Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Deorr-Kunz-Jr-jpg.jpg

Deorr Kunz Jr.

Missing two year old in Lemhi County

Search crews are looking for a missing two year old boy who was camping with his family in the Leadore area.

He was last seen wearing a camo jacket, blue sweatpants and camo cowboy boots.

http://m.localnews8.com/news/Missing-two-year-old-in-Lemhi-County/34110688

Chief deputy on missing boy's family: 'They're solid
KTVB, KTVB.COM 2:14 p.m. MDT July 16, 2015

[...]
"We've interviewed the family, and the information they've provided us - my office, myself - we're good with that," he said.

"And I know there's a lot of innuendo out on social media and a lot of stuff going out there and it would be nice if it would stop and let them have a little peace. They're solid."

3 months, still no sign of missing toddler
Chelsea Brentzel
POSTED: 10:39 PM MDT Oct 09, 2015 -- UPDATED: 10:51 PM MDT Oct 09, 2015

LEADORE, Idaho - After a three month investigation into the disappearance of 2-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr., law enforcement is going back to the drawing board and re-interviewing everyone involved that day...
NamUs MP 29726

Case Map

ID - Deorr Kunz Jr, 2 yr old -- Media,Timelines and Maps **NO DISCUSSION"

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11
Thread #12

[video=youtube;mwM1oG3z358]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwM1oG3z358[/video] at 1:50 the father describes the creek as being knee deep and a few feet wide. It was searched by divers in wet suits.

View attachment 82799

FWIW It looks about ankle deep in this photo.

Attachments

• 635727553192444321-lemhi-search.JPG
    635727553192444321-lemhi-search.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 619
I too think he fell in the water... they must do more searches in that creek and which ever way it flows...

According to a member here about the road to Leadore...

Per WS member fishing_idaho: I live in the area and worked up that drainage many times. You’re absolutely correct about the time it takes to drive on that road. It is very rough but if you have a truck that you don’t mind abusing a little (and good tires) you can make it up there in 20 to 25 minutes or possibly even quicker if you really pushed it. It's a bad road, but for anyone who has experience driving rocky dirt roads, it's not that bad. If you're good at avoiding the rock clusters you can maintain a pretty good pace driving up there and not even abuse your truck that much. The website estimates for travel time are way off. At http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Timber-Creek-Campground-10-July-2015-4/page8 posts #747 & 741)

Where are you DeOrr!?!?!

That's a great idea, Arnie. I find it hard to believe that more focus hasn't been placed on the possibility that he fell into the water.

The searchers actually did a fairly thorough job in the creek and reservoir , they reached and probed around some of the rocks , but a man can only reach 3 feet under water and a body could easily be 4 , 5 , or 6 feet from the surface and off to the side.

Every place we see those large rocks sticking out of the water , there will be 20 more underneath that we cannot see , nature and the running creek has washed away all the dirt and soil and filled those cavities with water , often fish live there all winter while the rest of the creek freezes almost solid.

Moving the rocks is not practical , they weigh more than a car and you cannot get heavy equipment down there , carefully searching for cavities is the best , then try send a camera probe in for a look . A body will be preserved for a long time in cold running water.

Look at parts of this video .... at 00:45 you can clearly see the water runs UNDERGROUND at the dam , it does not run over the top. And it is a substantial flow of water , not little pinholes letting a few drops leak through .

I dont happen to think DeOrr is in the reservoir , it is a long ways from the campground ... I simply wanted to point out how water flows underground , there have to be some cavities there for it to do that

Look at 1:57 in the video ... the creek is straight ahead of the camera but there is water showing up from the left and partly from underground and around rocks on the side of the creek

2:15 to 2:20 has a bit more video of the creek

We have already discussed to death what the grandfather said , so lets not go there again , just watch the water. thanks

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/loca...andfather-believes-boy-was-abducted/30321903/

Look at parts of this video .... at 00:45 you can clearly see the water runs UNDERGROUND at the dam , it does not run over the top. And it is a substantial flow of water , not little pinholes letting a few drops leak through .

I dont happen to think DeOrr is in the reservoir , it is a long ways from the campground ... I simply wanted to point out how water flows underground , there have to be some cavities there for it to do that

Look at 1:57 in the video ... the creek is straight ahead of the camera but there is water showing up from the left and partly from underground and around rocks on the side of the creek

We have already discussed to death what the grandfather said , so lets not go there again , just watch the water. thanks

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/loca...andfather-believes-boy-was-abducted/30321903/

Arnie, it sounds like the search team was top notch, at least from what we have heard. If they knew the creek and could detect some of the things you are talking about, such as the deep pockets and where the creek went under the dam--and they followed protocol in terms of their methods--is it still likely they could have missed the toddler? The jug idea seems fairly brilliant. Is that something search teams might be familiar with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a LOT of water, much much more then what I thought listening to it described verbally. A baby wouldn't last a sec. I saw that water coming in from the left and I wonder where is that stream coming from? Another opening in the Rez? JMO

Many posters seem to easily cast away other possibilities and hang on to dear life to their own theory. I wish LE could be so certain about something.

All I know is...I won't be surprised. Taken by a mountain lion, drowned, missed by searchers, abduction, accident and cover up and any other possibility. Except one I guess, and that is stranger abduction.

Whatever the resolution (and I pray there is one) I hope there are no "I told you so!'s" or "I said it first's!" LOL

Many posters seem to easily cast away other possibilities and hang on to dear life to their own theory. I wish LE could be so certain about something.

All I know is...I won't be surprised. Taken by a mountain lion, drowned, missed by searchers, abduction, accident and cover up and any other possibility. Except one I guess, and that is stranger abduction.

Whatever the resolution (and I pray there is one) I hope there are no "I told you so!'s" or "I said it first's!" LOL

I think all of us would really be so happy no one would think about a gloat moment. Praying there is a resolution too.

I wish somehow the reservoir could be temporarily dammed up (or diverted) so the creekbed would drain out.....would be way easier to search without water. Is that even possible?

There must be highway cameras? Road cameras.. something.. I wonder if their vehicle was seen on camera? As a matter of fact, i wonder If the creep in the jeep was seen on a highway camera? MOO

I wish somehow the reservoir could be temporarily dammed up (or diverted) so the creekbed would drain out.....would be way easier to search without water. Is that even possible?

Most reservoirs in Idaho get pretty low in the winter. Some even dry up all together (usually late summer, early fall). Not sure about Stone Reservoir - it is pretty tiny and seems more like a "recreational" type reservoir (rather than a functional reservoir that would be used to store spring snow melt for irrigation and/or for flood control). Regardless, I would expect that it would be lower now than it was in July, but having not been there, I don't know. I would also expect the creek flow to be much lower right now than it was in July. It's been really warm and dry this fall for most of the state.

Most reservoirs in Idaho get pretty low in the winter. Some even dry up all together (usually late summer, early fall). Not sure about Stone Reservoir - it is pretty tiny and seems more like a "recreational" type reservoir (rather than a functional reservoir that would be used to store spring snow melt for irrigation and/or for flood control). Regardless, I would expect that it would be lower now than it was in July, but having not been there, I don't know. I would also expect the creek flow to be much lower right now than it was in July. It's been really warm and dry this fall for most of the state.

I tried to research this rez and where the water comes from. I didn't get too far...most of the info that comes up is about this search. Its a fishing area so I wonder if the water is stocked? Since its land locked I would imagine it would have to be unless it self populates from the fish it contains. Not sure how that works. I actually like your idea about draining it Mickshawn but I have no idea of what it would involve and since the Sheriff says he feels that the searches done cleared the water already I don't think it would be in his thought process. They have lowered the rivers around here during searches and other events by regulating the dams.

I also wonder where the creek ends up? It looks strong enough to carry something for quite a ways if the conditions were correct. I could be wrong of course. Its JMO and thoughts since we are talking about this.

I tried to research this rez and where the water comes from. I didn't get too far...most of the info that comes up is about this search. Its a fishing area so I wonder if the water is stocked? Since its land locked I would imagine it would have to be unless it self populates from the fish it contains. Not sure how that works. I actually like your idea about draining it Mickshawn but I have no idea of what it would involve and since the Sheriff says he feels that the searches done cleared the water already I don't think it would be in his thought process. They have lowered the rivers around here during searches and other events by regulating the dams.

I also wonder where the creek ends up? It looks strong enough to carry something for quite a ways if the conditions were correct. I could be wrong of course. Its JMO and thoughts since we are talking about this.

I was actually thinking of damming or diverting the water from the reservoir to dry out the creek for better searching.

I, too, have wondered where the creek water all goes....

Good post with helpful information. OT: I had always assumed until recently that anything called a "reservoir" was man made. But that is incorrect, sometimes a natural lake can have a dam put in, like here, and then it could be called a reservoir. So I think that is what happened here. Helpful to know, also, that "Stone Reservoir" and "Timbercreek Reservoir" seem to be interchangable names for this little body of water.

I was actually thinking of damming or diverting the water from the reservoir to dry out the creek for better searching.

I, too, have wondered where the creek water all goes....

I think that is a brilliant idea. JMO

(modsnip)

It seems when when a case has so little to go on, everyone involved gets thrown under the bus at some point. Some seem to fit there better than others. While IR's social skills seem severely lacking, he may be clever as a fox.

I don't want to rule anything out just yet. It's such a mess of info.

I think all of us would really be so happy no one would think about a gloat moment. Praying there is a resolution too.

We'll definitely appreciate the truth finally coming to light. As for the gloating I was just inserting a little dark humor here amongst all our frustration.

:banghead:

It seems when when a case has so little to go on, everyone involved gets thrown under the bus at some point. Some seem to fit there better than others. While IR's social skills seem severely lacking, he may be clever as a fox.

I don't want to rule anything out just yet. It's such a mess of info.
Yeah that's true at least everyone gets thown under the bus at least once or twice.
Itd make sense if he was responsible and I'm not saying I'm totally against the idea. Its just where would DeOrr be then? Maybe its so obvious no one ever thought to look. Idk it'd just mean he has to be there somewhere then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla