ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Dad getting really tongue tied with Snake River/Salmon SAR?

He got so tongue-tied that I went googling for the possible significance. Snake River runs from the starting point of the holiday journey and along it for some time. Guess it might be significant to the family?

Either I missed some new info, or you got it wrong somehow :)

I thought dad went with Deorr to the shop, mom didn't go.

In the raw interview, Dad says they went down to the store as a family.

But when the rumor was being discussed about the clerk seeing them at 6 pm, she apparently only made reference to seeing a gentleman and a young blonde boy matching Deorr's description.

Either I missed some new info, or you got it wrong somehow :)

I thought dad went with Deorr to the shop, mom didn't go.

In the long interview, Dad said they went to the store as a family.

He got so tongue-tied that I went googling for the possible significance. Snake River runs from the starting point of the holiday journey and along it for some time. Guess it might be significant to the family?

I mentioned earlier that Snake River features prominently in many business names, etc. in the area. I used to live there, and it doesn't seem weird to me at all. HTH, IMO.

Thanks for the timeline bump. I was really hoping there would be more 'clues' that have popped up since I last read this case. The only scenarios in my mind are pretty awful.

I'll be curious to see if people here are allowed to sleuth about the parents or not. From what I've read, they don't seem like suspects at all at this point.

They are "persons of interest" since they were there. Not suspects but not 100% off the table or cleared. It'd be impossible at this point to do so.

In the raw interview, Dad says they went down to the store as a family.

But when the rumor was being discussed about the clerk seeing them at 6 pm, she apparently only made reference to seeing a gentleman and a young blonde boy matching Deorr's description.

Thank you! So I got that mixed up. This case is confusing as hell.

I find it odd that the Sheriff specifically mentioned GGP's "mental" health in describing why he is not a POI. This to me suggests a fairly substantial cognitive impairment. I also find it a bit odd that a 35 year old (with a criminal record) is being described as GGP's "friend" of 5 years. How many 30 year olds are good enough friends w/ someone of GGP's age that they would go camping with them and their family? Particularly if GGP has a substantial cognitive impairment. Is it possible that the 35 year old was actually GGP's "friend" in the sense of carer (perhaps described as a friend to make it more palatable to the GGP). I've had elderly family members who had "friends" like this. If this is the case, then there's no doubt that Deorr was left in the care of GGP AND the carer, which makes more sense to me anyway... because who leaves their toddler w/ a GGP who is physically and mentally incapable of being a suspect in his disappearance? Wouldn't that make him incapable of adequately caring for toddler?

Now... I'm not sure where that leaves things. I seriously doubt that GGP and carer conspired to kill DK (why on earth would they) or even cover up his death (no way carer would trust GGP to cover for him -- especially if he's mentally diminished; and why would innocent carer cover for non-culpable GGP?). If GGP is truly incapable of having killed/covered up DK's death alone, then -- in my mind -- the only way that carer could be responsible is if he killed/covered up DK's death alone and GGP is so out of it that he didn't notice. I guess that's possible if carer did it out of GGP's sight and GGP's impairment leaves him with no real sense of time (pretty common in dementia); GGP could think carer was there the whole time even if he wasn't. That said, GGP would have to be VERY impaired for that to be possible... which surely LE must know is/isn't true.

Parents could still be responsible if DK did go with them/follow them and they did something out of sight of GGP/carer. (NB. NOT in any way suggesting parents are responsible, just that the above reasoning doesn't rule them out. If parents, would seem accidental death + cover up is only real explanation. No way they intentionally conspired to kill DK.)

Didn't mom say she never met this "friend" before? So he couldn't have been a care giver since Mom, and the 2 deorrs lived with GGP. "Friend" seemed not quite all there when the reporter came.. This wasnt someone who just woke up..IMO. I thought his speech was slurred.. he kept his arm in the door.. really really weird affect.. ..JMO..

Family friend not a suspect in case of missing 2-year-old, sheriff says
By Nate Sunderland, EastIdahoNews.com | Posted Jul 27th, 2015 @ 10:43am

"Bowerman said Reinwand, similar to Mitchell and Kunz, are "persons of interest" in this case because they were at the scene. However, at this time, neither Reinwand, Mitchell or Kunz are suspects in the missing persons case."

"Mitchell and Kunz believe their son was abducted. Bowerman has not ruled abduction out. He said authorities do not suspect foul play, but has said in the past that everything is being considered in the search for the toddler. No suspects have been named in the case."
POI does not equal Suspect, and any one of us who happened to be at the scene, and capable, would be regarded as such, and subjected to questioning by LE. SOP.

The parents and the friend remain OFF LIMITS to sleuthing until, and unless, LE indicates any one or more have been elevated to the level of "Suspect".

You can discuss the contents of the article and video of the friend. Since the criminal history was part of the article, you can discuss it. However, it would be wise to note that the past charges mentioned were related to a contentious domestic situation ten years ago. Not a good thing, but also not consistent with a pedophile or sexual predator.

Linking to and discussing his social media profiles, address, and other personal information is not allowed. T

The parents are still considered victims, and as I said in an earlier post, are to be given the benefit of the doubt on this site.

A new thread will be open for posting in a few minutes.

Bessie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member