ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they can completely rule out anything until they find out exactly what happened to DeOrr. The people at the campsite when DeOrr disappeared are not suspects at this time. That is not the same thing as ruled out. They have searched the creek and reservoir exhaustively, but his body could still be in one of them. :( In cases where children have been believed to have been attacked and carried off by predators, it's been months or years before evidence was found. LE has said they believe abduction if very unlikely from the beginning, but they've also said they can't rule it out completely. The FBI hasn't made any public statements, and I don't expect them to unless someone is arrested. Even then, I think local LE would make the announcement.

We still don't know anymore about what happened to the baby than we did weeks ago. As far as we know, nothing has been truly ruled out. LE may know different, but they're not sharing...

It just feels like were all going in circles, and trying so hard to find him, and make very good suggestions and points.... I want him found safe so BAD! I have a child myself, hes 13, but was the age 2 once, and I can remember how scared he would be if I was out of sight. I just cant think about him being alone, hurt, hungry. etc... I wished I could hold him, love him, and tell him everything will be okay... I will find where I read that ab the FBI ruling out the family and animals, and abduction... I do believe there is more thats not being shared, and its making my mind go wild!

Ugh........ Where is he already???????? My hubby keeps saying hes in the water (sadly)... I dont wanna believe that he wondered to follow his parents and drowned... I just keep holding out HOPE that he will be found alive by a miracle, when reality is a nightmare..... The parents have been ruled out by LE, and now FBI.. Abduction is ruled out , and animal attack ruled out......
that leaves water, or missing 411... Many think the missing 411 is crazy, I personally dont... READ ab it...... REGARDLESS........... I just want him found alive!!!!!
LE has not ruled out anyone! I don't know where you got that information, but it isn't true.

The people searching the water have used every tactic available to find him if he was there and they came up empty. If he followed his parents, the shallow creek is not going to allow for his body to be washed down from the campsite very far if at all so he isn't there. LE doesn't seem to buy into an abduction or animal attack for reasons we are not privy to so we have to defer to their expertise.

Everyone would love for this child to be found alive. Statistics are not in his favor, but there is always hope no matter how slim. Some people maintain that hope until they know the end result and others prefer to take a more realistic approach to these cases. Either way, they are difficult and heartbreaking every time. Children should never go missing.

Has it been confirmed that the GGF has dementia or is somehow lacking mentally? I recall reading in MSM that he has "health issues", but have those health issues been confirmed as a mental incompetency of some sort?

Sometimes when various possible scenarios get discussed so much, speculation morphs into a "for sure" thing. I was starting to believe GGF had dementia myself, but when I stopped to really think about it, I realized I had only read that as speculation in comments here and elsewhere. I don't think I have seen anything truly confirming it.

yes please, im in the dark too????

Well, there's the arrival time for camping (Thurs night) and then the arrival time from going to the store and coming back (Fri early afternoon). It's in the reply thread that currently has 186 replies, under the Deorr story on the KIFI FB page.

Personally, I would try to keep those favorite things of his clean and out of the dirt. I would be putting everything my kids liked to sleep with in the truck until camp was made and tents were up, sleeping bags rolled out. I really don't see the mystery with the blanket. Sorry

I don't consider the Inquistir as a really reliable source. There isn't even a byline on the story. I believe they compile other stories and toss them together.

This sounds more like what they could have miscontrued as having ruled them out:

Bowerman said everyone at the campsite is considered a person of interest in the case, however, none of them are suspects -- this includes the parents, the child's great-grandfather and family friend Isaac Reinwand.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/sheriff-says-hes-convinced-deorr-kunz-was-not-abducted/34472108

ETA: I found the "byline" and the freelance writer is Heather Tooley. I sent her a tweet and point blank asked if she could back up the information stating they were ruled out. Will let you know!

The maternal grandmother was answering questions but I believe the posts have been removed, not sure why.

I can still see all her responses - they are all consistent with each other but different from what's been reported on the news. They don't appear to be deleted or removed as far as I can tell? Weird.

