ID - Daralyn Johnson, 9, Nampa, Murdered in 1982

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by Gardener1850, May 4, 2020.

1. cocomod

cocomod Well-Known Member

'A decadeslong nightmare': 2C officials charge convicted sex offender in 9-year-old girl's 1982 death

On Feb. 24, 2020 — exactly 38 years after Johnson's body was found — investigators questioned Dalrymple.

When 62-year-old was told the interview was in reference to an 1982 abduction, "almost immediately, Dalrymple indicated he was not living in Nampa at the time," court records show. He said he was in the military — although, he had been discharged in 1981. Dalrymple later claimed to have been living with his parents in McCall.

Dalrymple said he knew Fain had been arrested in the Johnson case and eventually exonerated.

Investigators then asked Dalrymple to provide a DNA sample, and he declined and told them to get a warrant, court records show. On March 12, a swab was taken after a use of force detention order was obtained.

And last week, on April 30, investigators received the results, which showed "Dalrymple's DNA sample is genetically identical to the pubic hair found in (Johnson's) underwear," court records show.

2. ReadySet

ReadySet Well-Known Member

Holy crap. He lived right in the neighborhood.

Luckyzmom, watcher9, Alice253 and 5 others like this.
  3. nhmemorymaker

nhmemorymaker Well-Known Member

thank you Gardener1850.... sometimes these processes seem daunting...so glad you know how to set these up.

Luckyzmom, d4j, Diddian and 4 others like this.
  4. nhmemorymaker

nhmemorymaker Well-Known Member

thank you Gardener1850.... sometimes these processes seem daunting...so glad you know how to set these up.

Alice253 and MajorHoople like this.
  5. ReadySet

I'm pretty sure he's been in prison since 2003 or 2004 but can't give you an exact link yet.

6. ReadySet

Reading around as I've been googling, I see how very many old cold cases have been solved recently, some even older than Daralyn's. I knew some, but didn't realize the extent. So very many.

I'm so glad Daralyn's parents and family and others who lover her don't have to wonder any longer.

Luckyzmom, watcher9, Niner and 6 others like this.
  7. ReadySet

But where was he and what was he doing between 1982 and arrest in the early 2000s?

watcher9 and Alice253 like this.
  8. Diddian

Diddian Well-Known Member

I looked at a map to see the proximity of their address from the school. VERY close. It seems you could almost watch the child from the edge of the property and see her nearly all the way to the school boundary.

Horrifying that a human being who wills himself into becoming a monster can enter such a tiny margin of unprotected space, take someone's precious child, and in doing so, destroy so many lives.

Areas around schools and other places children occupy should be heavily surveilled.

Niner, Alice253 and dotr like this.
  9. ReadySet

bbm
    His address? Where did you find it?

10. Diddian

NOT his, but hers. Her full obituary is provided on Find a Grave. I was looking at her address relative to her school.

I don't know, but assume his was not in the immediate area since witnesses said they saw a suspicious car approach her. So, I assume he was driving around and scouting for kids near schools.

I've searched (using "Dalrymple" and "Nampa"), but cannot find his address although I do see other immediate family members have lived at a variety of addresses in the Nampa area (parts of their street addresses are blocked out at those sites where I've found info.) His name came up in the list of associates to those I found.

watcher9, Alice253 and ReadySet like this.
  11. Diddian

Check your inbox. I sent you a private message.

Alice253 and ReadySet like this.
  12. ReadySet

Oh ok.
    He did live close to her.

bbm

That SNP profile showed that the DNA belonged to a male. The FBI then used the profile to find the Dalrymple family, which court document say included four boys and two girls who lived in Idaho. Investigators narrowed the family down to David Dalrymple, who also lived at a home that would be on Daralyn's route to school.

After nearly 40 years, DNA evidence connects man to the murder of a 9-year-old Nampa girl

13. Sticksandspades

Sticksandspades All comments are MOO

For those of you also following the JJ & Tylee thread, this case law is worth the read as it tracks similarly to changing lawyers and self-representation with a 'crazy' defense.
    FindLaw's Supreme Court of Idaho case and opinions.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    watcher9, Alice253 and ReadySet like this.
  14. Diddian

After he took over as his own lawyer and testified as witness in his own defense, he tried to call his victims as witnesses. Disgusting.

Thank goodness the court denied his attempt to call the child victim.

There is no hell hot enough.

15. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

I'd like to follow this case - but is there anyone here that can access Canyon County court site? I can't...

TIA! if you can!

and
    From an article:

Currently, Dalrymple is serving a 20-year-to-life sentence at the Idaho State Correctional Institution in Kuna after he was convicted in 2004 on charges of kidnapping, lewd conduct & sexual abuse involving a minor between the age of 9 and 11 in separate, Ada County case. Court records show Dalrymple appealed the conviction numerous times, but it was denied by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in 2012.
    Taylor said the sheriff’s office will wait to serve Dalrymple with this latest warrant until sometime this summer because of the COVID-19 pandemic and the 62-year-old’s “ensured incarceration.”

So - no...

16. ReadySet

Hi Niner, I can access the iCourt Portal for Idaho, but can't find anything for DD. When I search for court hearings, I find nothing. When I search for records, it has said unable to process for the past 24 hours. Wait. Ok found it. There's a lot, going to take a while to find anything current. I'll be back later.
    iCourt Portal - Online records & payments for the Idaho courts

17. Niner

Thank you @ReadySet ! I know that the warrant won't be served until this summer, but wanted to get the correct charges on him. :)

18. ReadySet

dbm

19. ReadySet

I can find nothing current. He has a long record.

Suglo, Alice253 and Niner like this.
  20. Niner

Suglo, Alice253 and ReadySet like this.