. Let the authorities know - 'my WI-FI is available to you, if you wanna search'. Don't make it hard, don't make it difficult. Don't make search warrants have to be gotten and to search for this. Just say 'hey I'm Kaylee, Maddie's neighbour, check my Wi-Fi, check my spectrum account, my Verizon account, whatever'.

Dad - You could be the key. You really could be the key.

Mom - I would think that the FBI's doing that, but, you know, we...

Dad - But it takes time and if you volunteer it instantly..

Reporter - C and S, you have been so kind and you have poured your heart out to our audience and we stand with you and the rest of the victim's families. Thank you all and we continue to pray for you guys. Thank you so much for joining me tonight.
Thankyou so much for this! I’m really impressed how strong the parents are to do the interview and make sure they get as much info as possible into it.

The killer(s) almost had to have been well-prepared or trained on how to carry this out in the middle of the night, lurking inside or out while figuring out the right time to sneak in and around with most likely very little light in the house, creeping up and down at least one flight of stairs and room by room as they ambushed 4 innocent lives without making a sound that would wake everyone up. Even though it's been suggested that the crime scene was very sloppy, the perp(s) appear to have been highly sophisticated imo
I was thinking the same thing. That and the nature/type of the apparent knife makes me consider the possibility of former military/paramilitary. I have a possibility to bring up here that I have not seen in the threads thus far (unless I missed it). This may be a bit far-fetched but hear me out. Could this have been a mistaken identity "hit" by an organization such as a drug cartel? Cartels are known to do such things to "make an example" of those who cross them. Is it possible that the wrong house was "hit", or perhaps one of the kids in the house had a drug problem and owed the wrong people money? The use of a knife, while often regarded as a "personal" attack, also has the earmarks of someone trying to operate in a silent or low-noise manner. Just a thought.

She took a selfie during the food truck video not long before they left. Facing toward the food truck she raised her phone up in the air as if to capture the people behind her.
This is after the vvvv annoying car start, and right after the female orders Death By Garlic with Chicken in the twitch feed.
Oh yes! I remember seeing that and also seeing her possibly messaging on her phone while she was waiting.

Kalia, I read it on here in some of the earlier threads, but there are way too many pages to scroll back through to find the. A quick Google search found this article ( Exact spot bodies of four students killed in home were found is revealed), where it says he was found on the floor of the second story, but I'm certain in one of the other articles, or in an interview his mother gave, it was clearly stated he was found on the floor in the hall.

My guess is he is the "unconscious person" the surviving flatmate/s found, and they called one of his friend's to come help (as Ethan's mother also stated early on that it was one of his friend's who called 911).
The 2nd story does have a hall-like area.

When exactly was the dog let out and back inside as far as we know?
Maybe the suspect was lurking and quietly called the dog over to greet it. Perhaps the girls heard something out there or saw the dog go to something/someone and that is why they called 10 times on the phone.

Why would someone totally unfamiliar with a house risk entering where a pit pull or two could be sleeping?
Maybe they knew what kind of dog they had. It was a golden doodle from the pictures I've seen. If they had been scoping this house out they may have known about this dog.

It definitely looks like fairly fresh blood but I was thinking the same thing. It looks to be where the where the kitchen and corner of the 1 of the 2 2nd floor bedrooms come together. Another thing is that in all pics/vid I've seen there was never an evidence marker there. Having worked in construction/remodeling with my Dad for a few years, I would think it's a bit of a stretch that it's blood. You have to remember blood is thick viscose. It would have to go through floor, baseboard, sheetrock, over wood with a vapor barrier and down the wall. It's an older house so it's entirely possible that's what it is but it would have be a very leaky corner in the bedroom.
Maybe thinner blood from alcohol consumption. I keep thinking maybe these older houses aren't perfectly level.

The 6th is the other bedroom on the 2nd floor, evidently not occupied.
1st floor 2 survivors bedrooms
2nd floor X bedroom and empty bedroom
3rd floor K and M bedrooms
I'm not sure if Kaylee had already emptied her bedroom. If so, it may not have had furniture. I think she and M would have shared a room anyway, since they were so close and had some catching up to do before Kaylee was going to be traveling in Europe and moving to TX. I had wondered if M moved into K's old room after she left, since it was bigger and had the balcony.

JMO
If the red liquid on the outside of the house is indeed blood, there is no way it's source was from the interior murder scene. It would more likely be from the intruder escpaping along the exterior. Blood flowing sideways then through the wall and the tyvek just isn't feasible.

Wow - New Update to Press Conference - Surviving roommates called friends to residence and none are suspects.

Moscow Homicide Update November 20, 2022
MOSCOW, Idaho – The Moscow Police Department is providing the following information to update the public on the known facts surrounding the four murders that occurred on November 13th in Moscow, Idaho.
Updated Information:
  •  Detectives are releasing that on the morning of November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call originated from inside the residence on one of the surviving roommates’ cell phone. Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before a Moscow Police officer arrived at the location. Officers entered the residence and found the four victims on the second and third floors.
  •  At this time in the investigation, detectives do not believe any individual at the residence, when 911 was called, is involved in this crime.
  •  Rumors and speculation continue circulating about the ongoing investigation. MPD cautions the public not to rely on rumors and remains committed to keeping the public informed. We urge reliance on official channels for accurate information.
  •  TIPS: Detectives are looking for context to the events and people involved in these murders. Anyone who observed notable behavior, has video surveillance, or can provide relevant information is asked to call the Tip Line at 208-883-7180 or email tipline@ci.moscow.id.us.
Moscow, ID | Official Website

The 6th is the other bedroom on the 2nd floor, evidently not occupied.
1st floor 2 survivors bedrooms
2nd floor X bedroom and empty bedroom
3rd floor K and M bedrooms
Sorry, but how do we know whose bedroom’s were whose? Are you speculating or do we have a MSM link to confirm all of this? If so I haven’t seen it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member