ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - # 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, who knows? He may have a very big problem with recall. He was quick to correct NE, though. NE asked "so you spent at least a couple of hours with the Deorrs at the CG" and IR said "no, more like a couple of days.". So, I would say yea, he saw the baby.

I interpreted his answer to mean that he ended up spending a couple of days with VDK at the campground due to the search, not that he'd already been at the campground with them for 2 days. They'd only been at the campground together for 18 hours maximum before DeOrr went missing.

Hey All~~

Do we KNOW if any family/friends OTHER THAN the 4 adult campers were there at the campsite when the first SAR/LE people arrived?

my thoughts are the same as yours.

- where are there private homes up there. because that's where they searched, not down mountain in leadore. by their own and LE's admission.
- why would he put it out there that he trespassed, and where did he trespass
- what 'signs' are up in those mountains anyway aside from campground and possibly hunting markers
- who would be so dumb as to 'hide' their child on private property (wait don't answer that) or even mention the thought of it being a possibility...
considering that you have an enormous uncharted national forest in which to do so, at your fingertips (trucktips)...

I'm way behind again but...

He may have said that just in case someone saw him in that area, the area where he was actually HIDING Deorr, not LOOKING for him. :(

JMO.

Agreed. Some seem to find him an easy target because of rumored mental deficiencies. Personally, I think he's proven himself much more intelligent than anyone in the VDK/JM family.

I still haven't figured out where the "mental deficiencies" comes from. Not only is it incredibly cruel to be stating that all over the internet, (not aiming this at you, modernaudrey) but it's also unsubstantiated. If anything, perhaps he's on medications for something, blood pressure or a seizure disorder. These are some of the meds. that create problems with polygraphs and cause them to be inconclusive, but they don't in any way indicate anything intellectually wrong with anyone. It's really ridiculous, poor guy. JMO

Hey All~~

Do we KNOW if any family/friends OTHER THAN the 4 adult campers were there at the campsite when the first SAR/LE people arrived?

First time posting, been following for a while... I don't believe I've seen this discussed, but besides family and friends arriving AFTER Deorr Jr disappearance, do we know/suspect if anyone else may have been camping with the group but left prior to LE arrival?
Also, from someone who normally just lurks, I really appreciate everyone's effort here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as the toy car and the metal detector, I just check out the "Sharkinator" shark-theme Hotwheels car I have on the ledge in my bathroom as decoration (don't ask . . I also have a little piece of driftwood with a seagull perched on it, and a magnet with Pierce Brosnan as James Bond) Anyway, the car is TOTALLY plastic-y. I don't think it has a bit of metal in it. Not like the "good old days" when I was a kid.

I see. You might try holding the bathroom magnet to the car to check for metal. Even the little plastic cheapo s will often have a steel axle between wheels.

Deorr's coat may have metal snaps or a zipper as well....maybe he had a penny in his pocket.

First time posting, been following for a while... I don't believe I've seen this discussed, but besides family and friends arriving AFTER Deorr Jr disappearance, do we know/suspect if anyone else may have been camping with the group but left prior to LE arrival?
Also, from someone who normally just lurks, I really appreciate everyone's effort here!

Welcome, ann.in.illinois!!

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that maybe they dropped him down a steep hill or put him in a mine. That is what I'm thinking at the moment. I just listened to what Klein said. Not all of it, just the first couple minutes and what stood out to me is when he said Jessica told them DeOrr was on the mountain and she believed they could get to him. He didn't say they could find him. He said "get to him". To me, it made it sound like the average person out walking wouldn't be able to get to him but a team with special skill/equipment would be able to get to him.

That made a lot more sense in my head. Lol!! For some reason I'm struggling with wording it the right way tonight. Hopefully someone understands what I was trying to say.

Do you have a link for the words I BOLDED? I don't remember that being said..those specific words. Thanks.

http://m.localnews8.com/news/private-investigator-cadaver-dog-proves-there-was-a-death/38307992

It's at the 5:45-5:50 mark.

Sorry everyone for all the posts. It wouldn't let me edit my original post{a second time} to add the link.

05:30:
Klein:
Um… the last part that really concerns us as I kind of spoke about in the beginning of this interview is that Jessica herself has confessed to us and law enforcement that she does know where the body is up on that mountain and she knows ways we can get to it, um but she won’t go thru the whole story, and she won’t tell us what she knows. She seems to stop. There’s a brick wall. We just can’t get her through that brick wall. At this point that’s not going to be for us to do. That’s going to be for law enforcement to do because that brings it beyond what we have been given an area to look and we will.

