ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Wow. Marshburn did it again. My goodness.

I hope it all pans out to be the boy. He does need a proper resting place.

This is really good news. Hope LE charges them both and keep em locked up till the real truth comes out. And it aint Granpa's fault I can guarantee that.

JMO
I think something happened before the trip. Its why the trip was so rushed. Going camping to a place where they had never been and with a friend of Grandpas who they never even met.

I am afraid the poor boy was long gone before they even headed to the campground.

Very possibly, or, something happened at the campground itself, and there was a cover up.

I honestly don’t know what to think anymore, except one thing I have no doubt about.... there was a cover up.

I

It is peculiar, I agree.

IIRC, the cadaver dogs in the initial searches hit on one area, and that turned out to be where someone had buried their doggie.

Odd now that 2 dogs hit on this new area, and the sheriff then brought his own dog up and his dog hit on the same area.
Thats what really makes me wonder if GGP might have given some information on his death bed.

I haven’t read this thread in a while...it’s surprising to me that anyone defends these parents.

I’m skeptical of this “discovery” being DeOrr, but I’m hopeful too. Considering that scent dogs could detect no trace of him at the campground in 2015, and no one found even a speck of evidence that he had been there, and all the witnesses Vernal and Jessica said had seen them with DeOrr never saw DeOrr at all...there’s a lot of reason to doubt.

But it also wouldn’t surprise me to find out his remains were moved there from somewhere else to try and prove the “lost in the woods” story.

"Marshburn said one of his dogs went to the water and all of a sudden dashed to a spot in the water."

Cadaver dogs smell scent in area where DeOrr Kunz disappeared

Marshburn said the Sheriff's office brought another dog the next day. It also hit on the same spot. He says it could be DeOrr or it could be an old Indian Grave. But he believes there is something in the ground there.

Marshburn said the spot is in a difficult place to retrieve a body. "The environmental conditions are horrible. You're sifting through mud and muck, you're nasty and you got mosquitoes, it's just a horrible environment [...]" said Marshburn.

Kunz adds, “I still have hope that I’m gonna find my son that he was taken. There’s no evidence that shows I’m wrong. David Marshburn and his amazing dogs – they’re showing me the possibility that at least I may have closure. That (DeOrr) may still be up on the mountain. He’s showing me a possibility that makes sense and it’s not the one I want but it is closure. It does lay my little boy to rest and that is what he deserves.”

Vernal Kunz asks judge to reconsider lawsuit against Klein; new P.I. talks about his search | East Idaho News

Kunz adds, “I still have hope that I’m gonna find my son that he was taken. There’s no evidence that shows I’m wrong. David Marshburn and his amazing dogs – they’re showing me the possibility that at least I may have closure. That (DeOrr) may still be up on the mountain. He’s showing me a possibility that makes sense and it’s not the one I want but it is closure. It does lay my little boy to rest and that is what he deserves.”

Vernal Kunz asks judge to reconsider lawsuit against Klein; new P.I. talks about his search | East Idaho News
Well this seems to contradict anything we’ve been told up to this point. Marshburn makes it sound like the parents are totally innocent.... yet they’ve hit on a scent of remains at the campground? Who else would have been there?
I’m taking a deep breath now........

"Marshburn said one of his dogs went to the water and all of a sudden dashed to a spot in the water."

Marshburn said the spot is in a difficult place to retrieve a body. "The environmental conditions are horrible. You're sifting through mud and muck, you're nasty and you got mosquitoes, it's just a horrible environment [...]" said Marshburn.

RSBM. BBM. I've always been in the camp looking sideways at the parents. This description makes me wonder, just for a moment, if maybe he did just wander off...

Well this seems to contradict anything we’ve been told up to this point. Marshburn makes it sound like the parents are totally innocent.... yet they’ve hit on a scent of remains at the campground? Who else would have been there?
I’m taking a deep breath now........

I know how you feel but also remember this isn't necessarily a murder. Drowning is a leading cause of accidental death in kids under 5.

Deleted, duplicate post.

Last edited:
RSBM. BBM. I've always been in the camp looking sideways at the parents. This description makes me wonder, just for a moment, if maybe he did just wander off...
This has always been a possibility, but the parents story always told us otherwise. They can’t have it both ways.
They claimed they left him with GGP, but he knew nothing about it.
And why would they leave their three year old toddler with an elderly, physically ill man in the first place. If nothing else they are guilty of gross negligence.

Cadaver dogs smell scent in area where DeOrr Kunz disappeared

Marshburn said the Sheriff's office brought another dog the next day. It also hit on the same spot. He says it could be DeOrr or it could be an old Indian Grave. But he believes there is something in the ground there.

The thing is, that the search dogs ran down and hit on the water in the early searches with Sheriff B. I remember him saying that, don’t I? Why wasn’t this followed up on more thoroughly then? Frustrated, calling it a night.

If he did wander off, the parents should be charged with negligence. They left a busy toddler alone with a great grandfather on oxygen, who needed his own caretaker. He had no business 'watching' a toddler when he had no way of keeping up with the child.

And he evidently didn't watch him anyway. He said he looked away and next time he looked the boy was gone. Down the hill towards the water. :eek:.....but he did nothing about that. Just sat back and waited...

Which is why I dont believe that hogwash story from the parents anyway. Why would they leave a very active, erratic young boy with someone who could not physically care for him?

And why would they go to the creek and leave their little boy behind? I loved camping with my kids and walking them to the water was one of the best times. It is hard for me to believe they left him back with a man no9n oxygen who couldn't chase him if there was a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa