ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

Discussion in 'DeOrr Kunz, Jr.' started by bessie, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rkf

rkf Inactive

If that's the interview I saw, I think they interviewed him as "just a civilian searcher". What are the chances that of all the people out there, the one they interviewed is JM's ex-husband? Maybe ithey chose him because he's good-looking. I was also surprised to see that. He has been very supportive of the family in his SM postings.

2. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I stand corrected Seriously. You're right. In Noah's case they did also state they did not suspect foul play.

Nevertheless, the cases differ to me in many aspects. I always suspect parents first because statistically that's the reality. But when you start adding features like multiple accomplices and an elaborate cover up, it becomes illogical and not tenable. To me.

3. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Because if he was abducted that's the only way he could possibly remain alive.

4. *JMO*

*JMO* Active Member

I am still leaning toward the baby having wandered off and either succumbed to water or the elements. As far as animals, I am not sold on him being snatched up by them, but if he were out in the elements and either asleep, injured or expired, then I can imagine a scenario in which animals saw him as prey. :(

I am wondering if the friend was off fishing when the parents went exploring and if the baby could have followed him instead of the parents? He might have just followed the closest familiar adult and either fallen or gotten lost or whatever other theory may be considered in that case.

Surely LE has looked closely at where any fishing by this individual might have been doing, whether at the creek or at the reservoir.

5. rkf

rkf Inactive

Thank you very much for taking the time to share these. I will read up on them as soon as I'm in front of my computer. Watching the JM and DK interview, it wasn't just that DK thanked LE and SAR. (I would expect parents to say something nice about the people hunting for their kids, even if deep down they are frustrated at the lack of success.) It was the inordinate amount of time and attention to detail given to describing the search efforts that I found disconcerting. Also, when asked to tell about what happened that day, DK started with the 911 call, rather than what was going on that morning and afternoon leading up to DeOrr's disappearance. That is not the way I have been led to believe most parents will tell the story of their child's disappearance. In my mind, the main event is the child's disappearance, not the 911 call or the SAR helicopter. (modsnip)

MODS - if I'm not allowed to refer to a book, please snip. I'm assuming I can't link to his website since it's not MSM.

6. Leomoon80

Leomoon80 Well-Known Member

I guess because it has happened before to other parents in campgrounds.

I'm trying to recall the one case in the United States a few decades or so ago, does anyone recall the name? Not this one: On Sept. 1, 1975, Kurt Ronald Newton of Manchester vanished from Natanis Point Campground in Chain of Ponds in western Maine near the Quebec border. He was 4 at the time.

7. bessie

bessie Verified Insider

Closed for review and clean up of FB garbage.

8. bessie

bessie Verified Insider

ADMIN NOTE:
    I turned my head to allow discussion of a few FB statements by the grandmother. Now you guys have crossed the line and shown complete disregard for TOS, and disrespect toward the staff.

So going forward, TO's will be issued for any hint of a discussion about a FB post. You can still say "see post by XX". Anything more will earn you a vacation. Don't look for a warning, because you won't be receiving another one.

The thread is open for posting.

9. rkf

rkf Inactive

My concern is what was said and not said, not how it was said. We all behave and react differently and have different demeanors. But the focus in a missing person case is usually on the missing person first and everything else second. This video was posted in another thread I follow here on WS. It's a talk by a defense attorney and a police detective explaining why no one, even innocent people, should talk to LE without hiring a lawyer first. https://youtu.be/6wXkI4t7nuc

10. bessie

bessie Verified Insider

So sad but true. That's why parents and, in cases involving adults, spouses and SO's are POI's by default; and why I don't place much significance on that term. (It's LE's actions that are telling.)

But while my first inclination might be to suspect a parent, before I make a public statement, I consider the harm my words will do to an already tortured human being if I'm wrong. So with the exception of the most obvious cases, I always give the benefit of the doubt to the parents.

I've also been around long enough to understand that appearances really can be deceiving, and I don't always know what I think I know. When I accept that, I see more clearly. A dash of humility is good for one's inner vision.

11. bessie

bessie Verified Insider

:seeya: NEW THREAD ALERT...

I'll be back in a few minutes with the link, and will move over some posts from this thread.

12. bessie

bessie Verified Insider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.