Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
a21476d2-b098-4094-9fb1-72772886f50f_1920x1080.jpg

• The Fults family
    Dubbed 'Idaho's famous triplets'
  • Missing records
    Her name is there, but she isn't.
  • Suspicions rise
    Rumors ran wild. Secrets weren't so secret.
  • A new case
    After 84 years, the police department is officially searching for Agnes Fults
  • Family ties
    It's not about money or attention. It's about a final resting place.
Agnes Fults gave birth to triplets in 1934 – Josephine, Julene and Joyce Fults – who were instant stars in the local newspaper for being Twin Falls County’s first trio. The papers followed their every move through certain milestones and birthdays. More at link

Clara Agnes Knight, known as Agnes, was born in Tennessee in 1907. She later married Alton Fults in 1929 and gave birth to her first girl, Mabel, in 1930. Three years later, the family moved across the country to Kimberly, Idaho to a small home at 553 Main Street, surrounded by potato cellars, train tracks and farmland.

[snip]

“Mommy put her to bed the night before. She woke up in the morning and her mother was just gone. Her things were there, her clothes were still there. Everything was still there. But mom just wasn't there. She remembers asking where mom was, and everyone told her to stop asking,” Hardesty said. “Eventually, they just told her mom was gone and she wasn't coming back, that she didn't want her anymore, that she had run away.”

[snip]

“He [the police chief] believed that a family member had killed her and that she was buried underneath a potato cellar.”

[snip]

Arrington can’t comment on what the police chief may have said back in the 1960’s because it’s an open investigation – but he can say that based on the information that was brought to him, police have reached out to outside agencies to utilize ground penetrating radar to search “areas of interest.”
Hardesty and Trotter said the places in Kimberly planned for radar searching are the areas near the old Fults home, which is no longer standing. The property is an empty, barren lot across from Centennial Park – but those who drive by on Main Street, or Highway 30, can still see the old utilities and pipes sticking up out of the ground.

Just feet behind the old Fults’ property lies Silas Givens' home at the time, just off Givens Road behind a storage unit near a set of railroad tracks. Trotter said there are old potato cellars under Centennial Park (right across from the old Fults property), the storage unit and around the area of the railroad tracks.

She fell and broke an arm.

The Fults filed suit in district court seeking damages stemming from an auto collision. $1,289 in injuries and vehicle damage.

Last edited:
She fell and broke an arm.

The Fults filed suit in district court seeking damages stemming from an auto collision. $1,289 in injuries and vehicle damage.
This is interesting. I wonder how many people were suing each other in a small town in 1938? My own opinion and statistics would support she was most likely a victim of domestic violence. Possibly the arm fracture in 1936 supports this? Or she just broke her arm, as people do. And another possibility is the story the triplets heard as children, that she ran off and abandoned her family.

But this lawsuit could point to neighbors feuding in a small community. If neighbors were involved, I don’t think her death would be a secret. I hope her great-granddaughters find answers someday.

ETA: 1936 arm fracture

Last edited by a moderator:
This is interesting. I wonder how many people were suing each other in a small town in 1938? My own opinion and statistics would support she was most likely a victim of domestic violence. Possibly the arm fracture in 1936 supports this? Or she just broke her arm, as people do. And another possibility is the story the triplets heard as children, that she ran off and abandoned her family.

But this lawsuit could point to neighbors feuding in a small community. If neighbors were involved, I don’t think her death would be a secret. I hope her great-granddaughters find answers someday.

ETA: 1936 arm fracture
I thought the incident was interesting too. I found this follow up. I wonder who the 17 year old passenger, Charles Stayley, was.
The Twin Falls News 17 Sep 1938, page 10 - Newspapers.com

Last edited:
From the new story @imstilla.grandma posted:

“In March of 1939, the Twin Falls Idaho Evening Times reported that the Fults triplets and their mother were ill with the measles.

After that, there was no further mention of Agnes Fults in the local newspaper.
“All of a sudden the last article was in 1939 in the spring, and then after that, it was nothing. Everything stopped. Nothing at all,” Hardesty said.

A year later, the triplets moved to Altamont, Tennessee with their aunt, Martha Hagerman. Hagerman and the triplets eventually came back to Kimberly in 1949, the Times-News reported. Again, there is no mention of their mother.

…they found a 1939 record of members of the Kimberly Nazarene Church. Agnes Fults is shown to be removed from the church by a board decision. However, no one knows why…

The cousins also found an April 4 1940 US Census, which shows Alton Fults is listed living with his brother, his four daughters and Agnes Fults’ sister, Martha Hagerman. Under Alton Fults’ marital status, it shows he’s married – but living apart from his wife.”

Hmm, I wonder.

I didn't read any of the links, so maybe this has been addressed, but are any of Agnes' children still alive?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back