Has it been confirmed that the GGF has dementia or is somehow lacking mentally? I recall reading in MSM that he has "health issues", but have those health issues been confirmed as a mental incompetency of some sort?

Sometimes when various possible scenarios get discussed so much, speculation morphs into a "for sure" thing. I was starting to believe GGF had dementia myself, but when I stopped to really think about it, I realized I had only read that as speculation in comments here and elsewhere. I don't think I have seen anything truly confirming it.
There has been no confirmed diagnosis of anything with GGF. Vague statements from the Sheriff don't get into specifics.

The maternal grandmother was answering questions but I believe the posts have been removed, not sure why.

No they haven't. I'm not sure why Tricia said they were removed. Maybe she was talking about something else?

Was this person present at the site when they arrived?

No, but I think they were in contact by texts throughout the trip as they were planning to join the family group over the weekend.

I can still see all her responses - they are all consistent with each other but different from what's been reported on the news. They don't appear to be deleted or removed as far as I can tell? Weird.

Sorry I was wrong :doh::doh::doh:

Personally, I would try to keep those favorite things of his clean and out of the dirt. I would be putting everything my kids liked to sleep with in the truck until camp was made and tents were up, sleeping bags rolled out. I really don't see the mystery with the blanket. Sorry
The mystery is the mother and father stated he was never without those 3 items. They also said he stayed behind because it was his nap time. This would mean he would have his blanket to nap and it would be with him in or out of the truck.

It isn't unusual for a parent to try and keep a child's blanket clean by leaving it in the truck, but they can't have it both ways.

Thanks! I had wondered about that very thing and glad you looked it up. I could see in the evening where it may cool down near/after sunset, but this was in the mid-afternoon July heat. Even for ID, summer is summer unless there is a low front or rain to cool things off. He was dressed for nighttime not fun in the sun! Interesting.

I had looked that one up weeks ago...the only problem is, when viewing the news coverage, most of the search party is wearing jackets and sweatshirts as well. Sheriff, too. Maybe a chilly mountain breeze?

I had looked that one up as well weeks ago...the only problem is that most of the search party is wearing jackets and sweatshirts as well.
In thick brush, I would expect them to wear gear to cover their arms. Are we certain it was due to the weather and not the location of the search for the long sleeves?

According to Wunderground, on July 10th, 2015 around the area of Leadore, ID the temp was 74. It bounced around in the mid 70s to mid 80s the rest of July except for the 27th when it dropped to 66.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...reqdb.zip=83464&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999

The temperature difference from Challis Airport KLLJ (Leadore, ID weather site) and the campsite shouldn't be too extreme, imo.

I had looked that one up weeks ago...the only problem is, when viewing the news coverage, most of the search party is wearing jackets and sweatshirts as well. Sheriff, too. Maybe a chilly mountain breeze?

Temps in nearby Leadore, ID for July 10 were:

High:69
Low: 52

http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/l/83464:4:US

I think the campground is at an even slightly higher elevation than Leadore. Not usually very hot, I suspect. I'd want a jacket at +/- 65 degrees.

In thick brush, I would expect them to wear gear to cover their arms. Are we certain it was due to the weather and not the location of the search for the long sleeves?

According to Wunderground, on July 10th, 2015 in Leadore, ID the temp was 74. It bounced around in the mid 70s to mid 80s the rest of July except for the 27th when it dropped to 66.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...reqdb.zip=83464&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999

The temperature difference from Leadore, ID and the campsite shouldn't be too extreme, imo.

:) I was searching & typing too -- you beat me to it!

The mystery is the mother and father stated he was never without those 3 items. They also said he stayed behind because it was his nap time. This would mean he would have his blanket to nap and it would be with him in or out of the truck.

It isn't unusual for a parent to try and keep a child's blanket clean by leaving it in the truck, but they can't have it both ways.

It is my opinion, there is no mystery with the blanket issue. They would have given it to him if indeed he made it to nap time. My grandson also has a security blanket...cannot live without it. But..he does not carry it around 24/7. It's his 'go to' blanket when he needs it. 'Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla