ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it was the medical examiner who described what the weapon would be, based on the puncture wounds.

This was just posted about an hour ago… listening closely some of this info is interesting.

1. No suspect or POI’s yet
2. Biggest Priority right now is surveillance footage from the Neighborhood the crime occurred in.
3. “ knowing the evidence from the crime scene itself , the detective and chief of police feel comfortable saying this was UNDOUBTEDLY a directed and targeted attack. “

Edited - Man I really hope they press the issue of explaining why they are so confident about it being “ targeted “ tomorrow.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but could it be possible that the dog was already "missing" when they came home for the night & that is why "jack" was being called from both the girls? Would also make sense as to why the message or vm left for Jack stated to call her back that they shared a dog together ?????
It is possible, but they had a fenced back yard. Did it get out?
Why would they let the dog out in the front so it could wander off in the middle of the night? Seems odd
IMO

Very much so. What’s this about 5 years ago?
Having a hard time finding that post, but here in an article about it from 2017. The more recent article indicated the person responsible for the initial incident was identified but those responsible for later episodes were not.

“Autopsies were conducted on November 17th and the Latah County Coroner confirmed the identity of the four murdered individuals and their cause and manner of death as homicide by stabbing. The coroner stated the four victims were likely asleep, some had defensive wounds, and each was stabbed multiple times. There was no sign of sexual assault.”

Why is this information following Autopsies credited to the coroner? The coroner did not do the autopsies, she is not an MD or an ME. Autopsies were completed by a forensic pathologist= who has not been named, and the autopsy reports have not been released.
Is it because the Coroner made a public statement?
Did the info released by the coroner come from the ME?

IMO
Per one of the first interviews with the coroner, she said the ME in Spokane did the autopsies, but she was present.

Whoa!! that’s a total change. It said evening last night. Hmmmmm now I have to rethink about everything.
Yes, like others have said and a lot better than me, just speculate it was crated or otherwise isolated or restrained in some manner at nighttime. Could that have been common knowledge for someone outside the circle of acquaintances, or who just happened to be observing from some external vantage point? Possibly, I guess.

There's also the coming into town only for the weekend aspect of things. Was the dog being present an unexpected turn of events? Maybe the dog did make noise, which could have saved other lives? Impossible to know I guess. One might imagine knowledge of a dog sometimes residing there as being pretty obvious, with the potential for outdoor walks, bathroom breaks, and social media posts, etc. (Assuming this wasn't a spur of the moment atrocity.) But, in my opinion, just having a dog, any dog, could discourage intrusion by many stranger home intruders who did any amount planning. Yet, as far as we know, the dog remained unharmed and was discovered on the morning of the incident. Awful risky, potentially. MOO.

I just read a yahoo report that stated that the person Kaylee’s phone called 7 times the night of the murders, has been cleared. Is that true?
Towards the end of this video are photos of that person. I don't know if he's been officially cleared, but certainly Kaylee's family has been trusting of him. Kaylee and her boyfriend had recently broken up to take a break for a bit, and they shared their dog.

Video worth watching here:

I just don't buy LE actually found much evidence linked to the perp. Of course its sloppy. 4 people were stabbed to death and at least one fought back. There IS alot of evidence. Every drop of victims blood is an individual piece of "evidence". If the perp was so "sloppy" Why are we so far out with no POI. To me this looks more like an organized killer.
Just because its a sloppy crime scene with lots of evidence doesn't mean any of the evidence is left by the killer. I think they have shoe prints and maybe prints from a glove. I don't believe the perp cut himself with his own blade. JMO

Yes, but where did the investigation's defining word become "sloppy"? And, even though the killer may not have left much evidence of himself behind, there must be a trail somewhere. Somebody knows something.

The Idaho4 killer had no compulsion to stop and there was no coercion interfering before the four were dead. Each victim had more than one stab wound and maybe at least one had defensive injuries.

The killer struck when the victims were at their weakest moments by either finding them asleep or half asleep and half intoxicated. I did not think K was as intox as M appeared to my ole green eyes when viewed on the twitch stream. She fiddled with her phone and took a pic of Maddie. The girls could not have been asleep for a very long period when they died if K's ph made a call to J at 2:51am. Is that the correct time? LEO has TOD around 3 - 4am?

So senseless, much sorrow. mhoo omhoo

It's multifactorial and really depends on the crime they've committed. Those who commit crimes of passion usually have problems with anger and impulse control. They're disinhibited and a number of things cause disinhibition, including drugs and alcohol, but in some cases, organic brain disease can cause it (though those folks may be too impaired to commit murder).

I don't believe this was a crime of passion. I believe this was premediated (MOO) and the perp is likely an antisocial type. We don't really know what causes antisocial personalities, but the thinking is, like most personality disorders, it's a combination of nature and nurture.
The amount of sustained rage or psychopathy this type of attack would seem to require is staggering.

So LE says. I’m still frustrated with how quickly some of these POI have been cleared.

Well, bear in mind that none of them have been POI as WS defines it—and that it’s almost certain that most, if not all of them, ARE in fact innocent—most of them have to be innocent, unless we believe in a Murder on the Orient Express type scenario.

I hope that there’s evidence we’re not aware of that serves to quickly eliminate potential suspects—perhaps evidence that the killer was cut, and dripped blood on the floor. In that case, people with no cuts on their hands can be cleared—tentatively, of course. All this just my speculation.

I just read a yahoo report that stated that the person Kaylee’s phone called 7 times the night of the murders, has been cleared. Is that true?
Hi @gitana1 - Nice to see you!
NYT says cleared but LE site does not exclude him.
A reminder, per the NYT (paywalled) article:

Investigators have yet to identify a suspect. They have, however, preliminarily ruled out several people, including:
  • A man seen with Ms. Goncalves and Ms. Mogen in the video footage at the food truck.
  • The man who gave Ms. Goncalves and Ms. Mogen a ride home.
  • The two surviving housemates, who were in the house during the attack.
  • The friends who were called to the house by the surviving housemates the morning after the attacks.
  • Mr. DuCoeur, the former boyfriend of one victim.
  • The victims themselves.
link

Hopefully this seeming contradiction will be addressed at the next press conference. As someone else suggested, he may or may not fall under one of the other listed categories such as one of the 911 callers or the man who arrived with K&M at the grub truck. Since the NYT included him in their list by name, I would guess a reporter will ask for clarity in the Q&A if the info is not given upfront in the case update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member