ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We took our four month old (along with her siblings ages 3, 7, 9 & 10) camping this year over the fourth of July. It's not only that Deorr was young that strikes me as odd. Everything combined just does. That's jmo.

What travelers? The campsite is remote and very primitive. I doubt there are lotsa people flocking to it with toddlers in tow.

I meant the people traveling on Route 28. It's about the only road through that part of the state so it's always somewhat busy with ranchers, loggers, and miners, but in the summer and fall it can be crowded with hunters, fishermen, and tourists. And there are only a few towns where you can stop if you need gas or want a candy bar.

I meant the people traveling on Route 28. It's about the only road through that part of the state so it's always somewhat busy with ranchers, loggers, and miners, but in the summer and fall it can be crowded with hunters, fishermen, and tourists. And there are only a few towns where you can stop if you need gas or want a candy bar.

With towns so far apart, wouldn't it be prudent to get gas and provisions at the start of the trip?

JMO

I've been reading this thread from the beginning and I have to say, this is the strangest camping trip I've ever heard of. An extremely desolate campground with a toddler and two very elderly men? I assume the friend is similarly aged to great-grandpa. Why didn't grandma go? What sort of men of that age go camping together? I'm so confused about so many things with this case. My heart breaks for this baby.

Many oddities. Such strange. Wow.

For people who have grown up in the Rockies, it's a beautiful, peaceful campsite and a great place to go with their family. Mixed age groups camp all the time. Friends of any age and sex camp together. Maybe they fish, maybe they hike, maybe they just sit and enjoy the peace and quiet.

I've been reading this thread from the beginning and I have to say, this is the strangest camping trip I've ever heard of. An extremely desolate campground with a toddler and two very elderly men? I assume the friend is similarly aged to great-grandpa. Why didn't grandma go? What sort of men of that age go camping together? I'm so confused about so many things with this case. My heart breaks for this baby.

Many oddities. Such strange. Wow.

Whose grandma are you talking about? The one who was giving comments in the news is the daughter of the greatgrandfather who was on the trip. JMO there's potentially any number of reasons that she didn't go, and I see no reason to think it's particularly odd. She could have been working on a Friday, might live nowhere close, does not like camping, not sure what her health is, etc. Not sure if we know if any of the other grandmothers are even alive?

I think abduction remains a real possibility. LE should release a sketch of the man seen by the clerk.

JMO

Exactly - and if she remembers the little guy's appearance, you'd think she could remember the man who bought the candy bar too. Surely by now the clerk has been able to clear up whether or not it was Deorr Sr?
Mind you, I think the story about the store was brought up by the parents as an example of the confusing info circulating. We are still discussing it here, but perhaps it was cleared up by LE way back then. If not, then yes a description of the man and his vehicle would surely be circulating, and even an Amber Alert issued??

I would call 911 immediately because it would take awhile for LE to arrive. They were out in the middle of nowhere.

JMO

Yeah and if you suspect that your toddler fell into water, if you wait for an hour it's pretty much too late for 911 to do anything to save him by the time that you call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sally43