Link above

I see. You might try holding the bathroom magnet to the car to check for metal. Even the little plastic cheapo s will often have a steel axle between wheels.

Deorr's coat may have metal snaps or a zipper as well....maybe he had a penny in his pocket.

FWIW, we have tons of hot wheels cars around, some old, some new, and they still are mostly made of metal. Not sure what MBK has, maybe a different brand?

To my knowledge this has never been asked or answered in MSM (mainstream media). Social media (I don't know...)

Welcome aboard!

I still haven't figured out where the "mental deficiencies" comes from. Not only is it incredibly cruel to be stating that all over the internet, (not aiming this at you, modernaudrey) but it's also unsubstantiated. If anything, perhaps he's on medications for something, blood pressure or a seizure disorder. These are some of the meds. that create problems with polygraphs and cause them to be inconclusive, but they don't in any way indicate anything intellectually wrong with anyone. It's really ridiculous, poor guy. JMO

Wasn't the first post regarding this about the sheriff? I read that post to say that SB is holding his cards close, distancing himself from, without contradicting, Klein. But now it seems you are referencing someone else (IR, GGP?). You guys aren't saying there have been rumors about SBs mental health, are you? I just want to clear that up; it is entirely possible I have misread everything!!!!! Lol

Police investigating the 1991 disappearance of British toddler Ben Needham on the Greek island of Kos are said to be hoping a toy car could hold the key to finding him.

Ben, who was 21 months old when he went missing, is believed to have been playing with the Dinky toy when he vanished. Now, a UK team of officers are said to be using a super-powered metal detector to search the field where he had been playing...

The metal detector - a magnetometer - can sense fragments dozens of feet underground and could locate a toy, or fasteners on clothes, and cops are pinning their hopes on it finding Ben's metal toy car.

Detective Superintendent Matt Fenwick said: "We are interested in anything - clothing, belt buckles, buttons - that might give us an indication of where Ben was and how far into the field he ventured."

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/7373116

Agree. It's just some pseudo science people use for clicks or cash.

Totally agree, sure LE and the FBI perform statement analysis. We do lots of it here on websleuths. I'm talking about the statement analysis method that someone has trademarked or patented. Includes ideas like this or that word means water etc. I think there is someone who makes business out of promoting it. My background is psychology as practitioner and researcher so I'm pretty skeptical. Occupational hazard -sorry if I've upset anyone :).

I'm about 10 pages behind & coming off an 18 hour shift... Have we just rehashed or is there a new develipment? I haven't seen anything in the news or heard any local chat, just too tired to read it all!

I'm about 10 pages behind & coming off an 18 hour shift... Have we just rehashed or is there a new develipment? I haven't seen anything in the news or heard any local chat, just too tired to read it all!
Go to bed get a good night's sleep, you haven't really missed anything.

SM has addressed it. One of the pages (not run by family) has stated (modsnip) but since this is from SM, not MSM, it has to be taken with a grain of salt & considered a rumor. I would dig back thru posts in that group to find the exact time, but I don't think I could link it here anyways, right?

The simple answer is No, you can't link or discuss it if it is not an approproved site.

Please refer to Post #713 for Bessie's recent post re: social media for this case
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...r-Creek-Campground-10-July-2015-24&p=12402056

The simple answer is No, you can't link or discuss it if it is not an approproved site.

Please refer to Post #713 for Bessie's recent post re: social media for this case
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...r-Creek-Campground-10-July-2015-24&p=12402056

I would just like to say that what people see with their own eyes & conclude with their own minds from SM should be a consideration. Law enforcement certainly keeps an eye on it. I agree with not going down that rabbit hole here on WS, but it is an avenue to be considered overall.

I actually intended the 'mental deficiencies' part to be read sarcastically... perhaps I could have been clearer, but at this time of night I'm actually lucky if I can type a complete sentence. I agree completely.

Welcome. I'm glad you decided to post. The answers to many questions can be found in the media thread. I hope you'll check it out.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12122056

08:46
SB: No, at this time I don’t consider them suspects, uh, and the only reason I’m calling them a person of interest is because they were at the scene. Uh, they’re the only people at the scene other than one family that was at the upper lake that was from another county and…and the law enforcement in that jurisdiction, we talked about has vouched for them and uh they’re an older couple, and we’ve been reassured by law enforcement that they would not be involved in any abduction or any of that sorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member