ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the very beginning, I didn’t think DeOrr was ever at the campground. The whole camping trip was a cover up of some kind and was sloppily conceived. I’m really surprised that law enforcement never got to the bottom of things.
In my opinion I don't believe this child was ever there. I think they planned the whole trip to cover a accident that may have happened. No one would be looking anywhere except the location where they were camping.

I tend to agree, I don’t think he was ever at the campground. But I don’t think it was an accident, unless he accidentally ingested drugs that killed him. In all the cases I’ve ever followed the only time an “accident” has been been covered up is when the child is as given or gotten into drugs. JMO

I remember how the ‘camping trip’ was a big rush. Iirc, they suddenly set off for this remote location on a Friday night and didn’t even pack supplies. I’m sure the grandpa and his friend never even saw DeOrr. They were probably threatened to keep their mouths shut. I remember how the friend was terrified about speaking to anyone and was hiding inside his house.

Similarly, I still wonder what happened to Haleigh Cummings. Law enforcement is able to get answers and/or confessions from so many other tougher, hard core criminals. So, what happened with these two cases? Some little punks outwitted law enforcement?!

From the very beginning, I didn’t think DeOrr was ever at the campground. The whole camping trip was a cover up of some kind and was sloppily conceived. I’m really surprised that law enforcement never got to the bottom of things.

What about the friend and grandfather? You think they were in on it? If it were just the mom and dad maybe but I am not sure about the other two.

Do police feel the parents were involved? I just can’t believe after all this time this little boy hasn’t been found, the whole case seems so botched

I agree. From what I gather about the friend, he may not have the capacity to keep up such a deception for so long under intense scrutiny.

Duplicate, again. Ugh. Can someone tell me how to delete this?

Last edited:
What about the friend and grandfather? You think they were in on it? If it were just the mom and dad maybe but I am not sure about the other two.

I don’t think the grandpa or the friend were responsible for DeOrr’s disappearance. They knew that DeOrr was not on the camping trip but didn’t know what had happened to him. Most likely, the parents threatened them and told them not to speak to the police or make any comment whatsoever.

I am surprised that the grandpa didn’t make any kind of death-bed confession, such as telling police that DeOrr was never on the trip. But maybe the parents threatened to do harm to the friend or someone else if he said anything at all.

Do police feel the parents were involved? I just can’t believe after all this time this little boy hasn’t been found, the whole case seems so botched

The original sheriff on the case, Bowerman, said:

“We know that the parents aren’t telling the truth, and they know that we know that they’re lying. I know that they know where the little boy is and what happened to him.”

[B said:
“We know that the parents aren’t telling the truth, and they know that we know that they’re lying. I know that they know where the little boy is and what happened to him.”[/B]

Did LE ever go into more detail or change their stance on how they felt about the patents?

Did LE ever go into more detail or change their stance on how they felt about the patents?

Regardless of if you meant that for another thread, I’ll answer it anyway cos it’s still relevant :D.

Sheriff Bowerman retired after, iirc, a year or two on the case. He was replaced by another sheriff whose name slips my mind - this guy was said to be a friend of either the Kunz or Mitchell family. Sketchy memories of this, someone else might remember better.

I’d love to take Nate Easton the journalist out for a drink (or ten), I imagine he knows a LOT about this case that hasn’t been officially reported.

If only we could talk to him. I'm going to watch everything I can on this case just to refresh my memory.

I posted a second post that was meant for another thread. :) I just edited it to see if it can be deleted.

If only we could talk to him. I'm going to watch everything I can on this case just to refresh my memory.

I posted a second post that was meant for another thread. :) I just edited it to see if it can be deleted.

Feel free to post any memory joggers on here - I think most of us are sketchy on the details by now!! Crazy to think we’re coming up to 7 years :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam