ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the store clerk actually saw the missing toddler at 6 this would mean a possible kidnapping. She should be able to easily state if the man with the boy was not the father of missing boy, or even if the toddler she saw was the same as the missing boy. Then check her work schedule ..and of course receipts from the registrar which should tell time, date and what purchased, at least amounts anyway and the picture should get a lot clearer.

How long does it take before a deceased person who is not in water start to smell? We know the smell is awful..and what type of scavenger animals are around that area? Maybe they need to start using their noses and look for the scavenger birds or whatever and where they are seeming to congregate. JMO

Here is a slightly "tilted" view of the camp area to give a sense of terrain.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Timber+Creek+Campground/@44.5859431,-113.4649946,336a,20y,180h,41.16t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x5357b2face15292b:0x50f57ef867884c6

(I'm not sure how well this link will work for those of you on mobile. When I checked the link on my mobile the map wasn't tilted anymore.)

I'm guessing that the family was camped near where the truck is on google earth view as you can see the picnic table and campfire ring beside it. The creek is just on the other side of the truck. The reservoir is in the direction of the back of the truck.

Here's an even more tilted, longer range view, which provides perspective as to how much higher the reservoir is than the camping area as well as the relative positioning/sight line of the road above (and across the creek) where they were camping .

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Timber+Creek+Campground/@44.5939947,-113.4663488,284a,20y,180h,82.21t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x5357b2face15292b:0x50f57ef867884c6

As others have said, I'm curious about the camping 'arrangements'. If they had tents...wouldn't the tents still be there for investigation reasons and wouldn't comments have been made about who was where (including the friend). Would they have had enough sleeping space for 4 adults and a toddler if they were sleeping in the truck(s)?
:thinking:

BBM. Not comfortably. The place was beyond rustic, it was primitive.

We've been given no real details of anything at all.

JMO

I don't think he took him for a candy bar. It is just mentioned that they were there earlier, and while they were there he gave Deorr a candy bar. I believe the family was in the car which leads me to believe they were on their way in to campsite and stopped for supplies. JMO

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This happens to us every time. No matter how careful I am about packing we get there and find out we forgot something, and if I have to drive half an hour to get tampons I'm going to get a Snickers bar too.

This happens to us every time. No matter how careful I am about packing we get there and find out we forgot something, and if I have to drive half an hour to get tampons I'm going to get a Snickers bar too.
Lol, I agree! Under those circumstances the snickers bar is practically mandatory. You would be suspect otherwise[emoji6]

Thank you to those that posted the pictures and maps of the area. Makes it so much more real. I am not a camper. I only camp at Hampton Inns so looking at this vast area makes me a bit dizzy. Taking a 2 year old and a great grandpa and his friend way out in this wilderness gives me all kinds of willies. I need to be at a place with people and services.

With that said it is beautiful for those that enjoy such things. I can see free spirits loving the vastness and camping close to the creek and reservoir.

Thinking about this little lost boy is just the saddest thing. A weekend of adventure has turned into this nightmare.

We have been sharing DeOrr's story on a FB page I run with Still Seek Answers called Never Forget Me; around the time he went missing, a 9 yr old autistic Michigan boy had been missing for 6 days when he was found in a lake. The lake had been dredged 3 times. I've never had a good feeling when I heard about the water. Praying he's found today

Sonar robot being used in search for missing East Idaho toddler
Bonneville County Det. Eric Southwick says late Thursday night the Lemhi County Sheriff's Office requested the use of their dive team.

Divers have been in the water numerous times scouring nearby Stone Reservoir for any clue as to the whereabouts of the child.

This new dive team has the capabilities of side sonar, according to Bonneville County. Divers typically use a sonar robot to assist them in muddy or foggy waters.

The waters of Stone Reservoir are clear. The lake is small with a muddy bottom, according to Lemhi County Chief Deputy Steve Penner.

I am not Sleuthing family so don't take this wrong, but I really wish we had information on grandpa's friend. Did I miss an interview where he was named and cleared? I'm starting to think that not speaking about him may be intentional on LE's part. I feel so horrible for these parents. What they must be enduring right now. No one should have to live this nightmare.

I was reading one of the articles you linked here: Update: Grandma of Missing 2 year old: He just vanished

I started to read some of the comments and one of th individuals who submitted comments, JMboully, has posted a number of comments about an incident when him/her 3-year old grandson went missing during a camping trip. They ended up finding him the next morning. Very interesting to read - here are some excerpts:

Once the sun started to come up, my dad and brother took off on horseback. My dad was riding a horse that he didn't usually ride, and he was in front of my brother and his horse. After a ways, my dad's horse started heading up a steep part of a hillside which was in heavy timber. My brother was wondering why my dad was going that direction, but it was actually his horse that just decided to veer off the trail and head uphill. Not too far up the hillside my dad's horse stopped and my dad noticed something blue by a couple of fallen down trees. He pointed to it and told my brother, I see something blue. They both realized it was Dawson, who looked like he had just sat up and was waiting for them

He was found about 1/2 mile away from our campsite, but it was an 1100-ft incline in that 1/2 mile...certainly much more than anyone would have expected out of a 3 year old. He had found two logs that had fallen over and had a pine needle base for a bed and a small tree sapling that covered it, which I know helped to keep him warm. It was in the low 30s that night and he was dressed in swim trunks, water shoes and a light jacket.

MODERATORS - please forgive me if I am violating any rules by posting comments from an article.

I am not Sleuthing family so don't take this wrong, but I really wish we had information on grandpa's friend. Did I miss an interview where he was named and cleared? I'm starting to think that not speaking about him may be intentional on LE's part. I feel so horrible for these parents. What they must be enduring right now. No one should have to live this nightmare.

I don't think they have given us any information on grandpa's friend. I haven't seen LE even mention him in any of the interviews. There are so much about this case that is not being revealed. Don't know if it is intentional or if it is a cultural thing. Are people in that part of Idaho generally private people?

The Sheriff's office has stated its frustration with the rumors and speculation on social media. IMO the lack of details and information being given to the public fuels the speculation. If they would be more forthcoming with facts, people wouldn't need to speculate as much.

I don't think they have given us any information on grandpa's friend. I haven't seen LE even mention him in any of the interviews. There are so much about this case that is not being revealed. Don't know if it is intentional or if it is a cultural thing. Are people in that part of Idaho generally private people?

The Sheriff's office has stated its frustration with the rumors and speculation on social media. IMO the lack of details and information being given to the public fuels the speculation. If they would be more forthcoming with facts, people wouldn't need to speculate as much.

Have they ever even said if Grampa's "friend" is a man or a woman? Did they all arrive in one truck, or did they have two vehicles?

If the store clerk actually saw the missing toddler at 6 this would mean a possible kidnapping. She should be able to easily state if the man with the boy was not the father of missing boy, or even if the toddler she saw was the same as the missing boy. Then check her work schedule ..and of course receipts from the registrar which should tell time, date and what purchased, at least amounts anyway and the picture should get a lot clearer.

I agree... The inconsistencies should be fairly easy to settle:

- Visual ID of man and child by the store clerk
- Receipts of transactions should indicate time/date/items purchased...

JMO

I think I can answer your last question at least. Grandpa was quoted as saying that DK Sr., JM and DK Jr. all lived with him. Read that today. Can try to find the article or quote...

ETA: here's the article http://www.hlntv.com/article/2015/07/17/deorr-kunz-missing-family-fear-abducted

Are you referring to DK Sr's father or grandfather? The grandfather was camping with them. I am finding the references in this thread, with divorces, remarriages, and the use of pronouns are mixing up the mother's older relatives with the Dad's older relatives. Especially at the grandparent/great grandparent level. People are arguing about what two different people said on two different days and don't even realize it.

Are you referring to DK Sr's father or grandfather? The grandfather was camping with them. I am finding the references in this thread, with divorces, remarriages, and the use of pronouns are mixing up the mother's older relatives with the Dad's older relatives. Especially at the grandparent/great grandparent level. People are arguing about what two different people said on two different days and don't even realize it.

They lived with DK's father, DK Jr's grandfather. Yeah, it's confusing with all the relations being referred to! Oh, and just to add to the confusion, the "grandpa" camping with them was JM's grandpa/DK Jr's great grandpa.

Have they ever even said if Grampa's "friend" is a man or a woman? Did they all arrive in one truck, or did they have two vehicles?

It has been reported the friend was male...

but.. I, too, wonder how many vehicles were driven to the campground...

and... As someone posted up thread...

the lack of information fuels speculation... As it is just "human nature" (or the "nature of the beast" as some may prefer to refer to it) to find answers/problem solve puzzling situations...

JMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member