ID ID - Deborah Swanson, 31, Coeur D'Alene, 29 March 1986

Could these two cases be linked?

5bfdb00b470b7.image.jpg

Left: Sally Anne Stone (aka Ries) age 21 . Right Deborah Swanson, age 31 Both missing in 1986 from Coeur d Alene, ID

On March 29, 1986 Deborah Jean Swanson was reported missing after she went jogging on Tubbs Hill. Witnesses last saw her walking onto the hill and her car was found in the parking lot, undisturbed, by police the next day. Deborah was 31 at the time she disappeared and would be 60-year-old old today. Police believe she was the victim of foul play.

Deborah Swanson is described as white, 5'4", 130 pounds, blonde hair and blue eyes.

The second cold case police are hoping to solve is that of Sally Anne Stone, aka Sally Anne Ries. She was reported missing two months after the disappearance of Deborah Swanson. Her family reported her missing on May 28th, 1986 and just like Swanson, police found Stone's car at her house undisturbed. At the time of her disappearance, Stone was off work due to an injury from her job as an exotic dancer at the Kontiki Bar at the Stateline.

Police believe Sally was also the victim of foul play. She was 21 at the time of her disappearance and would be 50-year-old today. She is 5'2", 115-130 pounds, brown hair, and hazel eyes. She has a tattoo on her right shoulder of a parrot standing on a branch in front of a half moon. There is a ribbon under the parrot that reads "Teko's" on it. Stone also has a scar approximately 5 to 6 inches long on her abdomen that is possibly from a cesarean operation.

Anyone who has information on either of these cases is asked to call Crime Stoppers of the Inland Northwest at 1-800-222-TIPS. Callers are asked to use a code name or number and do not have to give their own name to be eligible for a cash reward.

LINKS:

Rewards being offered for information in 29-year-old cold cases

ID - ID - Sally Stone, 21, Coeur d'Alene, 28 Aug 1986

I'd like to add that many believe the disappearance and apparent abduction of Julie Weflen is linked to these cases. Unfortunately, one well known person of interest has recently passed away. I hope somehow these cases can still be solved.

I'd like to add that many believe the disappearance and apparent abduction of Julie Weflen is linked to these cases. Unfortunately, one well known person of interest has recently passed away. I hope somehow these cases can still be solved.
I agree with you. I hope these cases are closed soon so that the family has the peace they need... I think she was kidnapped leaving the store where she bought her things or they were following her...
rest in peace

Does anyone have any information about the party Debbie attended shortly before her disappearance? Feel free to pm me if you don't want to post here.
Hi @SnoopingPacNw I've never heard about a party but I'm intrigued.....do you have any details or do you know whose party she attended? Debbie was a teacher at my elementary school and we lived there when she went missing. Thanks!

Hi @SnoopingPacNw I've never heard about a party but I'm intrigued.....do you have any details or do you know whose party she attended? Debbie was a teacher at my elementary school and we lived there when she went missing. Thanks!

I do not have any details on the party but do know she disappeared from Tubbs Hill and I read other women had been attacked on the trail but couldn't find any specifics.

Bump for Deborah

10 Unidentified Person Exclusions
1701099567639.jpeg
1701099577999.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members